Alternate Ship Colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternate Ship Colors

Otay so in our universe, Prometheus is white, Daedalus is green, Odyssey is orange, Korolev is purple, Apollo is blue, and Phoenix is most likely red. So in "The Daedalus Variations" when McKay got the power back online, Daedalus' color was orange. I knew right away of course it was parallel reality but i wonder what colors the other ships were in that universe
    There is nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself. You can't remake the past, so look ahead...or risk being left behind

I wonder if perhaps they used all the same colors in the same order. Meaning there would be another ship built before the Daedalus and after the Prometheus (a 303 perhaps). It's a long shot, but an interesting concept, I think.
    Last edited by Xaeden; 07 August 2008, 01:08 PM.

Comment

I already posted about this last week. It's not the same orange as the Odyssey though, it's more of a darker orange and the Odyssey has some yellow mixed in as well.

Vala,

Comment

the ships are only different colours because they have to use the same set for each ship so they change the colour to differenciate between the ships. If they make too many f-303s their going to run out of colours!

Comment

Originally posted by perkin127 View Post
          the ships are only different colours because they have to use the same set for each ship so they change the colour to differenciate between the ships. If they make too many f-303s their going to run out of colours!
          the are loads of colours randomly left that they havn't used
          sigpic
          [[[[[Dr Keller]][[For Ever]]]]]

Comment

yeah but not many that will make the ships stand out as different, once youve used the primary and secondry colours then theres only really shades, i jusy wish they would maybe reinvent the ships a little i mean weve got so much more tech thatn when we first built the promethues, esp now with the ancient designs and the whole of the asguard core, plus we know so much more. if they had found a way to recreate the asguard core then the other sga1 wouldnt have died from lack of supplies

Comment

if they had found a way to recreate the asguard core then the other sga1 wouldnt have died from lack of supplies
              It would also put Asgard knowledge in a greater risk of being stolen by the enemy. You can't just have every ship running around into battle situations will all of their knowledge. Eventually one is going to get boarded/captured and you're going to be in a whole lot of trouble when your enemies make off with it. It's bad enough that capturing an Earth ship means the possibility of being able to reverse engineer the Asgard weapons, beams, the hyperdrive, and so on. You don't want to give them detailed instructions about it and everything else the Asgard ever discovered to boot.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
                It would also put Asgard knowledge in a greater risk of being stolen by the enemy. You can't just have every ship running around into battle situations will all of their knowledge. Eventually one is going to get boarded/captured and you're going to be in a whole lot of trouble when your enemies make off with it. It's bad enough that capturing an Earth ship means the possibility of being able to reverse engineer the Asgard weapons, beams, the hyperdrive, and so on. You don't want to give them detailed instructions about it and everything else the Asgard ever discovered to boot.
                thats a fair point but in the end whats the point of having all the asguard tech if u never use it, i mean how crap would it be if we got destroyed or boarded etc when the presence of the new tech could have prevented it from happening, its a fine line.

Comment

thats a fair point but in the end whats the point of having all the asguard tech if u never use it, i mean how crap would it be if we got destroyed or boarded etc when the presence of the new tech could have prevented it from happening, its a fine line.
                  I agree with you to a point. Having all of the Asgard knowledge on a ship makes little sense and would be reckless at best, but having their technology isn't. It's what self-destruct mechanisms are for.

If an Earth ship was crippled and boarded, it would not be hard to scuttle it and leave nothing for the enemy to salvage.

Comment

The ships have different colours? What part of them? Its something I have never noticed before. <On to 'Camelot' to view the two ships> nm, i found out. The things on the bridge.

Comment

map in the back. besides, it would be cool to have a silver white 304.

Comment

What colors you speak? If you ask me, allship are grey. >
                        Asgard in memoriam

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis- View Post
                          What colors you speak? If you ask me, allship are grey. >
                          Lol, same here!!

I'm reading this thread going "Colors? What colors!"

Now I must go watch to find out... oh damn, that's right... the DVDs are all back at my parents house. That's what sucks about moving out, you have to say good-bye to the family's collection of stargate

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

The colours of the stellar charts on the bridge.
                            Spoiler:

Notice any differences?
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Thanks!

I can't believe I never noticed that before. Cool!

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

Working...
                              X