Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
    ~CELLO!~
    ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

kree = Yoo-hoo

Comment

Originally posted by KokiriChild
        kree = Yoo-hoo
        ...and about half a million other things as well....heck, I wouldn't need to teach *anything* anymore!

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
        ~CELLO!~

Comment

Originally posted by Iskandra
          ...and about half a million other things as well....heck, I wouldn't need to teach *anything* anymore!
          Yeah, just tell them that the answer to every question is "Examiner, kree"

Comment

Speaking of teaching alien languages, did anyone hear about the couple who had their son taken away because apparently, when the child went to school, they knew next to nothing in the english language, but was able to fluently speak Klingon?
            Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Originally posted by Andy867
              Speaking of teaching alien languages, did anyone hear about the couple who had their son taken away because apparently, when the child went to school, they knew next to nothing in the english language, but was able to fluently speak Klingon?
              Since when were you not allowed to raise your child to speak a foreign language?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy867
                That can't be true! Can it?

Comment

SGSlugger....i do speak goauld when i start to get mad...ESPECIALLY my locker...because it doesnt close and u have to slam it reel hard...and i too taught my oned eye dog buddy "kree"
                  and uh...kokoirichild...i do speak elvish now, sindiarian, of course...
                  and i was talkin to my buddy who is goin to georga tech...he tried to put klingon in his application...
                  which reminds me...i got into a big argument with his little brother because he said he had a book that taught him to speak "klingese" and i got mad saying that it was "klingon" and he said that it cant be because you dont use the same word as your race...idiot...
                  anyhoo.......................................................................... ...................
                  i am off to play SOCOM II online...

Comment

I am English and I speak English, so you can be the same race as your language

Comment

I am English and I speak English, so you can be the same race as your language
                      There are a lot of people that are the same as their language. Except us Americans of course..... Maybe we should call our English "Anglish", since it's different from English English?
                      Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                      Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                      Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                      Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                      Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                      Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                      Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

No, trust me, you deffinately speak America. *prepares to be flamed* The Canadians and the Australians speak better 'English' than the Americans

Comment

Originally posted by SGSlugger
                          There are a lot of people that are the same as their language. Except us Americans of course..... Maybe we should call our English "Anglish", since it's different from English English?
                          Yeah, like me...German...and, surpirse....German

Nevertheless, there once was a language called Anglian (and not Anglican, like some of my students thought...not before that Henry VIII guy ), and it was one of the main dialects of Old English...meaning there was not yet something like the US (at around 550 CE (or AD, if you prefer that).

And it comes from a people called the Angles...from a place called Angeln (which, in modern German, means fishing...fishing, anyone? Ideal Jack dialect? ) in Germany. So it's the Germans' fault that the Klingons...no, the Goa'uld...er...I digress.

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
                          ~CELLO!~

Comment

No, trust me, you deffinately speak America. *prepares to be flamed* The Canadians and the Australians speak better 'English' than the Americans
                            No flaming required. Actually, we would speak "American" not America...and we would spell definitely better. Canadians and Australians speak a closer version of English to the mother country probably because of longer-lasting ties. Since the U.S. broke away more than 200 years ago, there is bound to be greater lingual shifts.
                            Nmom
                            sigpic

Comment

Learning to speak any language shows a good sign of intelligence.

Learning to speak a language not commonly taught (Elvish, Goa'uld, Klingon, etc.) shows an even greater understanding and intelligence. I don't see why any college would not accept it--sure, it's not very common and it might not help you all too well in the career world (unless you wanted to go into movie making, or something of the sort, or if your major was Linguistics), but it does show you have a knack for self-teaching (which is another good sign of intelligence).

However I know how stupid and closed some people can be, so it wouldn't surprise me at all.
                              Vae Victus - Livy

Comment

Canadians also speak French (hey...there's another)....

I've always found it interesting to see how languages evolve over time. It would have been interesting to see where Latin would have gone on its own besides 'mutating' into bases of other languages.
                                Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                                Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                                Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                                Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                                Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                                Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                                Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Working...
                                X