Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
    ...the point of view is on him, you can't see Weir, but you can tell when he's making eye contact with her, they hold eye contact for quite a while, bit of a power battle perhaps?
    I haven't throught of Suspicion as a shippy epsiode. Mostly because Sheppard spends most of it so angry at the way Weir is handling it, and arguing in the defense of his teammate. I think it certainly nailed down that he was friends with Teyla and he did trust her. I can't really get my head past the friendship vibe though. I've been on and off refering to it as the Drinking Buddy vibe.

I have and do relate more to Weir than I do to anyone else in either series because she's closest to what I have done with my life and I can sympathize with her. Sam is what I wish I had done with my life, but that's a different sort of identifying thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
      Bumping with more pics from "Underground", from the scene Major Fischer referenced early in the thread.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...derground3.jpg
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...derground2.jpg

*happy sigh*
      Bah Mel beat me too it...i was gonna post this pic from Underground
      And I'll post it anyways

I love that smile on Weir's face, and that look on Shep's face. its so cute to see the both of them...Standing on a balcony side by side.

hm...they tend to stand on balconies together a lot don't they.
      ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
        Don't see Sheppard and Teyla on any balconies.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
          I haven't throught of Suspicion as a shippy epsiode. Mostly because Sheppard spends most of it so angry at the way Weir is handling it, and arguing in the defense of his teammate. I think it certainly nailed down that he was friends with Teyla and he did trust her. I can't really get my head past the friendship vibe though. I've been on and off refering to it as the Drinking Buddy vibe.

I have and do relate more to Weir than I do to anyone else in either series because she's closest to what I have done with my life and I can sympathize with her. Sam is what I wish I had done with my life, but that's a different sort of identifying thing.
          Same here, re Weir, she's a character I can really relate too. I think Sam also, I would have loved to do an Astronomy degree when I was younger! I should've, however, I'm making up for it now, 20 years late!

I'm not sure Sheppard was angry specifically at Weir, he seemed to me to channeling it at the security guy, whether that's because he couldn't get angry at Weir...

Drinking Buddy vibe, yeah that's what I would call it too.

Comment

And I'll post it anyways

I love that smile on Weir's face, and that look on Shep's face. its so cute to see the both of them...Standing on a balcony side by side.

It's a cute pic, and I really like the body language here. It's real subtle, they're not looking at each other, they both have slightly defensive postures, not quite comfortable with each other, but there is a togetherness also.

I'm just really intrigued by this vibe!!

Am I making any sense or just talking complete pants?

Comment

Originally posted by Watters87
              I agree Astro, Sheppard and Teyla seem to have a buddy buddy relationship an awful lot like Jack and Teal'c. I don't detect an underlining shipiness with Shep/Teyla. With Weir and Sheppard I do detect that shipiness. As you have said in Suspicion Shep and Weir were making a lot of eye contact. It seemed to me that they did this for longer than necessary. The thing being said in the thread 'Eye' seem to reinforce this.

Today I found three nice John/Liz fics
              http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2134129/1/
              http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2134130/1/ both by Ana Lyssie Cotton
              The third is http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2130347/1/ by johnliz4ever.
              Cool! New fic!!

Like your siggy Watters, and I tried to give you some rep but I must have been slutty with my rep tonight cos it wouldn't let me give any...

Curiously, I see more chemistry with Liz&John then I do with Jack&Sam, my shipper family will shoot me for this, but I've always been able to partly see the anti's point of view with that one...

Comment

Well in "Home'
                Spoiler:
                Teyla was sorta his drinking buddy when he was in his "apartment"

i agree I see the buddy thing going between Teyla and Shep. Especially that part about getting more
                Spoiler:
                popcorn
                in "Home."

Sometimes watching Weir and Sheppard having their talks in the conferences rooms almost make you think of a married couple talking things through.
                ~Athena

Comment

Same here, re Weir, she's a character I can really relate too. I think Sam also, I would have loved to do an Astronomy degree when I was younger! I should've, however, I'm making up for it now, 20 years late!
                  I was very close to going into being an Astronomy major, but then I saw the amount of physics it required, and i was like I'll stick to analyzing literature.
                  ~Athena

Comment

Cool! New fic!!

Like your siggy Watters, and I tried to give you some rep but I must have been slutty with my rep tonight cos it wouldn't let me give any...

Curiously, I see more chemistry with Liz&John then I do with Jack&Sam, my shipper family will shoot me for this, but I've always been able to partly see the anti's point of view with that one...
                    Oh here they come LOL lol

Personally I see them like Jack/Sam in the early of their relationship and hopefully the PTB don't screw it up much, like they did with the Jack/Sam relationship.

Comment

'kay so I was re-watching Suspicion tonight trying to work out the vibe Shep has with both Tey'la and Weir. He seems to have a kind of "matey" vibe with Teyla, lots of making faces, a bit of foolin' around, they seem quite comfortable with each other. Whereas, with Weir, (he didn't have many scenes with her), but in the Briefing Room (is that what it's called dunno), the point of view is on him, you can't see Weir, but you can tell when he's making eye contact with her, they hold eye contact for quite a while, bit of a power battle perhaps?
                      I agree about the way they seem to be really comfortable around each other, Astro. There seems to be a lot of mutual respect and trust between Sheppard and Teyla, but no romantic feelings whatsoever.

But then Teyla have, IMO, been veering all over the place as a character and I haven't quite figured her out yet.

Spoilers for Rising, Home and The Eye:

Spoiler:
                      In the first couple of scenes in Rising I saw her as a strong and capable leader of her people, but then in Home she was reduced to nothing more than eye-candy (again IMO) and frankly I had a real hard time believing that this was even the same character. Then there's the fight with Sora in The Eye where I finally thought she showed us her abilities as a warrior. I'm hoping they can keep writing the character more as The Eye - Teyla and less of the Home - Teyla. I'm not saying we shouldn't see the softer side of her too, because obviously she can't go around waiving knifes at people the entire time (), but I do feel that the writers need to keep the balance of these two sides of her more 'together'.

Don't see Sheppard and Teyla on any balconies.
                      LOL! This is true.
                      Last edited by Liv; 15 November 2004, 08:44 AM.
                      Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Oh here they come LOL lol

Personally I see them like Jack/Sam in the early of their relationship and hopefully the PTB don't screw it up much, like they did with the Jack/Sam relationship.

Scary Shippers!!!

*runs away*

Comment

And I'll post it anyways

Ooh, I like that version of it too! I like how they're not really looking at each other, but they're still comfortable.

As for the drinking buddies thing, heck yes. Sheppard would drink with Teyla and the guys. Weir he would stand on a balcony with and talk Dostoyevsky and Pushkin.

EDIT: I guess I just made Death Glider Pilot.
                          Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                          Last update: 14 April 2006
                          Melyanna's Multimedia
                          Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                            Weir he would stand on a balcony with and talk Dostoyevsky and Pushkin.
                            Of course who can resist standing on a balcony talking Dostoyevsky and Pushkin with a man like that? I'm betting Weir isn't one of those who can resist either.

Oh wait she is on a balcony with him talking...about what? I leave it up to you're imagination.
                            ~Athena

Comment

Found a John/Liz fic archive. It is small but hopefully it will grow in the coming months. Here is the link http://redcap.spiralfirepress.com/soused/

Comment

Found a John/Liz fic archive. It is small but hopefully it will grow in the coming months. Here is the link http://redcap.spiralfirepress.com/soused/
                                Ooh, thanks for the link, Watters! And have I mentioned that I love your sig? What episode(s) did the pictures of Elizabeth and John come from?
                                Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                                Last update: 14 April 2006
                                Melyanna's Multimedia
                                Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Working...
                                X