Letters From Pegasus (117)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by corey2002
    whati found kind of stupid was that Rodney spent an entire scene talking about how if the message works then atlantis might not have power and the generators might break down or whatever and then when they finally send the thing, TPTB dont even let us know wether or not they have power (or whatever)
    the ep just ends(with AT saying "its from pegasus"-nothing more..... )
    Wrong!

She said, "It's from Atlantis!"

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

there-i changed it
      MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
      I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

I got so caught up in writing the summary I forgot to say what I thought about the episode.

I thought it was pretty good.

My mom was complaining about Teyla's wig lol.

I don't really like clip episodes, but this wasn't too bad. Rodney was hilarious. That scientist that was talking about Rodney was hilarious. Talking about how he's all brave and it switched over to a scene where Rodney jumps up, "Ow! Cramp! Cramp!"

And Rodney complaining about a sandwich (being very rude) lol.

Beckett was funny too. "I wish I wasn't here!"

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
        Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
          I got so caught up in writing the summary I forgot to say what I thought about the episode.

I thought it was pretty good.

My mom was complaining about Teyla's wig lol.

I don't really like clip episodes, but this wasn't too bad. Rodney was hilarious. That scientist that was talking about Rodney was hilarious. Talking about how he's all brave and it switched over to a scene where Rodney jumps up, "Ow! Cramp! Cramp!"

And Rodney complaining about a sandwich (being very rude) lol.

Beckett was funny too. "I wish I wasn't here!"
          Wish I wasn't BLOODY here.

And I don't care what people say about Rodney: I LOVE HIM SO MUCH OMG.

|| McKay: Do you know how much I hate certain death? ||
          || Beckett: I'm a doctor, not a bloody fighter-pilot! ||
          || Sheppard: Don't take on an alien armada single-handedly... Understood. ||

Comment

Zelenka (?sp?) and the security clearence thing-lol
            MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
            I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

Originally posted by corey2002
              all in all the ep was cool but it was a bit slow-it was a clip/recapping/whatever "Politics" was kind of ep. it was still cool though
              No need for spoiler tags in this thread, as long as the info is about this episode.

IMO, the clips were fairly innocuous, the difference probably being the voiceovers from various characters as the clips were playing. We still got a significant chunk of new material, so much that it didn't feel like the typical clip show. A lot better than "Politics".
              To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

Originally posted by Brendan
                I give this episode 2 out of 4. I hate flashback episodes. HATE THEM!! They're filler that's all they are. The stuff Rodney videotaped was pretty funny and the one part where Weir is talking and they play the Atlantis theme with a montage was nice but again, I hate flashback episodes.
                As a clip show, I rate it 4/4 -- best clip show I've seen. As a stand-alone ep, I'd still rate it 3/4, the only real negative being I thought the episode ended too quickly. I would have loved to see more of that new Wraith beam or closer encounters with the armada. Also would have liked to see more at the SGC end, receiving the transmission.

Originally posted by Brendan
                Oh well. I'm glad they got a letter home and I was a bit annoyed that all Amanda Tappings cameo was was just her sitting down and saying one line. Lame.
                Yeah, I would have liked to have seen more of AT too, but that's the definition of "cameo".

We should be more annoyed at the producers for leading us on by listing her name first amongst the episode guest stars, even ahead of Paul McGillion and he's practically a regular cast member!
                To Infinity And Beyond!

Comment

I really loved this episode. Both for it's emotions and story, as well as SFX.

As I love the Wraith. The first, and only, race so far that knows how you really fight in space. A mothership with 100s of Darts and a few smaller support ships. No wonder the Ancients lost the war, they are fighting a race 100% dedicated to warfare.

Comment

Finally, we get to see evidence of Wraith Tech in action...that they've mastered hyperdrive technology too. Here's an interesting idea. If the expedition team is low on power, wouldn't it behoove them to try and study other alternative forms of energy other than the ZPMs. Generators to fuel hyperdrive technology give massive outputs of energy. How about studying the Wraith Hive ship that crashed in the episode The Defiant One? Maybe using a different generator source, one could potentially reap advantages that were previously unavailable to them. After all, the naquadah generators they have now are tied into the city's secondary and primary systems.
                    McKAY: Well, you wouldn’t know that from this, would you? This might as well say, “Bing tiddle tiddle bong.” It’s complete gibberish!

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                      I really loved this episode. Both for it's emotions and story, as well as SFX.

As I love the Wraith. The first, and only, race so far that knows how you really fight in space. A mothership with 100s of Darts and a few smaller support ships. No wonder the Ancients lost the war, they are fighting a race 100% dedicated to warfare.
                      I agree, it was enjoyable from beginning to end.

I'd have to disagree with you about the Wraith though. The Goa'uld System Lords also have armadas, though
                      Spoiler:
                      Anubis' fleet was probably the most impressive of theirs
                      [spoiler for SG-1 S7].

The Ancients lost because (a) they were out-numbered; (b) they were over-confident in their own way of life and technology that they never imagined the existence of something like the Wraith; and (c) they thought they could negotiate with the Wraith.

Originally posted by kryon22
                      Finally, we get to see evidence of Wraith Tech in action...that they've mastered hyperdrive technology too. Here's an interesting idea. If the expedition team is low on power, wouldn't it behoove them to try and study other alternative forms of energy other than the ZPMs. Generators to fuel hyperdrive technology give massive outputs of energy. How about studying the Wraith Hive ship that crashed in the episode The Defiant One? Maybe using a different generator source, one could potentially reap advantages that were previously unavailable to them. After all, the naquadah generators they have now are tied into the city's secondary and primary systems.
                      An excellent point. If the writers/producers could pull something useful from that Wraith wreckage, then it won't feel quite like those two scientists died in vain.
                      To Infinity And Beyond!

Comment

I suppose that when you factor in how the two different societies operate, it seems a lot more impressive for the Wraith. The Goa'uld are a feudal society. The Wraith operate as a hive. When a race marches as one to war (and in this case, dinner), the results are pretty jaw dropping.

What I also liked about this episode was how they portrayed Dr Weir and how she was gradually coming to grips with the mantle of leadership of a group that has both civilian and military leanings. If you just look at the evolution of the character (never mind that it was tossed between two actresses), it's remarkable how she went from staring gawky at the SGC gate to staring down the Genii.
                        McKAY: Well, you wouldn’t know that from this, would you? This might as well say, “Bing tiddle tiddle bong.” It’s complete gibberish!

Comment

Hello there all, spoilers for 8X12 and 8X17. You'll have to excuse me as I don't know the spoil tag.

SPOILERS..

I just quickly wanna comment on the whole "salvaging of the wraith ship". Presumably, the Wraith had been there for 10000 years. He mentioned that he fed on "my crew" so he was probably the Commander/Captain etc. If he couldn't repair the ship, including hyperdrive, in over 10000 years (even though he hibernated a lot) I don't think anyone on Atlantis could do anything. Even if they salavaged a hyperdrive and fixed it, what exactly would they do with it?

Onto the episode. Awesome. Emotional. It didn't feel like it was a clips show. Being someone of Czech Nationality, I really appreciated Zilinka's scene, it was really powerful with those Rising clips. Cheers to everyone of the production team. 3/4 for a gateworld rating IMO, and 4/4 for my personal opinion.

END OF SPOILERS
                          Last edited by Vandog; 11 January 2005, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Well, I was thinking actually of the generator itself. Sure, they wouldn't be able to use the hyperdrive because they don't have ships large enough, durable enough for hyperspace, but think of what they could do finding an alternative power source...other uses..defence systems, offensive beam weapons for atlantis..etc

Comment

Clip show? What clip show? There was 2 minutes of clips tops!

And Markham got a metion. Poor Markham

It was great to see Dr. Ponytail back (Or Kavanagh if you prefer ) and complaining again. And Zelenka describing the city rising... well, I can only assume that. I'll wait for one of our Czech board members to give us a translation

I would have liked to see more about the message at the end. Sam only had one line, I was sitting there when it was showing the wormhole clip thinking I had at least another two minutes of show left

Oh, that Wraith armada was just drool worthy. Nothing beats seeing a giant fleet drop out of hyperspace

Hopefully we'll hear more about the message in Mobius.

Oh, and I believe the episode was called Letters From Pegasus, plural.

Comment

Can someone tell me exactly what Sheppard said?

Comment

Working...
                                X