This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Region 2 Stargate Atlantis Season 4 DVD Exclusive Classified Area

This is a question to everyone who's been buying the individual "Stargate Atlantis: Season 4" DVDs.

As you're probably aware, like previous years there's been exclusive online content you can get access to by using the glyphs printed inside the covers of the DVDs. These allow you access to a "Restricted Area" full of wallpapers, screensavers, IM display pics, competitions etc. You may also be aware that at the end of the season, there's an additional area you should also have access to, called the "Classified Area" if you've bought the whole season. This you get access to using the Red Glyphs printed on the cover.

However, I've just been on the site and there's nothing there for you to gain access to the "Classified Area", despite all 5 volumes now being out. The site has definitely been updated for the latest volume, because it's got stuff about the latest volume and you gain access using the glyphs from Volume 5. There's just nothing to click on to gain access to the extra section.

Can anyone help?
    sigpic

I had a look on the site earlier and all you have to do is click on "Classified Area" on the left which brings up a small box on the right of the screen. In the small box is a link ("Continue") that takes you to a page that allows you to enter the glyphs.

Hope that helps.
    "Grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change;
    the courage to change the things I can;
    and the wisdom to know the difference"

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate_Fan View Post
      I had a look on the site earlier and all you have to do is click on "Classified Area" on the left which brings up a small box on the right of the screen. In the small box is a link ("Continue") that takes you to a page that allows you to enter the glyphs.

Hope that helps.
      Thanks for that. It looks like they've updated the site and removed the link to the "Restricted Section".
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by John W View Post
        This is a question to everyone who's been buying the individual "Stargate Atlantis: Season 4" DVDs.
        Is this only on the individual discs or can you find it in the box sets too?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by queen_hathor View Post
          Is this only on the individual discs or can you find it in the box sets too?
          It's usually just for people buying the individual volumes. Basically, the scheme works by you having a "Decoder Card" inside the first volume, which has a series of numbers for each volume in the series. Printed on the back of the DVD insert is a series of gate glyphs, all of which are numbered.

So, you have to pick the right glyphs in the right order. For example, the card might say for Volume 1: "4,2,3." The glyphs for those could be "Earth, Pegasus, Pisces." You then go onto the website's "Restricted Area" where there's a graphic of the gate, which you have to turn and enter each of the correct glyphs. If you've entered them correctly, you'll get in.

Anyway, as I said in my last post, the Restricted Section has now been replaced by the "Classified Section". I'm guessing this is because the Season 4 boxset is now out. So, if you went out and bought any of the individual volumes now then you won't be able to get access to the "Restricted Section", only the "Classified Section" and then only if you buy each individual volume. I'm guessing that neither the Decoder Card nor the glyphs are in the boxset.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by John W View Post
            It's usually just for people buying the individual volumes. Basically, the scheme works by you having a "Decoder Card" inside the first volume, which has a series of numbers for each volume in the series. Printed on the back of the DVD insert is a series of gate glyphs, all of which are numbered.

So, you have to pick the right glyphs in the right order. For example, the card might say for Volume 1: "4,2,3." The glyphs for those could be "Earth, Pegasus, Pisces." You then go onto the website's "Restricted Area" where there's a graphic of the gate, which you have to turn and enter each of the correct glyphs. If you've entered them correctly, you'll get in.

Anyway, as I said in my last post, the Restricted Section has now been replaced by the "Classified Section". I'm guessing this is because the Season 4 boxset is now out. So, if you went out and bought any of the individual volumes now then you won't be able to get access to the "Restricted Section", only the "Classified Section" and then only if you buy each individual volume. I'm guessing that neither the Decoder Card nor the glyphs are in the boxset.
            Ah right ok. I've always just bought the box sets tbh cos it's cheaper lol. Oh well, I'll know in future!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X