The weird thing is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The weird thing is

I actually thought of the storyline of other universe visit was something they could do more with. And I actually thought of a cool one. But I didn't figure the story would be able to fit one into the show in the future. Imagine my surprise when I saw they worked one just shortly after the 5th season starts. I thought the episodes was both fun and exciting to watch but kinda hoped they did more. Seeing as they jumped from reality to reality i was hoping for all manner of possibly exotic situations to be explored. Because this is the exact scenario which you could play with in that area. It also strukc me as an opportunity to have cameos from old guys that there probably would not have the chance to show up in the "Mainstream" Stargate universe reality. They've done that with episodes like "Ripple Effect" and "Point of View" and "The Road Not Taken".

One thing that I've wondered about was considering all the hype there was in find the lost city of the ancients in the previous seasons of SG-1 before SGA was launched, I imagined how different it would play out if Anubis have discovered Atlantis first. I kinda began to secretly hope they would bring back to Hat'ak to fight with Hiveships in one of the realities. Because honestly I've missed the familiar the over top bad guys from yesteryear over the last 3+ years. Did anyone feel anything remotely similar watching this episode? Or wish they would have had something more...nostalgia inducing than having a Red Giant as the threat in one of the realties? Or even something as simple as having Ford piloting the 302s? And since the ship went into more realities beyond the one that Sheppard and Co reside, perhaps there is potential for more complications arising from that? Or am I just crazy?
    Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 22 August 2008, 04:35 PM.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

There was more/different things that could have been done yes. Though keep in mind that not all of the things you mentioned can happen in 44 minutes.

Comment

I was hoping the same scenarios too and while I understand TV time is limited, maybe the concept of charging the alternate reality drive could have been shortened to give way to seeing those other possibilities. It was sure great to see Dr. Fraiser again --- okay, wrong board.

Comment

Working...
      X