how many other ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how many other ships

In the begging of the episode when they were in the jumper Teyla said "Prehaps its the Apollo or one of the other ship's" wich indicates that there might be some other ships besides the Deadlaus and the Apollo. This leads me to belive that we might see a more ships. I know the first response will be yea ofcoure the Phenox dumbass. But Teyla used ships in the ploural context so there might be a new class of ship thats eisier to build or there might just be alot more ships i think a big fleet would be cool.
    sigpic

The Odyssey is still around as far as i know. MAYBE the Phoenix has been built as well.

Comment

The Phoenix is according to Joe being build. However it does not appear in season 5, probably because it isn't ready. The Odyssey is the ship mentioned by Sheppard.

Comment

Originally posted by Piranha View Post
        The Odyssey is still around as far as i know. MAYBE the Phoenix has been built as well.

thats what i thought, plus how would Teyla know what ships the sgc have esp as the midway station is gone and coms with earth are once again restricted, she might just assume we have more ships, or maybe it was just wishful thinking

Comment

Originally posted by perkin127 View Post
          thats what i thought, plus how would Teyla know what ships the sgc have esp as the midway station is gone and coms with earth are once again restricted, she might just assume we have more ships, or maybe it was just wishful thinking
          Midway might be gone, but the Odyssey visited the Pegasus galaxy during 'The Pegasus Project' so there would be no reason for Teyla not to know about it.
          Not to mention after being with Expedition for 5 years she would have eventually been told the extent of our fleet and how hopeless it is to fight the Wraith head-on despite having superior technology.

Comment

I think it would be cool to see more ships come in to the show and for Atlantis to have a fleet. And on how Teyla would know the extent of our fleet Major Marx was teaching her the Daedalus's systems so for all we know he told her him self
            sigpic

Comment

That's my guess as well, that Marks told her about some ships that are close to being ready to go. It takes about nine months to build a Daedelus-class ship, so we could have at least one more ready to go by the time the episode takes place.
              It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
              --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

Well all i know is that currently the Tau'ri have built 4 Daedalus class ships and a 5th one presumed under construction.

The Daedalus
                The Apollo
                The Odyssey
                The Korolev which is presumed destroyed in the battle of P3Y-229
                and The Phoenix a 5th ship being built, hinted in the alternative timeline.

Comment

Hi

I mostly lurking around so hello everybody

Im not sure which episode but i remeber a converssation between sheppard and weir on how earth has 7 ships

Comment

Originally posted by johndo22 View Post
                    Hi

I mostly lurking around so hello everybody

Im not sure which episode but i remeber a converssation between sheppard and weir on how earth has 7 ships
                    No you don't.

Comment

The mention by an above poster of the Korolev got me thinking. I wonder if the Russians built any more ships. It would seem like a bad idea to just give up on making more ships simply because the first one was destroyed.

Comment

The Korolev was given to the Russians by the US; they didn't make it.

Comment

Working...
                        X