Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lordvader
    Can I put forth a theory?

A biological weapon, specifically targeted at humans?
    Can anyone say Aschen?

What if they were the ones who created the plague that killed the ancients too?
    Uh. No.

A) The downfall of the Ancients timeline doesn't even remotely correspond with the aschen timeline.

B) The aschen were humans.

C) They didn't have the ability to even hop more than a solar system away.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
      Uh. No.

A) The downfall of the Ancients timeline doesn't even remotely correspond with the aschen timeline.

B) The aschen were humans.

C) They didn't have the ability to even hop more than a solar system away.
      But how much do we know about the Aschen timeline? How can we be sure that they didn't once reside in the Pegasus galaxy, find their way to the Milky Way, and somehow lose a lot of their tech ?

And just because they're human, doesn't mean they won't target other humans ... They were about to unleash a biological attack on earth in "2001" .....

Comment

I agree with you that the aschen will not hastate to target other humans from what we have learnt about them they seem to be experts in everything about human biology. Each race of human encountered by SG-1 have been experts in certain field but I disagree with you that the aschen are from Pegasus galaxy that just sounds to far fetched to be true.
        "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Do nanites even count as a biological weapon? And in any case, they looked nothing like the stuff the Aschen use.
          Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

So the Aschen came from Pegasus, decided to pick the MW out of all other galaxies, found a planet, settled, lost all their tech and the knowledge to recreate it, started from scratch again, found a stargate made by the very people who were in the galaxy they came from, and for all of their advanced technology they couldn't figure out stellar drift? I think the Aschen are best left in the MW as just a more advanced race rather than the convoluted story that would lead to them being the creators of that virus.
            Before this day is done, I will feed on your buttery defiance

Comment

It’s more of an artificial weapon

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

What if the Wraith were created by the real "enemy" of the Ancients as soldiers. This race lost control of the Wraith and decided to create the virus to destroy their food source in a last ditch effort to stop them. The virus doesn't target Ancients because they were the next best hope for stoping the Wraith if this virus failed. The Ancients were studying the virus to find a way to protect the humans. Eventually the Wraith ate their creators and began attacking atlantis.

Comment

It is far fetched .... but it'll be cool no ?

I miss the Aschen

Comment

Originally posted by lordvader
                    It is far fetched .... but it'll be cool no ?

I miss the Aschen

Me personally I would like to keep the humans races encountered by sg-1 out of Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdZero
                      What if the Wraith were created by the real "enemy" of the Ancients as soldiers. This race lost control of the Wraith and decided to create the virus to destroy their food source in a last ditch effort to stop them. The virus doesn't target Ancients because they were the next best hope for stoping the Wraith if this virus failed. The Ancients were studying the virus to find a way to protect the humans. Eventually the Wraith ate their creators and began attacking atlantis.

Hey that’s a good explanation but some how TPTB will add more twist/surprise to this story line that is if they follow up on this episode.

Comment

If you remember the first episodes the hologram in atlantis said that the ancients came to pegasus to seed life because thay could not detect any there and that was several million years ago.
                        In the episode with the virus to block the wraith feeding shepard said that steve only had an appatite for one type of meal, humans.
                        And in the defiant one you saw that a wraith could possiably live 10000 years If he had a large supply of humans and a couple of wraith to feed from.
                        The wraith ancient war started 10000 years ago.
                        It obviously took a long time for the ancients to seed life through pegasus say a couple million years.
                        The wraith couldent of been the ones the ancients woke because there is no way thay would of been able to survive millions of years without food without compleatly destroying their race.
                        The nanite virus was probabily made a long time ago by some melovent race and when the ancients woke them they used it on the ancients but the ata gene stopped it so thay created the wraith to battle the ancients.
                        If for example you look at the wraith tech thay have weapons capaible of defeating ancient shields but dont seem to have any shield tech themselves.
                        Also it would seem their hyperspace drives are not all that advanced because if thay where the wraith would be able to harvest several planets a day and thay would of been at atlantis by now.

Comment

Does anyone else find that even Zelenka is becoming more important than Ford?

(by amount of time spoken)
                          sigpic
                          In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Originally posted by Taonas
                            Does anyone else find that even Zelenka is becoming more important than Ford?

(by amount of time spoken)
                            I'm of the general opinion that they either need to drop the character, or develope him, or move him to a secondary role, because right now, Ford is about as deep as a frizbie, and that's a shame.

Comment

Zelenka has, IMO, had a lot more character development than Ford has. Or, at least, he seems to come across better onscreen. Rainbow seems like a very nice guy. I feel kinda sorry for him that Ford is being reduced to Pointless Exposition Guy. He's the Swiss Army Knife character, he does whatever needs doing in a particular plot, but he's more of a utility than an actual character.

Incidentally, one scene that I intensely disliked was the freak-out scene in the cafeteria. I know it's hard to react to something that isn't there, but it REALLY looked like they were reacting to something that wasn't there (meaning it looks as if the director said, "OK, now scream and start panicking and lash out at the invisible somethings that are trying to attack you! OOOoo, they're scary!!"). I didn't buy it at all. If the nanites are all programmed the same, it might have been slightly more interesting if, say, they'd all reacted to "danger" coming from the same direction. I think it still would have looked stupid, though.

And how come the people trapped down below didn't react like that? They encountered the virus before the cafeteria dwellers did. And don't tell me it's because they knew what they were dealing with- McKay knew, too, and he still freaked out a bit. And the cafeteria people had an idea what was going on, too. So how come no freakout from the initial group? Standing around looking nervous is all well and good, but it doesn't do much to convey a sense of fast-approaching doom.

Comment

Ok gonna revise this a little.

The Ancients awoke this other enemy first, they got into a war with this race. That race created the Wraith who could feed on the one thing that the Ancients would strive to protect, humans. The Ancients one weakness. Later, a peace was developed between this race and the Ancients and the fighting stopped. In this peace, the humans were to be left alone. As their only food source, the Wraith would have died out. To prevent their own demise, the Wraith begin feeding on humans again against their creators' wishes. The Wraith were too powerful for the other emeny and the Ancients were spread too thin protecting the humans. Then in a last ditch effort, the enemy creates this virus to eliminate the humans but not the Ancients since they have the technology to go head to head with the Wraith. The Ancients get pissed at this and begin studying the virus to find a cure. The Wraith consume their creators and move onto Atlantis.

Comment

Working...
                                X