This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goa'uld Language Translation

Does anyone out there know if there is an official Goa'uld Language hand book? If you do can you either give me a link here or send it to me at [email protected]

Well youcan always google it...http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...27uld+Language

Comment

There is no official book that I know of but there are quite a few websites with Goa'uld-English Dictionaries.
      Bit of self-promotion here
      http://www.angelfire.com/space2/4eva...ck/goauld.html

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

I don't think it's been fully explained so you only get small phrases and various words that have been translated. Shame really.....be pretty cool to speak in an alien language. Though you would look like a bit of a weirdo if went down the street speaking Goa'uld.....
        "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

nuh uh!
          i speak klingon when going down the street! people dont think i a wierdo...right?
          i just want to speak one more language so i can get into college because they say they want at least 2 languages besides english...

Comment

lol!
            I'd love to be able to speak goa'uld or Ancient(if I could learn Latin that wouold be close enough) but sadly we only know various words and phrases in goa'uld not really enough to speak it properly

You never know though, they have been bringing out alot of new stargate books recently so maybe they will bring out a full goa'uld one soon. *crosses fingers*

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Originally posted by styptic
              nuh uh!
              i speak klingon when going down the street! people dont think i a wierdo...right?
              i just want to speak one more language so i can get into college because they say they want at least 2 languages besides english...
              I don't think any self-respecting college is going to accept Klingon and Goa'uld as your two languages

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                I don't think any self-respecting college is going to accept Klingon and Goa'uld as your two languages
                With all due respect, you can get into several university's around here by having a recognised qualification in Elvish, or any other Tolkein language... sad, but true

Comment

Just out of curisosity, does anyone here have any spasms where they use a Goa'uld or Ancient (or other stargate language) term?

For example:
                  I've been known to yell 'Kree' at my locker when it jams.

And last Thursday, my American Cultures teacher asked this kid behind me where his homework was, and he replied "Proklarush Taonas".

Anybody have any incidents like these?
                  Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                  Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                  Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                  Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                  Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                  Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                  Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Originally posted by SGSlugger
                    Just out of curisosity, does anyone here have any spasms where they use a Goa'uld or Ancient (or other stargate language) term?

For example:
                    I've been known to yell 'Kree' at my locker when it jams.

And last Thursday, my American Cultures teacher asked this kid behind me where his homework was, and he replied "Proklarush Taonas".

Anybody have any incidents like these?
                    Yup, I taught my dog "kree" instead of "heal"... I have Goa'uld torrets...

... I also told my girlfriend "Paltiem shree talma" (our love does not end in death) less than an hour ago

Comment

I've been known to talk Klingon, several Elvish languages, Latin, Old English and Ancient Egyptian sometimes...and I don't think I'm weird. Although my students do...
                      I'm sometimes worried that I know more dead than living languages (see above)

I'm teaching a class on English language history at the moment, and confused everyone when I started making references to Ancient Egyptian.

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
                      Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
                      ~CELLO!~
                      ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

Nothing wrong with any of those languages... Just need to teach your kids "kree" and you'll be fine ^_^

Comment

For Goa'uld translations, there are really quite a few places to look...
                          Try the Lexicon at www.rdanderson.com
                          or
                          Phrasebook
                          or
                          dictionary
                          Nmom
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KokiriChild
                            Nothing wrong with any of those languages... Just need to teach your kids "kree" and you'll be fine ^_^
                            I should probably try that as the first word they hear from me every week...maybe THAT'll make them listen

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
                            Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
                            ~CELLO!~
                            ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

This question seems to pop up roughly every 2 or 3 weeks, in fact I started a similar thread!

As far as I can find, there is no definitive translation, but the links posted on this thread give good pointers.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X