No announcement yet.

The Gift (118)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got dinged for my comment and there wasn't any signature.

Now anyone who said something against what I said gets dinged.

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
      I got dinged for my comment and there wasn't any signature.

Now anyone who said something against what I said gets dinged.
      But if you ding the wrong person, you'll probably get dinged again.

Comment

Not my problem. I have points to sprare.

Comment

Got to see "The Gift" today. Finished it about 5 minutes ago.
          Things I Liked:
          1. Very Teyla-centric. I think having at least one episode in mind to develop a character is good.
          2. I was in shock when the Wraith took over Teyla. I was just, Wow!
          3. The whole Teyla being able to hear and see the Wraith was really cool. Kinda made me shudder when it started to feed on the guy though.
          4. Dr. Kate Heightenmeyer (sp). I liked her. Really good acting to me and she really portrayed the character well, but she used some big words.

Things I Didn't Like:
          1. Pegasus Alpha Site location is revealed to the Wraith. Can anyone else say SG-1! (Jonas and the Alpha Site)
          2. THE CHAIR! They wait until the eighteenth episode to mention they have one! Even if the power doesn't work, I still want to know they have one. And what other "defense technologies" have they found??
          3. The whole "Ancients accidentally created the Wraith" was a little disturbing.
          4. Teyla attacking Atlantis personnel. Kinda different. But Bates and the Wraith stun gun was cool.

Good Quotes/Moments:
          1. Rodney in the briefing with the team about crying themselves to sleep. Pretty funny.
          2. Teyla being able to go right through the wall! And then the dream right after with her and Dr. Heightenmeyer.
          3. Opening scene was just awesome!

All in all, I give "The Gift" a 8/10 , not as good as "Letters to Pegasus", but around the same as "The Storm/The Eye" and "Rising 1 and 2". Still doesn't beat "Before I Sleep" though.

Next Week: "THE SIEGE, PART 1" The countdown begins!!

Comment

This episode was a lot better than i thought. usually an episode that falls right before a large season finale, suffers from budget depletion. However this was a pretty good one.

That doctor chick was hot. They have had a lot of attractive women on this show so far...
            Lt. Ford to Dr Zelenka: "Is this some sort of payback for me beating up guys like you in high school?"
            - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Hot Zone

Dr. Beckett: "...Mom...I miss you terribly...*breaks down*...I can't do this!"
            - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Letters from Pegasus

Sen. Kinsey: "Do you trust this man?"
            Col. Jack O'Neill: "...No..."
            Mayboune: *shrugs*
            - Stargate SG-1 - Chain Reaction

Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis I love science fiction

Comment

Have any of you ever seen "The Time Machine", the new 1? Now that the Wraith are part human, they remind me of the evolved humans that hunted the normal humans. Kinda lame.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Seven
                Alright besides that this was a great storyline we got some good moments.

1. Ford making fun of McKay, but being told to stop by Shepperd. In which Ford responds something like, "So it's alright if you guys make fun of me?"

2. Bates being the stone faced soldier he is puts the possessed Teyla down without hesitation.

3. McKay forgetting which way he's going after Teyla finds out he's dating the shrink.

4. That ******* in the pony tail trying to upstage Weir again. I swear, I want to see either Shepperd or Ford deck him before the Season is out.

As for the origins of the Wraith and Teyla's powers, that was very well done. A lot of exposition, but it beats flashing back.

I'm starting to think that the Wraith are not the threat the Ancients spoke of. I think they were created by the threat, spliced using human DNA and that of those bugs....
                Ugh! No more bugs! There are only so many CGI bugs a franchise can take!

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                  How did they manage to reach a level of technology that was able to defeat the 50 Million years old Ancients?
                  I think the Ancients are only a few million years old, So I doubt they have been around for that long a time...

How did the Ancients manage to not detect the Wraith while they were: Building their vast armada, reproducing like bunnies among other things.
                  Two theories on this... Over the course a few million years development, the Ancients either didn't interfere with ANYTHING or if Pegasus was considered a "science experiment" they wanted to see what happens when the bug creatures and humans combined... I'm leaning towards the latter...

It's unlikely that a race that built a transportation network in two galaxies forgot how to monitor their own science project with the help of observer drones.
                  Explained above...

This episode in my opinion, actually cleared up the timeline for me... The great war started 10,000 years ago, and it's established that the Wraith had evolved from a blend between human and Wraith Bug DNA, that evolution would have taken several million years, so it does fill in the blanks between the arrival of the Ancients in Pegasus and the start of the Wraith offensive... The Wraith would have been slowly evolving and advancing themselves to a point where they could take on the Ancients...

Oh... and this episode was good, The Seige is going to rock!
                  "I'm thinking of nice turkey sandwich..."

Comment

I loved this episode. I guess I am one of the few who didn't really like LFP all that much. Don't take my words the wrong way, as I have adored every episode so far, but LFP ranked rather lowly compared to several other episodes.

I was happy to see Teyla get some character development. I've never really felt one way or the other about her simply because she wasn't really there...now she is much more so. I like her bolder side.

As a biologist I actually didn't find the bug + human = wraith evolution theory all that crazy. It seems reasonably possible, and I find it a very fascinating concept. And I got all happy for Beckett, for being most likely right about his hunch.

I enjoy episodes where we learn alot about the wraith and ancient history tremendously. I can't wait for more of this soon!

Comment

Hello everyone,

The only way i can see this episode making sense is if the ancients left the galaxy and then returned. Otherwise why would the wraith have been asleep, unless they wiped out all their food source and needed it to be replenished. I dont think that would have been allowed to happen, after watching sanctuary.

Also, why would the wriath just let Taylas ancestors go and breed instead of just killing them if they posed sucha threat.

Comment

There are two possibilities of Wraith Origin:
                        1. Wraith were purposely created by Ancients
                        2. Wraith were accidently created by Ancients

Scenario 1:
                        Remember Blade 2 people? That is the only way, in my opinion, SGA can redeem itself. In Blade 2, Nomak was the "prodigal son" of the vampire guy. If the Wraith can be played along as "children of Ancients", it would be extremely cool.

Imagine Scene (very much like Blade 2):

First Wraith: Your prodigal son has returned...
                        Ancient Scientist: Impossible. I have no relationships with you. You are merely a creation.
                        First Wraith: Father, why do you defy me?
                        Ancient Scientist: *Tries to Disable Wraith* *Wraith easily evades all forms of defence*
                        First Wraith: *reluctantly, species instinct takes over and he begins to feed upon his creator while probing his mind for technology information*

He runs off into the wilderness and his species somehow continue w/o Ancients.

This way, the other Ancients wouldnt know of the Wraith. The Wraith can match their technology as well.

Scenario 2:
                        Ancients accidently create a reaction in which a predatorial form of the Wraith is created between Bug & Human. The Predator Wraith begins to evolve into a Sophisticated Wraith, that without surveillence, grows and thrives as a predator. The Ancients, by this time have left the Pegasus for the first time. The Wraith strike out with an organic type technology that becomes undetected by the Ancients. The Wraith fall asleep after a culling. The Ancients arrive back in the Pegasus and accidently find the Wraith. (Ancients upgrade detection) The Wraith attack them and eventually win.

I like both Scenarios. The First seems much more cooler. *crosses fingers*

Comment

Alright so far, what have we got:

- Teyla is half a Wraith
                          - Sheppard is half Ancient (well ancient gene)
                          - Ford is going to be a supersoldier

What is going to happen to the rest?

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate Agent
                            That doctor chick was hot. They have had a lot of attractive women on this show so far...
                            It's part of the job description of going to Atlantis:

-Explore uncharted areas of the Pegasus Galaxy
                            -Fascinate with unknown Ancient technology
                            -Meet exotic women
                            -Go where mankind (of Earth) has never gone before
                            -Meet exotic women

Comment

well can i say about this ep well it was good the thing with teyla and the wraith but.

THERE IS ALWAYS A BUT. The conversation about the wraith's creation dont fit the plot on episode 1 is clear that the wraith was there as they are now here is wat the lady hologram said :"Then one day our people step foot on a dark world where a terrible enemy slept. Never before had we encountered beings with powers that rivaled our own"
                              saying that this enemy was already there as it is

Comment

Originally posted by 9-Chevron
                                THERE IS ALWAYS A BUT. The conversation about the wraith's creation dont fit the plot on episode 1 is clear that the wraith was there as they are now here is wat the lady hologram said :"Then one day our people step foot on a dark world where a terrible enemy slept. Never before had we encountered beings with powers that rivaled our own"
                                saying that this enemy was already there as it is
                                The Ancients could have lied... to cover their own asses cause they screwed up?
                                "I'm thinking of nice turkey sandwich..."

Comment

Working...
                                X