Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12 34512 ... LastLast

Thread: Hot Zone (113)

Don't know as I'm shrill and ill-informed

Default Re: Hot Zone

Sounds like Teyla is slowly being changed from "leader of her people" to the Pegasus version of Xena. I want to see good SciFi, not skimpy, leather-clad women warriers. *sigh* The writers still don't know what to do with her.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/joesmom1/Kitty.bmp

When all else fails, change channels.

Quote Originally Posted by FoolishPleasure
    Sounds like Teyla is slowly being changed from "leader of her people" to the Pegasus version of Xena. I want to see good SciFi, not skimpy, leather-clad women warriers. *sigh* The writers still don't know what to do with her.
    More like they know, but they don't want us to see it yet. Same as what they wanted for Teal'c. From a mere traitor to a legend within 8 years...

As for Teyla, she seems like she's only good at stick fighting, that's about it. The use of a P90 is yet to be seen from her, though I believe that with such limited ammo they want to train her as basically as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin7
    Wish I could. But stuck not watching till Jan.

Is Sanctuary next week? I take it no scenes of Shep and Mckay together? They kill me together.
    Yes next week episode is “Santuary” 114 I thought it was this week and “Hot Zone” 113 was next week but it was gateworlds episode guide that is incorrect and needs updating.

Lieutenant Colonel Major Fischer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wass
    Yes next week episode is “Santuary” 114 I thought it was this week and “Hot Zone” 113 was next week but it was gateworlds episode guide that is incorrect and needs updating.
    Gateworld is not numbering the episodes by the Canada or UK airing order, but by the SciFi airing order, because apparently they occasionally differ and Darren doesn't want to do work only to undo it later.

I see well I'm not saying Darren is wrong or anything it just that I thought it was the final order of the episodes honest mistake on my part but no big deal.

Beware! It's

PIGGY'S USELESS OPINION
    of 'Hot Zone'

Wow. Another Martin Gero written winner! Boy, that guy just keeps 'em coming, huh? We've just seen his excellent mid-season two-parter, and with just one episode between that and this new one, one has to wonder just how many episodes he can crank out per season. I say, keep that Gero goodness coming!

One thing I've noticed is that he seems to have an especially good handle on McKay. Like his tormenting at the hands of those little kids in 'Childhood's End', his planning and his great attitude in 'The Storm'/'The Eye' ("In case you haven't noticed, I'm an extremely arrogant man who thinks all his plans will work!") and his "last will" in 'Hot Zone'. All great stuff. Speaking of McKay - boy, an electromagnatic pulse? That's just his answer to everything isn't it? (Well... To this problem and the one in 'Redemption', at least.)

Other than that, this episode also had a lot of other stuff going for it. A nice and creepy atmosphere throughout, including an ending which appears to hint of a dangerous potential enemy the Atlantis team might encounter in the future. Bring it on! This is what is so great about the series being set in an entirely different and unexplored place. No one knows what's out there, no one knows what might happen. It could literally be anything. After half a season, we probably haven't even seen the team scratch the surface of their future adventures. Can you tell I love this show?

Great character interaction, too. We get to see just what Sumner and Jack were talking about regarding Sheppards occasional disregard for chain of command, which leads to an interesting conflict between him and Weir. And it's not fully resolved at the end. Then there's Ford - is it me, or has he just been getting grumpy lately? Is this the direction in which his character is being developed? Or is it just because we happen to always see him at his worst lately? In any case, this episode contains the first instance of someone adressing him by his first name. I know that will make some folks happy.

Lots of recurring characters in this one, too: Beckett, Bates, Zelenka and Grodin. None of whom were, fortunately, among the relatively high amount of expedition members dying. I lost count, but surely this episode alone must have doubled the total body count so far for the team?

Yep, I have a feeling this episode will be followed up on. Probably not this season, though. Can't wait to find out who created those nanites...

Well again your useless opinion as always Piggy
    What shall i say?
    "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

I loved this episode.

We all knew that they weren't going to kill any of the main characters, but still..it was some nice suspense.

Oh and I think that possibily the Replicators made that Nanovirus.

If not them then it was the Ancients. Notice how at the end when McKay says, "Whoever did it, I hope they aren't around anymore.." then the camera cuts to Shepperd who is the closest thing to a living Ancient you can get without being one...

Oh and yeah Teyla was looking great in this episode. Although they had to ruin it and put her in that baggy clunky hazmat suit.

I liked this episode, but still i dont see much development of Ford
    "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Seven
    Oh and I think that possibily the Replicators made that Nanovirus.
    Replicators??! Whatever drew you to that conclusion?

Seems like their calling card. I'm only a SG Newbie, so I dunno. I saw the recent SG1 replicator episodes and figured that maybe this little nanovirus later evolved into the Replicators or something like that....

Just a theory though.

Oh and yeah...Ford does need some better character development. He's become...annoying lately.

the reps probably weren't around by then

Lieutenant Colonel Major Fischer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ugly Pig
    Replicators??! Whatever drew you to that conclusion?
    I was wondering about that little leap of logic too.

No, it's not logical that the Replicators would do this, they aren't the biological weapons sort of enemies, and we have no evidence that they've ever been in the Pegesus Galaxy, or in fact that they are old enough to have been involved with the Ancients at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Seven
    I saw the recent SG1 replicator episodes and figured that maybe this little nanovirus later evolved into the Replicators or something like that....
    Nope... See the episode 'Menace' from SG-1 Season 5 to see where the replicators came from..

Oh ok, yeah like I said I'm a newb.

no, the replicators cannot have something to do with this
    they were created back home by that robot chick and they just recently evolved to a more advanced form (human reps) so it is unlikely (acually, make that impossible) that they did their thing far away in peg galaxy at way higher tech level too

about the ep: i enjoyed it much.
    but i guess it wont really contribute to the whole storyline for quite some time. i know however that the writers have to stop killing atlantis team every episode.

Quote Originally Posted by PlaZ
    i know however that the writers have to stop killing atlantis team every episode.
    Every episode? I've actually been surprised at how little they've been killing Earth people off. Until 'The Storm' I don't remember anyone dying except Sumner in the pilot.

This episode was amazing!!! IMO Atlantis hasn't had a single bad episode so far!

Spoiler:
    Could there have been an enemy before the Wraith? Or could the Wraith have been servants of that enemy? This episode presents a new possible threat to the Ancients

In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

I really don't see why the Ancients would build nanites with chips and wires. The Ancients moved away from that a long time ago, so why would they design something that's millions of years less advanced then that they've got now.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin7

There is Zalenka, right? He doesn't die does he?

No
    Wier: Nice work Rodney!
    McKay: Did you ever doubt me?
    Wier: Yes, several times....
    [Stargate: ATLANTIS: Episode- 'The Eye' (1x11)]