X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Melyanna
    <snip>
    Spoiler:
    Oh, absolutely. JF proved in that scene that he can do more than the subtle (and sometimes not-so-subtle) comedy which seems to have dominated his part. Anger is hard to portray without coming off as a caricature, but he did it quite well.

Spoiler:
    Oh, it was DEFINITELY that scene that was the most obvious. I'm a shipper, as most of you know by now, I'm sure, and while I did tend to read the rest of the episode as John reacting in such extremes because it was Elizabeth, it was this scene that really couldn't be contested by the logical part of my brain. The scene, though brief, was quite intense, and just really well-played by both JF and TH.
    Thanks for capping the scene, Mel! Your caps are gorgeous btw.

This scene is definitely a fine example of the talent of JF and TH for that matter. I've always been a Jack and Sam shipper (as if my sig didn't give me away lol) but the angst there has gotten to irk me a bit lately (but that discussion belongs elsewhere). The thing that I really like so far about Shep/Weir is that it feels comfortable--no angst. No regs or anything else hanging over their heads really--they are just two people far from home who may or may not become more than friends. I like it but I'm going to take a wait and see attitude. Right now, I like it like it is--subtle.
    Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
    Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
    Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

The Eye
      Spoiler:
      Finally! Someone after a tramatic event actually admits that really, no, it wasn't just peachy! I'm sorry, that's a pet peeve of mine. Though really with the look on her face it's hard to imagin her actually trying to say that she's okay.

Good for both JF and TH!

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
        The Eye
        Spoiler:
        Finally! Someone after a tramatic event actually admits that really, no, it wasn't just peachy! I'm sorry, that's a pet peeve of mine. Though really with the look on her face it's hard to imagin her actually trying to say that she's okay.

Good for both JF and TH!
        Spoiler:
        Absolutely! It was kind of a dumb question — I suspect that John meant specifically in a physical sense, to ask if she was injured — but I liked that she took it in a broader sense, because it was the broader sense that mattered. Yay for Weir!
        Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
        Last update: 14 April 2006
        Melyanna's Multimedia
        Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

I can definatly see this happen, originally i thought teyla/sheppard were supposed to have some sort of connection, but now watching it there's not much chemistry there....i see a lot of chemistry between sheppard/weir however. I dont know if its just that they dont have a deep respect for one another, too early to tell in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
            I agree, I see some chemistry there too. I just hope it doesn't get screwed up.
            Yes, hoping. Very much hoping that IF they go down that route they can pull it off and really surprise me with it. At least, as you pointed out, there are no regs so that's one thing out of the way. I like the possibility of it, because IMO they are on very even grounds and that's very important to me if the ship is to have any way of working.

As for your status as an anti-shipper...anyone who thunks for Sheppard is okay in my book!
            Heh. Why, thank you.

And isn't it possible to be a shipper in one show and an anti-shipper in another?
            Well, we'll see about that. Still too early to tell. But who knows, I just might be proof of this, yes. Like I said in the episode thread, wonders never cease.

Originally posted by Major Fischer
            The Eye SPOILERS (Highlight below to read):
            Spoiler:
            Yeah, I had much the same reaction there.

Spoiler:
            So often it's just "Really, I'm fine" when it's obvious that the opposite is true. Weir's reaction was realistic and I liked that a whole lot.
            Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Thanks for capping the scene, Mel! Your caps are gorgeous btw.

This scene is definitely a fine example of the talent of JF and TH for that matter. I've always been a Jack and Sam shipper (as if my sig didn't give me away lol) but the angst there has gotten to irk me a bit lately (but that discussion belongs elsewhere). The thing that I really like so far about Shep/Weir is that it feels comfortable--no angst. No regs or anything else hanging over their heads really--they are just two people far from home who may or may not become more than friends. I like it but I'm going to take a wait and see attitude. Right now, I like it like it is--subtle.
              I agree that it should be left nice and subtle at the moment, just slowly cooking away ie leave it alone PTB!! Learn your lesson and leave it up to the fanfic writers to fill the gaps. There doesn't need to be overt ship in a show anyway, it can just be there in the ether.

The vibe reminds me a bit of the Janeway/Chakotay vibe (although what a car crash that turned out to be!)

I definitely see more chemistry between W/S than I do between Tey'la and Sheppard, although that might be because I can't see any use for Tey'la except for modelling that rather nice top she wears and flicking her hair about. She's just the shows resident male fantasy girl at the moment, she has no depth. Weir did annoy me a bit at the beginning, and I missed Jessica Steen, but she's growing on me a bit. Someone in another thread said that Sheppard had chemistry with everyone, and I agree (except for Tey'la I just can't see anything there sorry).

I can't see the PTB going for McKay/Weir, that doesn't make sense to me. McKay isn't that sort of character, much as I totally wuv Rodney, he's the anti-hero, but it's great to see his character grow and develop, and becoming more heroic (against his better nature).

Comment

Originally posted by Liv
                Yes, hoping. Very much hoping that IF they go down that route they can pull it off and really surprise me with it. At least, as you pointed out, there are no regs so that's one thing out of the way. I like the possibility of it, because IMO they are on very even grounds and that's very important to me if the ship is to have any way of working.

Heh. Why, thank you.

Well, we'll see about that. Still too early to tell. But who knows, I just might be proof of this, yes. Like I said in the episode thread, wonders never cease.

Yeah, I had much the same reaction there.

Spoiler:
                So often it's just "Really, I'm fine" when it's obvious that the opposite is true. Weir's reaction was realistic and I liked that a whole lot.
                What's in the middle of anti-shipper and shipper? Sort-of-shipper? Depends-what-mood-I'm-in-shipper?

*scratches head*

It was good to read Mel and Liv's posts because one was a shipper, and I could see how being a shipper by nature, you tend to look for it (I know I do) and Liv not being a shipper was able to explain things Mel thought was shippy and then come up with the same conclusion. Don't want to get too serious, but that really made me realise how much I see the things I want to see, as opposed to being hit over the head with it.

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
                  What's in the middle of anti-shipper and shipper? Sort-of-shipper? Depends-what-mood-I'm-in-shipper?
                  LOL! Yeah, something like that.

Oh, I know; how about "I'm Feeling My Way Around in the Outskirts of the Possibility That There Could Be Something There, and Therefore I Am Carefully Dipping My Pinky Toe in the Big Pool of Maybe, Just Maybe it Could Appeal to Me" - shipper.

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
                  It was good to read Mel and Liv's posts because one was a shipper, and I could see how being a shipper by nature, you tend to look for it (I know I do) and Liv not being a shipper was able to explain things Mel thought was shippy and then come up with the same conclusion.
                  That's really nice to hear. I think that it's always a very good thing to get someone else's perspective on something and to get an interesting discussion out of it. I may not consider myself a shipper (dare I say 'yet'? ) but I like having the opportunity to come into this thread and talk about how we see certain scenes in a different light, whereas we may see other scenes in much the same way. It's just a lot of fun to have this discussion.
                  Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Today's shippy image, from the end of "The Eye":

Such a couples shot.
                    Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Woohoo! shippy pics!
                      ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Liv
                        LOL! Yeah, something like that.

Oh, I know; how about "I'm Feeling My Way Around in the Outskirts of the Possibility That There Could Be Something There, and Therefore I Am Carefully Dipping My Pinky Toe in the Big Pool of Maybe, Just Maybe it Could Appeal to Me" - shipper.

That's really nice to hear. I think that it's always a very good thing to get someone else's perspective on something and to get an interesting discussion out of it. I may not consider myself a shipper (dare I say 'yet'? ) but I like having the opportunity to come into this thread and talk about how we see certain scenes in a different light, whereas we may see other scenes in much the same way. It's just a lot of fun to have this discussion.
                        I'm really enjoying playing with this ship!!

Comment

Today's shippy image, from the end of "The Eye":

Such a couples shot.
                          that's real nice.

he is so gorgeous....

*slides into gutter*

Comment

Bumping with more pics from "Underground", from the scene Major Fischer referenced early in the thread.

*happy sigh*
                            Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Bumping with more pics from "Underground", from the scene Major Fischer referenced early in the thread.

*happy sigh*
                              Cool, thanks for posting Mel... hmmmm...

'kay so I was re-watching Suspicion tonight trying to work out the vibe Shep has with both Tey'la and Weir. He seems to have a kind of "matey" vibe with Teyla, lots of making faces, a bit of foolin' around, they seem quite comfortable with each other. Whereas, with Weir, (he didn't have many scenes with her), but in the Briefing Room (is that what it's called dunno), the point of view is on him, you can't see Weir, but you can tell when he's making eye contact with her, they hold eye contact for quite a while, bit of a power battle perhaps?

This is all my opinion, of course! I think what you prefer depends on what you prefer from ship, and perhaps which female character you like/identify with. I Know I identify with Weir more, she's my age, she uses her brain, I like that she's the boss... Tey'la is a bit young for me, and I've done the a$$-kickin' female bit.

Any opinions?

Comment

I agree Astro, Sheppard and Teyla seem to have a buddy buddy relationship an awful lot like Jack and Teal'c. I don't detect an underlining shipiness with Shep/Teyla. With Weir and Sheppard I do detect that shipiness. As you have said in Suspicion Shep and Weir were making a lot of eye contact. It seemed to me that they did this for longer than necessary. The thing being said in the thread 'Eye' seem to reinforce this.

Today I found three nice John/Liz fics
                                http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2134129/1/
                                http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2134130/1/ both by Ana Lyssie Cotton
                                The third is http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2130347/1/ by johnliz4ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X