This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis season 4 just released in uk disc problems

Hi atlantis season 4 was just released in the uk, im having problems with disc 3, for some reason i miss the first 10 mins of the 11th ep? be all my sins remembered i think its called, the disc cuts straight from the last ep (ep 10) to a few scenes in on the new ep as if theres a problem with that point on the disc

anyone else having a similar problem?

cheers

I haven't tried yet.

Comment

Originally posted by crompton20 View Post
      Hi atlantis season 4 was just released in the uk, im having problems with disc 3, for some reason i miss the first 10 mins of the 11th ep? be all my sins remembered i think its called, the disc cuts straight from the last ep (ep 10) to a few scenes in on the new ep as if theres a problem with that point on the disc

anyone else having a similar problem?

cheers
      I would suggest e-mailing some higher up people about it and possibly getting it replaced. It is most likely a recording error on the disk, when you put the show on the disk sometimes there are errors the burner doesn't care about and it just goes on. Most of the time it is barely noticeable.
      sigpic

Comment

I didn't get a problem on that episode, but did on the episode Outcast. It seemed to skip the end credits of harmony right into the episode. Wish it was easier to get it replaced, short of re-buying it I can't see how else to.

Comment

yeh thats the same problem i had it went straight from end credits of the first part into about 10 mins of the next ep

i might try emailing them ............ not sure who though lol

Comment

I also bought the Uk version through Amazon and I do not have the same problems. All the discs work fine. I suggest you contact the store/service and ask to replace your box.

If what you're describe is a "jump" in the disc reading, the problem might be your dvd player, not necessarely meaning that your equipment isn't good. Mydvd player is a bit picky and if the "recording" of the disc isn't very good, it just refuses to read it, or, it jumps parts of it.

The thing I found odd was that the Episode "Midway" didn't have a commentary. Any particular reason for that?
            sigpic
            Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
            Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

When there is problems like this I usually make an .ISO backup of the dvd on my computer and run it from the hard drive. If the problem persists then I know it's the data and not the dvd player/disc.

Try another dvd player. Also (You've probably tried) but select a scene ahead and just rewind, that sometimes works.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X