This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting Questions about 2 Ancients Devices.Spoliers For S8 Threads

Ok someone mentioned that maybe the healing cube was designed to help fight the Wraith... but I pose another question and that is what if the device that Anubis finds in threads was going to be the last effort of the ancients to deystory the Wraith.

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s8/8x4.shtml

here is the link to the eppy info
    Last edited by GuardianKentel; 09 November 2004, 07:26 PM.

It does say "to recreate life in our galaxy," but it certainly is possible. I think it would be really cool if that was the case, but I doubt it, as I think Anubis modified the device to kill, wheras the Ancients originally designed it to re create life.
    Rocky

Comment

Maybe it was to destroy the Wraith, but when Anubis finds it he modifies it to kill anything that he wants. That would be COOL

Comment

Just a little reminder - when you put in a spoiler alert warning in the thread title it ONLY works if you actually say what the spoiler is for.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GuardianKentel
          Ok someone mentioned that maybe the healing cube was designed to help fight the Wraith... but I pose another question and that is what if the device that Anubis finds in threads was going to be the last effort of the ancients to deystory the Wraith.

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s8/8x4.shtml

here is the link to the eppy info
          That's possible and pretty observant. I think you might be right, or at least on to something. If not the Wraith, some other species? If Anubis finds it in the MW galaxy, what's the connection to the Wraith, since it would seem to me that it would be found in Pegasus, where the actual threat of the Wraith exists? Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis
            That's possible and pretty observant. I think you might be right, or at least on to something. If not the Wraith, some other species? If Anubis finds it in the MW galaxy, what's the connection to the Wraith, since it would seem to me that it would be found in Pegasus, where the actual threat of the Wraith exists? Any ideas?
            you know I thought about that... Maybe the Ancients didnt just come back to earth adn imediatly blend in with humans... Maybe they where devolping the device to fight the Wraith when the plague struck. so they where going to use it to fight that plague ... personally I think it would be silly to think that the ancients took everyone to Pegasus im sure their outposts here in MW would still be manned... maybe they send a message and palns to Ayiana and she transmitted them to the other outposts.

Wow that is actaully making smoke come out of my ears.

Comment

you know I thought about that... Maybe the Ancients didnt just come back to earth adn imediatly blend in with humans... Maybe they where devolping the device to fight the Wraith when the plague struck. so they where going to use it to fight that plague ... personally I think it would be silly to think that the ancients took everyone to Pegasus im sure their outposts here in MW would still be manned... maybe they send a message and palns to Ayiana and she transmitted them to the other outposts.

Good points. I think what you said makes a lot of sense.

Comment

Wasn't their a great plague which wiped out all life in the Milky Way while the Ancients were still there, and they created this device to re-seed all life? I thought that was an established storyline....or maybe I'm confused?

So the device was used to undo the effects of the original plague....it had nothing to do with the one that killed off the Ancients...

ANCiENTS & TOLKiEN
                One race to found them all, one race to zap them,
                One race to guide them all, and in the universe transcend them

ODE TO JOY
                Freude, schöner Götterfunken, Tochter aus Elysium,
                Wir betreten Feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum.

Deine Zauber binden wieder, Was die Mode streng geteilt;
                Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Comment

lol I have been thinking about this for a few days inbetween writing for the slasher. I just really think we shouldnt asume that they would take every ancient to Peagasus and then when they came back that they just dissappeared.

Comment

lol I have been thinking about this for a few days inbetween writing for the slasher. I just really think we shouldnt asume that they would take every ancient to Peagasus and then when they came back that they just dissappeared.
                    Every Ancient didn't go to Pegasus. Aniya (from "Frozen" and yes I know it's not spelled right) stayed on Earth. And if she did, it's possible that others did too.
                    Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                      Every Ancient didn't go to Pegasus. Aniya (from "Frozen" and yes I know it's not spelled right) stayed on Earth. And if she did, it's possible that others did too.
                      The man who looked like Apohsis did also. When the city left, he was still there.

Comment

"The man who looked like Apohsis did also. When the city left, he was still there."

Actually I think that when we see him and the girl he is "saying" good-bye and then we see Atlantis take off...

Comment

The question is who created the virus and for what reason. The wraith seem like the obvious to be the ones that created the virus but the only problem is from all the spoilers I’ve read there’s no clear indication that the Ancients were suffering from the virus when they left Pegasus galaxy. The question arises where did the virus come from.
                          "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Ayiana had a virus maybe it was the virus...

She was Frozen in a 3 million year old vein of ice so the returning Ancients from Pegasus couldn't have given it to her...or could they?

The idea that the Wraith create vrisues which kill potential food goes against their doctrine...

ANCiENTS & TOLKiEN
                            One race to found them all, one race to zap them,
                            One race to guide them all, and in the universe transcend them

ODE TO JOY
                            Freude, schöner Götterfunken, Tochter aus Elysium,
                            Wir betreten Feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum.

Deine Zauber binden wieder, Was die Mode streng geteilt;
                            Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that the plague in this galaxy was not caused by the Wraith, but I do seem to be pretty much alone on that one sometimes. As to the Ancient device,
                              Spoiler:
                              the hologram in Rising does say that they seeded life in their home galaxy before they left in Atlantis

Actually, my theory is that the Ancients made the device to wipe out anything 'non-us' and replace them with their amenable human slaves. If it was made to fight the Wraith, clearly it didn't work.

Originally posted by rocket4477
                              It does say "to recreate life in our galaxy," but it certainly is possible. I think it would be really cool if that was the case, but I doubt it, as I think Anubis modified the device to kill, wheras the Ancients originally designed it to re create life.
                              <cough>Genesistorpedo!<cough>
                              Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                              - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Working...
                              X