Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teal'c
    I loved Shep's solution: Nuke it!

I never thought I'd see the day when nuking a virus is the solution to a problem. Very original

Yeah...You got a problem? - Nuke it.

Though, I must admit that this solution is plausible...
    Is it possible that the SGA death toll has risen significantly over the past few episodes? Is that a smart move by the authors? There should be some people remaining until the season finale...

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
      I guess it could've been created by an advanced alien race that decided that having regular humans in the galaxy would only make the Wraith stronger, but killing the Ancients wasn't needed since they are very powerful.
      You might have a point there, remember what were the Reetous doing?

Anyway the thing about Sara, i think they will
      Spoiler:
      exange her in order to get that ZPM in the ep Brotherhood.
      "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Originally posted by sdfd
        Yeah...You got a problem? - Nuke it.

Though, I must admit that this solution is plausible...
        Is it possible that the SGA death toll has risen significantly over the past few episodes? Is that a smart move by the authors? There should be some people remaining until the season finale...
        hm thats kinda making me wonder, they used 1 generator on that black fog monster thingy, they've used another one on this bio weapon thingy, naquadah generators cant be easy to come by, so it makes you wonder how many they have left and how much of a setback it is everytime they lose one.
        Ford: You know we still haven't named the planet yet
        Sheppard: I'm sure the ancients have a name for it
        Ford: How about atlantica? Something like that
        Sheppard: I thought we agreed you were not going to name anything anymore

Comment

Originally posted by kodamawu
          hm thats kinda making me wonder, they used 1 generator on that black fog monster thingy, they've used another one on this bio weapon thingy, naquadah generators cant be easy to come by, so it makes you wonder how many they have left and how much of a setback it is everytime they lose one.

I think their naquadah generators will last until the season finale. By then, they will have a connection to earth from where they will be able to replenish their supplies. But I suspect this problem is never going to be dealt with by the authors...So the show will pretend as if they have unlimited resources... You need a naquadah generator? -You simply have one. That's the way things work on this show...

SGA is a very good show, but it is definitely not perfect.

Comment

Hey guys! Just wanted to thank you all personally for putting all of those spoilers up there! It took me a while to get over here, but I'm glad I did. While I am very proud of SG-1's sister show, I haven't quite been obsessed over it... yet... I'm sure, with the coming months, that will change!

Anyway, quick question - sorry if it's been asked before - but I was just wondering if I'm to understand that Teyla's character development is at a minimal and Ford's is also nonexistent? Just wanted to clarify the general consensus.

I still hold out hope for both Teyla and Ford, because I see potential in them. I also know that Teal'c had, like, twelve lines and three facial expressions per season, during the early years, so I don't worry much. They're still fleshing her out like they were Teal'c, and now he's a very much-loved character. Apparently they really dig the Token Alien thing. And I think she'll get her chance to hit her mark in
            Spoiler:
            The Gift and The Seige Parts I and II

As for Ford... It doesn't look like they're gonna do that man justice this season. For one thing, it seems like he's a very young character, and they need to play into his expertise as well as his inexperience. Also, they tried to mention his Grandma and stuff, but I don't think they really went into detail like they could have. Ah well... There's always next season.

DoS

Comment

I expect some heavy Ford development early in season two, else I'll be sending out some death threats

Comment

Okay....as someone who has only read the transcript. Did anyone who saw the ep think it interesting that Bates obeyed Shep over Weir? I mean...I know he obeyed orders in SUSPICION. But Weir picked Bates and he seems to have an allegience with her. But when push came to shove, even after Weir says Bates agreed with her about the actions taken *I think it was bates*....but in the end, Bates obeys Shep and we know they don't see eye to eye.

Comment

great ep as always. loved the fight between shep and telya. i have a few points

* The ancient data base: i was hoping it would go the way of the 3rd zat shot, but there it was again, i'm glad they are trying to dumb it down only holding some information not a know all end all kind of thing.

* The Virus: i dont think this is the ancient killer virus that nearly destroyed their people all them years ago, other wise why would the virus not work on ancients. and if the ancients didn't make the virus why did they have it in their lab. if they found it on some other planet y didn't it say so in the research mckay found? maybe he just wasn't up to that part.

so why would someone make a nano-virus thaat makes u see visions like the wraith make and then 6 hours later explode your brain? it would seem to point towards the wraith being pupets for a greater race, someone who dosn't want the humans in this galaxy so they make a virus to try and kill them, the ancients put a stop to that with no problem (and keep samples for study) so for some reason unable to battle the ancients them selfs, they decide we will make a race of creatures that only eat humans and ancients using the bug thing they found as a prototype for the race.

so obviusly its the ferlings, yeah sure why not them 40ft death robots made out of an even mix of flowers and puppies did it, anyhing unexplained in the staargate universe was the ferlings who else could it be?

i wonder if the writers knew they would do more with the ferlings after only casually mentioning them 2 times or how the fans would react to a non-story race. lol

Comment

Originally posted by AsgardCarnage
                    The ancient data base: i was hoping it would go the way of the 3rd zat shot, but there it was again, i'm glad they are trying to dumb it down only holding some information not a know all end all kind of thing.
                    I have no problem with them using the database, so long as the writers keep in mind that nearly all of the information in there would be on a scientific level so far above the Atlantis team, that it would be pretty useless to them.

But getting data on things like the city's layout, the symptoms of this virus....

Those I'm fine with.
                    sigpic

Comment

i'd be fine with that as well, small story points nothing major like they key to accention is on page 312. i guess i would be fine with that

also i guess it makes sence ancients storing their common knowladge type things in a database

Comment

Forgive if this has been mentioned before, I'm a bit tired and not reading well...

Great ep. Very suspenseful, good action, good plot and character development. McKay has a sister. Very interesting. Now, as for the nanites....

There seems to be some indication that the Ancients could be responsible for the nanovirus. This would be a very interesting development and would further deepen the idea that the Ancients aren't as all-benevolent as they like to claim. HOWEVER... Ancient tech, from the look of it, seems to be immune to EMPs. The Ancient comp systems and PJ and all that continued to function as normal. So... if the Ancients DID design the nanites, why would they make them succeptible to EMPs?

I'll talk more if/when I get a chance. Running out of battery power now and my plug is in my luggage which is god knows where waiting for our 7 hours delayed flight to London... *sigh* Random OT comment. It's been a long day.

Back on topic- I love McKay and Zelenka. They're a great duo. Hope we get to see more of Dr. Z and find out more about him.

Boo on Ford's continuing lack of development!

Comment

Also, Peter appears to be more than just Siler. I mean, He's still the Pegasus's Siler, but more like a Siler 2.0 <ramble>
                          sigpic

Comment

I just noticed something. Zelenka and McKay were WRONG. During their prime numbers game McKay asked if 4021 was prime, Zelenka said No, McKay didn't say he was wrong but according to www.prime-numbers.org it is prime
                            My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

Can I put forth a theory?

A biological weapon, specifically targeted at humans?
                              Can anyone say Aschen?

What if they were the ones who created the plague that killed the ancients too?

Comment

It's possible that the Ancients tried to be a benevolent race, but with so many members in their community, I'm sure they must have had some wackos with them. Imagine walking around in a city the size of New York City with no-one living there (like in a few thousand years). I wouldn't be surprised if you found an appartment with some very lethal drugs/weapons in there, and after all this time it would be hard to determine if a chemistry student was experimenting around a little, if there was a single mad man doing his job, or if the entire civilization had some issues with your race.

I'm going with a small evil Ancient subgroup, but I think the TPTB will do something else with this story.
                                No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                                (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Working...
                                X