Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Win Tickets to Creation's Chicago Convention!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attention Chicago area fans! Ever dreamed of meeting some of your favorite actors from Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis in person? GateWorld has teamed up with our friends at Creation Entertainment to offer one lucky winner a fantastic prize: two tickets to Creation's official Stargate convention being held in Chicago, Illinois from August 22 through August 24!

This year's guests include a rare convention appearance by Ben Browder, Michael Shanks, Lexa Doig, and Alexis Cruz from SG-1, along with David Nykl and Chuck Campbell of Atlantis.

The tickets are Weekend Preferred Passes (valued at $180 each), and will give the winner reserved seating all weekend long, complimentary autographs from several of the stars attending, admittance to the celebrity cabaret, and more.

Please note that this contest is strictly for the convention tickets, and does not include other expenses such as airfare or hotel expenses. The winner must be able to get to and from Chicago to make use of the prize -- so be sure that if you enter, you will be able to make it to the convention! For more information on the event, visit Creation's Web site.

CONTEST RULES:
    • To enter, you must be a legal resident of the United States and 18 years or older on August 15, 2008.
    • There is no purchase necessary, but to post your entry you must be a registered and e-mail validated member of GateWorld Forum. Click here to register. (If you do not receive the automatic validation e-mail within a few minutes, please check your Spam or Bulk Mail folder.) GateWorld is not responsible for lost or undelivered validation e-mails and/or your inability to post an entry by the deadline.
    • You must live within a reasonable traveling distance to Chicago, Illinois, in order to make use of your prize next week. Please do not enter if you may not be able to attend the event.
    • You must enter by Friday, August 15, 2008 at 7 p.m. Eastern time.

HOW TO ENTER:
    Just post a reply in this thread! Feel free to write anything -- why you want to go to the convention, which actor you'd most like to see, which episode of Stargate is your favorite, etc. The winner will be chosen by a random drawing.

Enter between now and Friday, August 15 for your chance to win! The winner will be randomly selected after August 15, and notified by e-mail (the e-mail address you used to register at GateWorld Forum). You must respond to this notice within 48 hours, or we'll have to pick someone else.

Keep it locked on GateWorld for our coverage of the official Chicago convention in the weeks ahead. And good luck!

It's awfully short notice, but I can drive that far for free tickets.

Comment

Huzzah!

*happy she lives in chicago area*

Comment

Follow-up: Please do not post in this thread if you are not entering.
        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I want to go to this convention so bad! I missed it for the last two years! I really want to meet Michael Shanks, I love what he made out of the 'Danielle' character.

I still have to go with "Window of opportunity" as my favorite episode, it's classic SG1!

Comment

The actor I would most like to meet is michael shanks, I would definately love to win these tickets and take my wife, we both love Stargate.

Comment

I would like to meet Ben Browder. I went to the convention in New Jersey last year and met Michael Shanks, and he was a very cool guy. I know it's rare for Ben to make appearances, and from watching interviews, I think that he and I would have a lot in common.

It is very difficult to chose a favorite because there are so many excellant stories, but my favorites are Heroes Pts 1 and 2, and Reckoning Pt 2. I love the way they tell the story in Heroes, and Reckoning Pt 2 was really well done with the Replicators in the SGC, and I think it was a great moment when O'Neill and Reynolds were blowing the heck out of the Replicators, and then they froze, and O'Neill and Reynolds just looked at eachother, then started blowing the heck out of the Replicators again. It was priceless.

Comment

I would so love to meet Ben, Michael and Lexa. I love all their works especially Lexa who kicked but on andromeda and Ben on farscape and michael who did a great job creating and growing Daniel into a great person who accomplished so much. I live in chicago and never gone to a convention before and would love to meet them in person. I love their works on SG-1 as well and Ben did a great job as Cameron.

my favorite Cam episode would have to be Collateral Damage - Ben had some tough moments in the episode as cam and played it well with mixed and strong emotions to get the real killer and the pain he endoured to find the killer with past memories that showed his past and the mistakes he made and how he became who he was.
                favorite Daniel episode is hard to choose. Michael had some great episodes and they are hard to choose. Daniel endoured so much and faced it to become a better person who also took risks and wasn't hiding behind books and he was getting in on the action.
                Carolyn Lams episode well she didnt really have a episode alone but she had some great moments with Gen Landry her father and the team.
                part of:
                Unique Bond fansite Graphics Com ShepMagan Icons

wanna sig? pm me and ill make u one

Comment

Huzzah!

*will travel to Chicago if the tickets fall into my reaching hand*

Uber Hax does Stargate (YTMND)

Comment

Well I would for sure love to meet Michael Shanks, he has always been my favorite character in the show. Chicago is not to far away from me and I would for sure drive for these tickets. This would defiantly be the some of the best days of my summer break from college.

Comment

that would be so awesome.wuhu

Comment

Heck I'd love to win preferred seating to the con, am totally entering!!!

"Oh honey you just can't seem to walk into a room quietly can you?" -Michael Shanks Chicago Con 08

The Universe is Mad
                        Photobucket

Comment

I want to see Ben Browder!!! Was planning on just general admission because of the flight costs but would love to be closer!! Action figure has had a photo op with Michael Shanks and needs one with Lexa Doig

angie
                          Ben Browder : blowin up things and kissin that's what we call Drahma !

Comment

How awesome would this be?!? Free tickets...and I never mind going to Chicago.

Comment

I am in the Chicago area and would love to go.

Comment

Working...
                              X