No announcement yet.

Ronon's Hair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just say ditch the wig and let him have short hair. Haven't even liked the idea of the wig and the one in these 3 eps looks terrible!

Comment

I don't remember where, possibly here on GW, but I read somewhere that this was the sequence of TEH HAIR!

-First two eps = sewed on dreads of Jason's that got cut off (got too painful)
      -Broken Ties = switched to the wig that Jason's double uses (dread cutting scene then got cut so they made....)
      -Rest of season = $10,000 dollar wig

If anyone finds the source on this, go ahead and post. I'm not gonna go searching, this is just what I remember.
      sigpic
      It was Arrested Development

Comment

Originally posted by padr49904 View Post
        The only way you know that they are fake is because you know that he cut them off. It slipped my mind during this episode and I did not think they looked fake at all.
        Ditto

Comment

Originally posted by wheresmyfroggy View Post
          I don't remember where, possibly here on GW, but I read somewhere that this was the sequence of TEH HAIR!

-First two eps = sewed on dreads of Jason's that got cut off (got too painful)
          -Broken Ties = switched to the wig that Jason's double uses (dread cutting scene then got cut so they made....)
          -Rest of season = $10,000 dollar wig

If anyone finds the source on this, go ahead and post. I'm not gonna go searching, this is just what I remember.
          I think it was from the last interview GW had with Jason.

Comment

I noticed it in the seed that the dreads weren't sitting right... afaik Jason cut them off with consultation with the producers due to the strain on his neck, they sat down and decided that Ronan was going to lose them onscreen and got Jason to save them and they were temporarily sewn into his hair as extensions for the first two episodes which was both time consuming and painful on Jason's behalf.

Then sci fi went all rabid at the thought of Ronan losing his dreads, a feature of the character for their XTREME version of stargate that they thought would be a ratings killer. So naturally they got their way, but as its a big inconvenience for the guy who actually plays the character tptb decided on the comprimise of using the ratty dreads that had been cut off... saved and sewn on then taken out again two or three times already and used it to make a wig.

Imo, everyone should just get used to the dreads looking off... its not tptb's decision or Jason's decision for them to stay, its the ****ty network that stamps its feet all the time it doesn't get its own way.

Comment

for the 1st 2 episodes its a semi wig. he cut his hair and left the front 8 dreds and then a wig was pulled up to it.

it was this episode where he fully cut his hair and it was te master wig that cost $10,000.

he and the producers wanted ronan to have a shaved head this episode forward but its sci fi that didn't want a short haired Ronan so thats why he has the wig now. which is ironic coz when he 1st started they said they dont want him to have a dreds.

he cut the dreds for health reasons coz it was hurting his neck. the dreds weighed 5 pounds. if the wig starts to prove dangerous for his necka nd he gets neck pain he'll stop wearin the wig.

heres the link to the interview with Momao

http://www.gateworld.net/interviews/...nd_tears.shtml

Comment

I didnt notice, I didnt even know he was going to cut them off. He looks fine.

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                It's not that bad, I doubt anyone who hadn't heard the news would have even noticed.

Comment

Originally posted by starfox View Post
                  Jason Momoa cut his hair for health reasons, but the geniuses at Sci-Fi decided that Ronon needed the dreads, so they made a $10,000 wig out of the locks he cut off. And, as you can see from this episode, it looks like utter crap.
                  Jason can give SciFi an threat: his dreadlocks go or Jason goes.

They better lost his locks and keep him.

Comment

Originally posted by Earthgate Ricky View Post

They better lost his locks and keep him.
                    Except he signed a contract.

Comment

Uh... Why?

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
                        Uh... Why?
                        Jason said that his 5 lbs dreadlocks give him headaches and his neck aches.

Try grabbing 5 lb bag and tie it to your head and tell me how you feel when you walk around with it.

Comment

Jason said that his 5 lbs dreadlocks give him headaches and his neck aches.

Try grabbing 5 lb bag and tie it to your head and tell me how you feel when you walk around with it.
                          Exactly. While I don't think Jason should give the network an ultimatum - those never turn out well, and just make people look childish - the threat of lawyers wouldn't be unreasonable. He had a valid, health-related reason for making the change, and even though he can at least take the wig off at the end of a shoot, it's still really heavy, and therefore still causing neck strain.

He was in a situation that could have caused him injury. He remedied it. The network then told him to put himself back into that situation. If the network was aware of the possibility for injury and made him wear the wig anyway, he's got the makings for a civil suit if he gets hurt. Which would be horrible and probably cause Skiffy to pitch a fit and cancel the show (were Jason still on it), but it would be their own fault.
                          They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
                          Spoiler:
                          Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

I don't think it would be too bad if they let him wear short hair on the show. As long as he still has that caveman look. And even if he didn't, it would make some sense because he's sort of grown out of his barbarian ways, to an extent.
                            Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

the curls on the wig are too big, they look like shirley temple sausage curls.

I'm glad jason has his hair the way he wants it,but to me, that wig looks bad. almost comedically bad
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

When I first heard of Jason wanting to cut his hair, I was afraid it would detract in some way from his fierce impression (like a lion without it's main). But after seeing photos of Jason with the shorter hair my doubts were gone. He still looked dangerous, in a more sleek, devilish way. Too bad the network couldn't see it.

In the end it's more about the actor's attitude than it is about the hair. Imagine Woolsey in dreds (stop laughing!). It's still not going to make him tough and edgy if Picardo is playing him as the same old Woolsey.

Comment

Working...
                                X