Sanctuary (114)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wass
    Really didn’t know but for some reason I like to old version it just looks better.
    Well, you will have to get use to it
    Its not that bad actually
    Though, it looks always looks like a mist and not and ascended
    "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Originally posted by alaskannut
      Yeah. By Me

*pulls out nuclear bomb in case anyone wants to argue*
      By me

*pulls out the H-Bomb in case anyone arguses*
      "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Walks by with a tollan phase shifter and grabs the girl. Bye bye

Comment

it seems to me people are confused about how they take human form, some people seem to think that everytime the ancients look human they are desending? they arn't! they are just changing the way they look. they dont lose powers or change anything but the way they look. to truly desend means to lose all powers and go back to your original form. the only reason orlin still knew all the ancient knowladge when he desended was because he was an ancient before hand.

Comment

Ah! This have to be my favorite episode Everyting is perfect..love it!
            Cant wait for a new episode, atlantis have a nice first season..

Some nice wallpapers fo Leonor Varela

Wallpapers

Comment

Originally posted by AsgardCarnage
              it seems to me people are confused about how they take human form, some people seem to think that everytime the ancients look human they are desending? they arn't! they are just changing the way they look. they dont lose powers or change anything but the way they look. to truly desend means to lose all powers and go back to your original form. the only reason orlin still knew all the ancient knowladge when he desended was because he was an ancient before hand.
              When an Ancient takes the appearance of a human, they are not solid, as Athar was. In "Ascension" Orlin had no physical form until he became entirely human and lost his powers. In "Abyss" Daniel appeared to Jack as a human, but Jack was able to throw a shoe through him, so he obviously was not fully human.

Athar, though, seemed to be able to alternate between forms at will. I believe the other Ancients gave her this unique ability so she could better defend Proculous. It is clear from everything we know about Ancients, that, with the obvious exception of Athar, once they retake human form, they cannot re-ascend without the others.
              Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                When an Ancient takes the appearance of a human, they are not solid, as Athar was. In "Ascension" Orlin had no physical form until he became entirely human and lost his powers. In "Abyss" Daniel appeared to Jack as a human, but Jack was able to throw a shoe through him, so he obviously was not fully human.

Athar, though, seemed to be able to alternate between forms at will. I believe the other Ancients gave her this unique ability so she could better defend Proculous. It is clear from everything we know about Ancients, that, with the obvious exception of Athar, once they retake human form, they cannot re-ascend without the others.
                Or that Orlin just wasn't as good as Athar was at manipulating solid matter. Might be an ability that took a great deal of time to master.... or their ascended abilities can vary from ascended being to ascended being for no apparent reason. We just don't know enough about the ascended ancients to come up with a real explanation. Hopefully we'll learn at some point next season.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                  Or that Orlin just wasn't as good as Athar was at manipulating solid matter. Might be an ability that took a great deal of time to master.... or their ascended abilities can vary from ascended being to ascended being for no apparent reason. We just don't know enough about the ascended ancients to come up with a real explanation. Hopefully we'll learn at some point next season.
                  maybe orlin was ascended but not an ancient? or maybe athar is just an older more powerful ancient or something... and i hope they bring her back
                  Ford: You know we still haven't named the planet yet
                  Sheppard: I'm sure the ancients have a name for it
                  Ford: How about atlantica? Something like that
                  Sheppard: I thought we agreed you were not going to name anything anymore

Comment

Although you all have intersting points, it's quite possible that most Ascended Ancients are all around the same age (give or take the lifespan of an Ancient). It may have been that Orlin was completely banished from the realm of the other Ancients, making any attempt to regain a human form a permanent one, or that Athar and the others of her cursed kind have been granted access to go to and fro ascencion, yet are bound to the protection of their own planet, forever.
                    Enter my game site...

Comment

opp's i forgot orlin couldn't touch anything.

i guess we will have to wait for the show to actully say what powers ancients have. maybe in season 8 of sg-1 "threads" i think it is will tell us for sure, or atleast give more detail

Comment

I was also glad that this episode confirms the Ancients did not refer to themselves as Ancients. Athar always made a point to say something like "those who you call the Ancients". My guess is that they are called Atlanteans (that is what the Wraith call them) and their capital city,their home, was Atlantis.

I had a feeling the whole time that Athar was an Atlantean. The way she walked around Atlantis felt like she has been there before.. and knows how every system works.. exactly. It must be funny to see us try to explain how some stuff works and what machines did what, etc...

Comment

Firstly, this was another fine episode with solid performances by all - even poor Lt Lightly Used got to say a very dramatic "Yes, Sir!" (will this become his "Indeed?")

I wonder if we'll see Chaya Sar again in Before I sleep?

As to the Daniel/Orlin/Chaya Sar thing: Different punishments for different crimes is my guess.

This is how I imagine Ancient politics to be:

Daniel was enlisted into a cult that operates just at the threshold of what the Ancients tolerate. When Daniel even tried to interfere in "matters mortal," Oma had to act quickly to "discipline" her disciple in order to avoid the wrath of the big brass. It was the newbie, or her whole operation. Daniel got the boot - all of it - 100% return to mortal status, "let's not file any paperwork 'cause none of this happened, okay?" type stuff.

Orlin the Ancient-who-figured-out-how-to-ascend, disobeyed the (arrogant, IMO) Prime Directive of the Ancients, but, he being a short-sighted, soft-hearted right wing liberal or some such political leaning, he got a really severe punishment for his crime from the politically left-leaning Ancients in power( arbitrary labels given for the sake of example): Orlin was given the sentence of living the rest of eternity as a genie in a bottle - a being of light with PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER - in a itty bitty living space devoid of people, or he could retake mortal form and eventually die.

Chaya Sar probably killed as many Wraith as the Velonans killed Jaffa/Goa'uld, but she did the killing, whereas Orlin taught the mortal Velonans how to do the dirty work and then these mortals tried to conquor other worlds. Therefore it stands to reason that Chaya Sar's punishment, though severe, would not be as severe as Orlin's.
                          Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                          "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                          One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                          resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                          confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                          A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                          The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

What happend to Sheppard in the end? What did Chaya Sar share with him?
                            If you look at pictures for the siege part 1 sheppard is useing the atlantis defence/attack chair.. Did he maybe get som more info\understanding of the atlantis? Maybe he find the chair..? Must say it one more time, this episode was so great, a magic episode..you can se to hive ships in this episode to

Hope we will see more of Chaya Sar, she was so great to be an "ancient" in the episode!

Comment

ok this is kinda off the whole "ascended descended" thing (which personally i think its proposterous that we're just going to say that she descends temporarily, but whatever)
                              uhm for the images from the ep, was i not paying attention or did that scene with her touching the child's face not happen?
                              Ford: You know we still haven't named the planet yet
                              Sheppard: I'm sure the ancients have a name for it
                              Ford: How about atlantica? Something like that
                              Sheppard: I thought we agreed you were not going to name anything anymore

Comment

I can't believe everybody's overlooking the awesome vfx. The Wraith fleet at the end was amazing. Dozens of Darts buzzing around in every direction, and a pair of hive ships in the distance. We still haven't seen a close up of one of those things yet. They're (cruelly) wetting our appetites for 'The Seige", I think.

a time to mourn

Comment

Working...
                                X