No announcement yet.

Watergate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in the big skeem of stargate dose this truly matter???
    its not exackly meening of life stuff now is it????
    Last edited by jenMcKay; 20 September 2008, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Okay, do to my yearning for some good stargate episodes, I am re-watching the series, again. I am at Watergate now and :

Carter: "my research indicates that the gate has the ability to use destiny, molecular structure and the force being exerted on the event horizon to determine whether something is trying to pass through."

Feel free to watch it, it is at 31:23 of the episode.

So, although the water in watergate was a life form, the fact remains that the gate had multiple ways to determine if water wanted to come through! It is the same principle as to why air doesn't get sucked out of Atlantis when they dial a spacegate.

Thus, I return to my original statement of this being a poorly written episode that did not follow stargate lore.

Comment

Ok some one has probably siad this already but i am bored and don't have time 2 read them all..

The gate in watergate had water surrounding it all the time, in the Shrine the water had come crashing into the gate, much like the lava had dumped it's self into the gate in Inferno, the water would ahve coem through the gate and keept dumping in so the water and the pressure would keep goign and going and going till teh gate shutown after 38 mins. While in Watergate it just sat there all the time, and prob b/c of the org. as well.
        sigpic

Comment

As set by Carter and techlore of Stargate, water can't go through the gate on its own without momentum , i.e. unless there's force behind it like a massive flood is sweeping into the gate.

If a gate is underwater as in the gate is sitting on an ocean floor, then water isn't going into the gate's event horizon but if a massive river is diverted and heading to an open outgoing wormhole then the water is gonna go through as it has enough momentum; much like lava did at (2x19) "Inferno".
          Last edited by JackHarkness_Hot; 30 September 2008, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X