This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Goes to the Big Screen

Okay, if there ever was a theatrical Stargate film in the future, what would you like it to be about? Just wondering.
    Jack: Good morning campers!

The Answer To 1984 Is 1776!

I would go to it but probably be one of the only ones at the theater. Where I live people are very close minded, if it doesn't involve shooting or talking animals no one goes to see it.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by padr49904 View Post
      I would go to it but probably be one of the only ones at the theater. Where I live people are very close minded, if it doesn't involve shooting or talking animals no one goes to see it.
      stargate involves a lot of shooting

Comment

Originally posted by Xylian View Post
        Okay, if there ever was a theatrical Stargate film in the future, what would you like it to be about? Just wondering.
        I hope they don't do it. I like the past two movies, but even with bigger budgets they would've bombed in theaters. This way they exceed expectations as arguably the most successful DVD franchise in history, where in theaters they would disappoint.

While guys like RDA, Beau & DeVane could carry a movie star-power-wise, the plots are too reliant on established continuity, and would be meaningless to non-fans. Seeing Baal fall, the Replicators return or the Priors convert are only impressive to people who know their histories. Unless movie #3 is radically differently written, the same will apply.
        sigpic
        "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
        ~David Hewlett

Comment

IF a Stargate SG-1 movie would go big... it's main problem would be that it'd have to find a way to stand on its own. Without any lingering effects. Its the same reason why certain people didn't like Serenity... it felt like to some people that they were missing something.

Comment

If Stargate ever went to the big screen(which I'm hoping SG-1 will) it would have to start a new story arc.

Comment

I want a continuation of the original Stargate movie with Kurt Russell and James Spader

Comment

I'd rather have them make a bunch of these DVD movies and keep the franchise alive then have them blow their wad on a larger budget theatrical offering and have the franchise die. Firefly and the X-Files both have a lot of story left to tell, but they probably won't get to do it, and their budgets were pretty modest by hollywood standards.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                  I'd rather have them make a bunch of these DVD movies and keep the franchise alive then have them blow their wad on a larger budget theatrical offering and have the franchise die. Firefly and the X-Files both have a lot of story left to tell, but they probably won't get to do it, and their budgets were pretty modest by hollywood standards.
                  Ditto. Keep it on as long as possible. I'm all for a theatrical release, but if it destroys the franchise, then I'd rather not have it.
                  Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

Jack as a general in a big war movie!

Comment

Originally posted by Xylian View Post
                      Simple-- seeing Amanda/Sam on the big screen

Comment

I think it'd be very interesting to see a continuation of the original stargate films.... but I'd also like to see more DVD movies. I was somewhat disappointed with continuum but I'd also like to see more movies for the sake of keeping it alive, life without SG-1 is not life at all lol Am I right?

Comment

Well in all honesty I was really dissapointed in both movies but moreso with Continum. I thought the old plot of messing with the timeline was done to death. Hate to say it but glad they ended SG-1 season 10.

They were going downhill since RDA left. I continued to watch cause I was a diehard fan of the series, but felt very let down in the end. If they do another movie I won't waste my time or money on it.

There really were much better options for the last movie than the route it went. At least SGA is still holding strong with good episodes.

They left out to many key characters that should and deserved to have been in it. I mean no Bra, Tac? come on man that is like no Daniel Jackson or Tealq. Bra, Tac earned his place. So IMHO I was very dissapointed in what I watched.

Comment

Stargate: Hunt for the Furlings (or maybe something like Furling Hunting Season)

Comment

I don't think that would be a good idea, as cool as I thought it would be when I gave it thought myself, a while ago.

If there will be a movie on the big screen, it would be as much as a familiar StarGate movie as Ark and Continuum.

First of all: Making it will cost millions and millions more. It should be appealing for a much, much broader audience, and that brings me to my second point: After 11 years, 2 series and 3 movies we got a mythologie, a franchise of which we want to see more. At leasts some mentioning to or even appearances of old characters, unfinished storylines, ect. That would be way to confusing for the 'new' audience (or as Wright likes to call these younger people; 'the next generation')

So we'd get a whole new, or a shallow SG-1 or Atlantis (or crossover) movie...

You see my point?

Comment

Working...
                              X