Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345 67815 ... LastLast

Thread: Hot Zone (113)

Default Re: Hot Zone

I expect some heavy Ford development early in season two, else I'll be sending out some death threats

Okay....as someone who has only read the transcript. Did anyone who saw the ep think it interesting that Bates obeyed Shep over Weir? I mean...I know he obeyed orders in SUSPICION. But Weir picked Bates and he seems to have an allegience with her. But when push came to shove, even after Weir says Bates agreed with her about the actions taken *I think it was bates*....but in the end, Bates obeys Shep and we know they don't see eye to eye.

Second Lieutenant AsgardCarnage's Avatar

great ep as always. loved the fight between shep and telya. i have a few points

* The ancient data base: i was hoping it would go the way of the 3rd zat shot, but there it was again, i'm glad they are trying to dumb it down only holding some information not a know all end all kind of thing.

* The Virus: i dont think this is the ancient killer virus that nearly destroyed their people all them years ago, other wise why would the virus not work on ancients. and if the ancients didn't make the virus why did they have it in their lab. if they found it on some other planet y didn't it say so in the research mckay found? maybe he just wasn't up to that part.

so why would someone make a nano-virus thaat makes u see visions like the wraith make and then 6 hours later explode your brain? it would seem to point towards the wraith being pupets for a greater race, someone who dosn't want the humans in this galaxy so they make a virus to try and kill them, the ancients put a stop to that with no problem (and keep samples for study) so for some reason unable to battle the ancients them selfs, they decide we will make a race of creatures that only eat humans and ancients using the bug thing they found as a prototype for the race.

so obviusly its the ferlings, yeah sure why not them 40ft death robots made out of an even mix of flowers and puppies did it, anyhing unexplained in the staargate universe was the ferlings who else could it be?

i wonder if the writers knew they would do more with the ferlings after only casually mentioning them 2 times or how the fans would react to a non-story race. lol

Quote Originally Posted by AsgardCarnage
    The ancient data base: i was hoping it would go the way of the 3rd zat shot, but there it was again, i'm glad they are trying to dumb it down only holding some information not a know all end all kind of thing.
    I have no problem with them using the database, so long as the writers keep in mind that nearly all of the information in there would be on a scientific level so far above the Atlantis team, that it would be pretty useless to them.

But getting data on things like the city's layout, the symptoms of this virus....

Those I'm fine with.

Second Lieutenant AsgardCarnage's Avatar

i'd be fine with that as well, small story points nothing major like they key to accention is on page 312. i guess i would be fine with that

also i guess it makes sence ancients storing their common knowladge type things in a database

Forgive if this has been mentioned before, I'm a bit tired and not reading well...

Great ep. Very suspenseful, good action, good plot and character development. McKay has a sister. Very interesting. Now, as for the nanites....

There seems to be some indication that the Ancients could be responsible for the nanovirus. This would be a very interesting development and would further deepen the idea that the Ancients aren't as all-benevolent as they like to claim. HOWEVER... Ancient tech, from the look of it, seems to be immune to EMPs. The Ancient comp systems and PJ and all that continued to function as normal. So... if the Ancients DID design the nanites, why would they make them succeptible to EMPs?

I'll talk more if/when I get a chance. Running out of battery power now and my plug is in my luggage which is god knows where waiting for our 7 hours delayed flight to London... *sigh* Random OT comment. It's been a long day.

Back on topic- I love McKay and Zelenka. They're a great duo. Hope we get to see more of Dr. Z and find out more about him.

Boo on Ford's continuing lack of development!

Also, Peter appears to be more than just Siler. I mean, He's still the Pegasus's Siler, but more like a Siler 2.0 <ramble>

I just noticed something. Zelenka and McKay were WRONG. During their prime numbers game McKay asked if 4021 was prime, Zelenka said No, McKay didn't say he was wrong but according to www.prime-numbers.org it is prime
    My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Staff Sergeant

Can I put forth a theory?

A biological weapon, specifically targeted at humans?
    Can anyone say Aschen?

What if they were the ones who created the plague that killed the ancients too?

It's possible that the Ancients tried to be a benevolent race, but with so many members in their community, I'm sure they must have had some wackos with them. Imagine walking around in a city the size of New York City with no-one living there (like in a few thousand years). I wouldn't be surprised if you found an appartment with some very lethal drugs/weapons in there, and after all this time it would be hard to determine if a chemistry student was experimenting around a little, if there was a single mad man doing his job, or if the entire civilization had some issues with your race.

I'm going with a small evil Ancient subgroup, but I think the TPTB will do something else with this story.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...s/AngryPC2.gif No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...s/AngryPC2.gif
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...s/AngryPC2.gif "Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...s/AngryPC2.gif (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...es/AngryPC.gif

Quote Originally Posted by lordvader
    Can I put forth a theory?

A biological weapon, specifically targeted at humans?
    Can anyone say Aschen?

What if they were the ones who created the plague that killed the ancients too?
    Uh. No.

A) The downfall of the Ancients timeline doesn't even remotely correspond with the aschen timeline.

B) The aschen were humans.

C) They didn't have the ability to even hop more than a solar system away.

Staff Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Mio
    Uh. No.

A) The downfall of the Ancients timeline doesn't even remotely correspond with the aschen timeline.

B) The aschen were humans.

C) They didn't have the ability to even hop more than a solar system away.
    But how much do we know about the Aschen timeline? How can we be sure that they didn't once reside in the Pegasus galaxy, find their way to the Milky Way, and somehow lose a lot of their tech ?

And just because they're human, doesn't mean they won't target other humans ... They were about to unleash a biological attack on earth in "2001" .....

I agree with you that the aschen will not hastate to target other humans from what we have learnt about them they seem to be experts in everything about human biology. Each race of human encountered by SG-1 have been experts in certain field but I disagree with you that the aschen are from Pegasus galaxy that just sounds to far fetched to be true.

Do nanites even count as a biological weapon? And in any case, they looked nothing like the stuff the Aschen use.

So the Aschen came from Pegasus, decided to pick the MW out of all other galaxies, found a planet, settled, lost all their tech and the knowledge to recreate it, started from scratch again, found a stargate made by the very people who were in the galaxy they came from, and for all of their advanced technology they couldn't figure out stellar drift? I think the Aschen are best left in the MW as just a more advanced race rather than the convoluted story that would lead to them being the creators of that virus.

It’s more of an artificial weapon

What if the Wraith were created by the real "enemy" of the Ancients as soldiers. This race lost control of the Wraith and decided to create the virus to destroy their food source in a last ditch effort to stop them. The virus doesn't target Ancients because they were the next best hope for stoping the Wraith if this virus failed. The Ancients were studying the virus to find a way to protect the humans. Eventually the Wraith ate their creators and began attacking atlantis.

Staff Sergeant

It is far fetched .... but it'll be cool no ?

I miss the Aschen

Quote Originally Posted by lordvader
    It is far fetched .... but it'll be cool no ?

I miss the Aschen

Me personally I would like to keep the humans races encountered by sg-1 out of Atlantis.

Quote Originally Posted by ColdZero
    What if the Wraith were created by the real "enemy" of the Ancients as soldiers. This race lost control of the Wraith and decided to create the virus to destroy their food source in a last ditch effort to stop them. The virus doesn't target Ancients because they were the next best hope for stoping the Wraith if this virus failed. The Ancients were studying the virus to find a way to protect the humans. Eventually the Wraith ate their creators and began attacking atlantis.

Hey that’s a good explanation but some how TPTB will add more twist/surprise to this story line that is if they follow up on this episode.