Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234 56714 ... LastLast

Thread: Hot Zone (113)

Default Re: Hot Zone

Yes that would give double meaning to the episode title....

I think there has been a double meaning to every title though since the Rising.

Where the heck is Teyla getting her dresses? Anybody ever wonders? I mean, the rest of the personnel are wearing uniforms, only Teyla runs around in a different dress everyday... And for every occasion... Not that I'm complaining...

Lieutenant Colonel Major Fischer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zamboni
    Where the heck is Teyla getting her dresses? Anybody ever wonders? I mean, the rest of the personnel are wearing uniforms, only Teyla runs around in a different dress everyday... And for every occasion... Not that I'm complaining...
    Especially given that they left Athos in a hurry, and she herself was kidnapped by the Wraith and went directly from the Wraith ship to Atlantis. Didn't see any luggage there.

Maybe there are a bunch of duty-free shops on Atlantis? Afterall it's almost like an airport... It's got jumpers, and gates (well, gate... but still)... LOL

What a great episode it had suspence, some great recurring characters and some character development for the main characters. I really liked the atmosphere of it. I think that the writers are planting seeds about new threats in the future. I think they have a general idea about who they are but until they are brought into the fold who knows. Overall it was very well done. It keeps the tension high throughout and I can't wait to see the rest of the season.

Second Lieutenant

Diverging a bit from the major plot points, it is terrible that parts of Atlantis are damaged.. maybe beyond repair. The sensors did not detect the infection while in the flooded zone I wonder just how much more damage Atlantis recieved? Homefully not much. Its not fun living in a broken city. I am looking forward to Atlantis being restored to full health in the upcoming seasons.

Chief Master Sergeant Red_Rabbit's Avatar

OK I thought that this was a great ep but there was one thing that really bugged me, if you set off an EMP you would not be able to yous your mics after it went off, now unless they shut them off right before the emp and then turned it right back on i might by it but besides that it was a great ep.

Staff Sergeant

I wasn't quite sure why McKay survived. Was it because he had the Ancient gene?

I'm hoping that the new "enemy" might launch new and shocking revelations in the Atlantis universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Fischer
    Especially given that they left Athos in a hurry, and she herself was kidnapped by the Wraith and went directly from the Wraith ship to Atlantis. Didn't see any luggage there.
    maybe some1 else picked it up for her? or maybe some1 else made it or gave it to her, or maybe she just likes to take clothes and rip them up into really hot outifts, man she was so hot in that ep

Quote Originally Posted by w1cket01
    I wasn't quite sure why McKay survived. Was it because he had the Ancient gene?

I'm hoping that the new "enemy" might launch new and shocking revelations in the Atlantis universe.
    Yes Mckay lived because he had the Ancient gene. Some where in the episode they said that these nanites were made to target only humans. But the things they don't know who made the nanites...dun dun dun...

Interesting. I hope that they won't pull a SG1 and abandon what could be a really neat story line.

Yeah I hope they make sure to keep most storylines active, or finish them properly.

Damn it I thought the virus was designed to kill ancients need to pay more attention.

I loved Shep's solution: Nuke it!

I never thought I'd see the day when nuking a virus is the solution to a problem. Very original

Hey it could have been worst they could have called in the wraith.

Probie

Quote Originally Posted by Teal'c
    I loved Shep's solution: Nuke it!

I never thought I'd see the day when nuking a virus is the solution to a problem. Very original

Yeah...You got a problem? - Nuke it.

Though, I must admit that this solution is plausible...
    Is it possible that the SGA death toll has risen significantly over the past few episodes? Is that a smart move by the authors? There should be some people remaining until the season finale...

Quote Originally Posted by aAnubiSs
    I guess it could've been created by an advanced alien race that decided that having regular humans in the galaxy would only make the Wraith stronger, but killing the Ancients wasn't needed since they are very powerful.
    You might have a point there, remember what were the Reetous doing?

Anyway the thing about Sara, i think they will
    Spoiler:
    exange her in order to get that ZPM in the ep Brotherhood.
    "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Quote Originally Posted by sdfd
    Yeah...You got a problem? - Nuke it.

Though, I must admit that this solution is plausible...
    Is it possible that the SGA death toll has risen significantly over the past few episodes? Is that a smart move by the authors? There should be some people remaining until the season finale...
    hm thats kinda making me wonder, they used 1 generator on that black fog monster thingy, they've used another one on this bio weapon thingy, naquadah generators cant be easy to come by, so it makes you wonder how many they have left and how much of a setback it is everytime they lose one.
    Ford: You know we still haven't named the planet yet
    Sheppard: I'm sure the ancients have a name for it
    Ford: How about atlantica? Something like that
    Sheppard: I thought we agreed you were not going to name anything anymore

Probie

Quote Originally Posted by kodamawu
    hm thats kinda making me wonder, they used 1 generator on that black fog monster thingy, they've used another one on this bio weapon thingy, naquadah generators cant be easy to come by, so it makes you wonder how many they have left and how much of a setback it is everytime they lose one.

I think their naquadah generators will last until the season finale. By then, they will have a connection to earth from where they will be able to replenish their supplies. But I suspect this problem is never going to be dealt with by the authors...So the show will pretend as if they have unlimited resources... You need a naquadah generator? -You simply have one. That's the way things work on this show...

SGA is a very good show, but it is definitely not perfect.

Cool Re: Hot Zone

Hey guys! Just wanted to thank you all personally for putting all of those spoilers up there! It took me a while to get over here, but I'm glad I did. While I am very proud of SG-1's sister show, I haven't quite been obsessed over it... yet... I'm sure, with the coming months, that will change!

Anyway, quick question - sorry if it's been asked before - but I was just wondering if I'm to understand that Teyla's character development is at a minimal and Ford's is also nonexistent? Just wanted to clarify the general consensus.

I still hold out hope for both Teyla and Ford, because I see potential in them. I also know that Teal'c had, like, twelve lines and three facial expressions per season, during the early years, so I don't worry much. They're still fleshing her out like they were Teal'c, and now he's a very much-loved character. Apparently they really dig the Token Alien thing. And I think she'll get her chance to hit her mark in
    Spoiler:
    The Gift and The Seige Parts I and II

As for Ford... It doesn't look like they're gonna do that man justice this season. For one thing, it seems like he's a very young character, and they need to play into his expertise as well as his inexperience. Also, they tried to mention his Grandma and stuff, but I don't think they really went into detail like they could have. Ah well... There's always next season.

DoS