This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watch Sanctuary!!!

I made this little statement about why Sanctuary is worth watching, and why Amanda deserves it.

The one thing I love about any Sci-fi show or movie are the visual effects, I want something that'll leave you in Stargate did that for me, and I hope Sanctuary can deliver that too. Amanda and company have worked very long, and very hard and I'd like nothing more then to see them very well rewarded, in fact, Amanda had to reduce her acting salary, and completely take her producer's salary off the table All for budge constraints, so she's not making what she should. They did that in order to retain their creative control, and if they're ok with it, I'm ok with it. A lot of actors wouldn't want to cut back 2 salaries, and she should be getting a lot more $$$, I mean she's earned and deserves it. Wow, Amanda is such a team player, dying her hair, cutting back her salaries so much for the benefit of the show, I didn't think it was possible, but I love, respect and admire this woman so much more for doing that. It's attitude like that, that always makes a job all that much better. YOU ROCK AMANDA.

Which brings me to my next statement: I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly want the show to go on as long as it can, and be as big a success as it can, we already know the show's a hit online, and it wouldn't be coming to TV if it wasn't, and I know it's already in for 1 season, but I want to help the show go on anyway I can. I know you guys, and a lot of other people are going to watch it, but I feel like I want to do more than just watch it, I want to help it, I mean when I used to watch Scrubs, I'd have like 3 TV's on that channel just to help its ratings. Yeah, I also used to go to other message boards, write to the network, even sign/make petitions and send them to lots of related sites to have people sign it. What I'm saying is, and I know this may sound silly, but as fans we owe it to Amanda to keep the show going as long as it can. By that I mean, spread the word to friends, neighbors, famliy and strangers standing next to you in the clothing and grocery store , purchase the show on iTunes if made available and buy the DVDs. and And I'll do whatever I have to do to make sure Sanctuary stays on as long as it can. So I'm asking, what can we do to help the show? Because I don't want it to be another Firefly.

I'm going to do my part and watch it.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I usually try most drama series on SciFi show. So I'll give Sancutary a chance. Me staying will depend on its quality
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

I'm always up for a new TV show. I plan on watching it. Considering there's alot of Stargate people going over to work on it, I'm looking forward to it. I also love CG VFX, so it could turn out to be a good mix.
        Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

where amanda goes, i follow.

well, except for the toilet.

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
            where amanda goes, i follow.

well, except for the toilet.

sally

Comment

I would swim the coldest ocean to see SANCTUARY
              sigpic
              (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

I'll wacth it too.

Comment

Um, whens it on? I dont watch the scifi channel much anymore so I dont know what their schedule is. Will it be on Fridays before Atlantis?
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
                    Um, whens it on? I dont watch the scifi channel much anymore so I dont know what their schedule is. Will it be on Fridays before Atlantis?
                    No, it's scheduled to replace Atlantis during the mid season break it starts October 3. It's a 2 hr premiere starting at 9pm and then it goes to Atlantis' 10pm slot for the remainder of the 13 eps.
                    -

Comment

Cool, I was thinking it would be on that night (fridays that is), and thus I would notice it.... but then saw this thread and thought maybe it was on another night and I would be missing it.
                      Thanks!!
                      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                        No, it's scheduled to replace Atlantis during the mid season break it starts October 3. It's a 2 hr premiere starting at 9pm and then it goes to Atlantis' 10pm slot for the remainder of the 13 eps.
                        RoX,

I'm confused (ok, so it's a constant state) Is SGA's mid season break going to be 13 weeks?

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                          I'm going to do my part and watch it.
                          me too, I'll definitely check it out
                          sigpic
                          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Well, I like what I've read so far, again, I'll do whatever I can to help the show and Amanda, and I'm very glad you guys will do the same . Give yourselfs a big .

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                              I made this little statement about why Sanctuary is worth watching, and why Amanda deserves it.

The one thing I love about any Sci-fi show or movie are the visual effects, I want something that'll leave you in Stargate did that for me, and I hope Sanctuary can deliver that too. Amanda and company have worked very long, and very hard and I'd like nothing more then to see them very well rewarded, in fact, Amanda had to reduce her acting salary, and completely take her producer's salary off the table All for budge constraints, so she's not making what she should. They did that in order to retain their creative control, and if they're ok with it, I'm ok with it. A lot of actors wouldn't want to cut back 2 salaries, and she should be getting a lot more $$$, I mean she's earned and deserves it. Wow, Amanda is such a team player, dying her hair, cutting back her salaries so much for the benefit of the show, I didn't think it was possible, but I love, respect and admire this woman so much more for doing that. It's attitude like that, that always makes a job all that much better. YOU ROCK AMANDA.

Which brings me to my next statement: I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly want the show to go on as long as it can, and be as big a success as it can, we already know the show's a hit online, and it wouldn't be coming to TV if it wasn't, and I know it's already in for 1 season, but I want to help the show go on anyway I can. I know you guys, and a lot of other people are going to watch it, but I feel like I want to do more than just watch it, I want to help it, I mean when I used to watch Scrubs, I'd have like 3 TV's on that channel just to help its ratings. Yeah, I also used to go to other message boards, write to the network, even sign/make petitions and send them to lots of related sites to have people sign it. What I'm saying is, and I know this may sound silly, but as fans we owe it to Amanda to keep the show going as long as it can. By that I mean, spread the word to friends, neighbors, famliy and strangers standing next to you in the clothing and grocery store , purchase the show on iTunes if made available and buy the DVDs. and And I'll do whatever I have to do to make sure Sanctuary stays on as long as it can. So I'm asking, what can we do to help the show? Because I don't want it to be another Firefly.
                              You sure do love Amanda . And yeah, I'll try to watch.

Comment

Working...
                              X