Hot Zone (113)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
    He gets in a bit of trouble, but he's not really there in the episode that much.

He's doing some stick training with Teyla, then he gets Bates to open the door, Elizabeth gets mad at him, he goes around, sets off the EPM, comes up with the idea of the Naquadah generator explosion over the planet, does it, gets yelled at.
    Thanks. You actually cheered me up. If Shep's not in it much...then not seeing the ep doesn't bother me so much.

Comment

He gets in a bit of trouble, but he's not really there in the episode that much.

He's doing some stick training with Teyla, then he gets Bates to open the door, Elizabeth gets mad at him, he goes around, sets off the EPM, comes up with the idea of the Naquadah generator explosion over the planet, does it, gets yelled at.
      He gets a nice smack in the ass by Teyla's stick. Kinky...

|| McKay: Do you know how much I hate certain death? ||
      || Beckett: I'm a doctor, not a bloody fighter-pilot! ||
      || Sheppard: Don't take on an alien armada single-handedly... Understood. ||

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin7
        Thanks. You actually cheered me up. If Shep's not in it much...then not seeing the ep doesn't bother me so much.
        Well, he's in there. Just not as much as McKay. It's a great episode to watch! Go watch! Go!

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
        Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Well, he's in there. Just not as much as McKay. It's a great episode to watch! Go watch! Go!
          Wish I could. But stuck not watching till Jan.

Is Sanctuary next week? I take it no scenes of Shep and Mckay together? They kill me together.

Comment

Originally posted by queenselqet31
            He gets a nice smack in the ass by Teyla's stick. Kinky...
            Goooo Teyla. *Sigh* Now I'm envious again. I'm all about the Shep and,apparently, so is she. *No I'm NOT shipping* LOL

There is Zalenka, right? He doesn't die does he?

Comment

Sounds like Teyla is slowly being changed from "leader of her people" to the Pegasus version of Xena. I want to see good SciFi, not skimpy, leather-clad women warriers. *sigh* The writers still don't know what to do with her.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                Sounds like Teyla is slowly being changed from "leader of her people" to the Pegasus version of Xena. I want to see good SciFi, not skimpy, leather-clad women warriers. *sigh* The writers still don't know what to do with her.
                More like they know, but they don't want us to see it yet. Same as what they wanted for Teal'c. From a mere traitor to a legend within 8 years...

As for Teyla, she seems like she's only good at stick fighting, that's about it. The use of a P90 is yet to be seen from her, though I believe that with such limited ammo they want to train her as basically as possible.
                Enter my game site...

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin7
                  Wish I could. But stuck not watching till Jan.

Is Sanctuary next week? I take it no scenes of Shep and Mckay together? They kill me together.
                  Yes next week episode is “Santuary” 114 I thought it was this week and “Hot Zone” 113 was next week but it was gateworlds episode guide that is incorrect and needs updating.
                  "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
                    Yes next week episode is “Santuary” 114 I thought it was this week and “Hot Zone” 113 was next week but it was gateworlds episode guide that is incorrect and needs updating.
                    Gateworld is not numbering the episodes by the Canada or UK airing order, but by the SciFi airing order, because apparently they occasionally differ and Darren doesn't want to do work only to undo it later.

Comment

I see well I'm not saying Darren is wrong or anything it just that I thought it was the final order of the episodes honest mistake on my part but no big deal.
                      "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Beware! It's

PIGGY'S USELESS OPINION
                        of 'Hot Zone'

Wow. Another Martin Gero written winner! Boy, that guy just keeps 'em coming, huh? We've just seen his excellent mid-season two-parter, and with just one episode between that and this new one, one has to wonder just how many episodes he can crank out per season. I say, keep that Gero goodness coming!

One thing I've noticed is that he seems to have an especially good handle on McKay. Like his tormenting at the hands of those little kids in 'Childhood's End', his planning and his great attitude in 'The Storm'/'The Eye' ("In case you haven't noticed, I'm an extremely arrogant man who thinks all his plans will work!") and his "last will" in 'Hot Zone'. All great stuff. Speaking of McKay - boy, an electromagnatic pulse? That's just his answer to everything isn't it? (Well... To this problem and the one in 'Redemption', at least.)

Other than that, this episode also had a lot of other stuff going for it. A nice and creepy atmosphere throughout, including an ending which appears to hint of a dangerous potential enemy the Atlantis team might encounter in the future. Bring it on! This is what is so great about the series being set in an entirely different and unexplored place. No one knows what's out there, no one knows what might happen. It could literally be anything. After half a season, we probably haven't even seen the team scratch the surface of their future adventures. Can you tell I love this show?

Great character interaction, too. We get to see just what Sumner and Jack were talking about regarding Sheppards occasional disregard for chain of command, which leads to an interesting conflict between him and Weir. And it's not fully resolved at the end. Then there's Ford - is it me, or has he just been getting grumpy lately? Is this the direction in which his character is being developed? Or is it just because we happen to always see him at his worst lately? In any case, this episode contains the first instance of someone adressing him by his first name. I know that will make some folks happy.

Lots of recurring characters in this one, too: Beckett, Bates, Zelenka and Grodin. None of whom were, fortunately, among the relatively high amount of expedition members dying. I lost count, but surely this episode alone must have doubled the total body count so far for the team?

Yep, I have a feeling this episode will be followed up on. Probably not this season, though. Can't wait to find out who created those nanites...
                        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Well again your useless opinion as always Piggy
                          What shall i say?
                          "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

I loved this episode.

We all knew that they weren't going to kill any of the main characters, but still..it was some nice suspense.

Oh and I think that possibily the Replicators made that Nanovirus.

If not them then it was the Ancients. Notice how at the end when McKay says, "Whoever did it, I hope they aren't around anymore.." then the camera cuts to Shepperd who is the closest thing to a living Ancient you can get without being one...

Oh and yeah Teyla was looking great in this episode. Although they had to ruin it and put her in that baggy clunky hazmat suit.

Comment

I liked this episode, but still i dont see much development of Ford
                              "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Seven
                                Oh and I think that possibily the Replicators made that Nanovirus.
                                Replicators??! Whatever drew you to that conclusion?
                                Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Working...
                                X