Alternate ending - Ronon saves the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternate ending - Ronon saves the day

Who else is tired of Shep saving the day? I do not mind it when he's doing something that is militarily sound however ramming a VERY VALUABLE ship into the side of a building is just stupid. It is unjustifiably stupid.

I think it is high time for Shep to realize that his daredevil routine is going to get someone killed. Or that just maybe he needs to forgive himself and realize that Ford was not his fault.

Anyway, the ending I would have preferred to watch last night.

Ronon would still blast his way through the door. He'd go all samurai and cut through the vines. The vines would capture him but he'd get out of it. Throw the sword in the air or some ridiculous thing. During this escape he loses his ear piece. Command and Shep think he's down.

Cut to Shep...He runs out and prepares to board the PJ. Shep retains the same dialog but the audience is aware that Ronan is still still moving towards Keller.

Cut to Ronan fighting his way to Keller again. Honestly a flame thrower would probably be the only means but he's Super Samurai Ronan today. He lunges towards her and is thrown back by the concussion. Shep's idiot plan knocks Ronan out but wait he managed to inject Keller.

Shep walks out realizes that Ronan and covered in vines. You could even have the same position as before. As the seeds last act Shep is stabbed by a vine b/c he's an idiot.

Woosley proceeds to tear Shep a new one for destroying a PJ, isolation room, possibly allowing the seed to grow, and nearly killing both Ronan and Keller. Someone can tell Shep that you're not always the guy. You need to trust your team.

Later in the season maybe even next episode you could have Ronon turn on Shep....

Anyway just some thoughts.

I actually like that Ronon didn't save the day in this episode because Ronon is always portrayed as virtually super human in strength and endurance. It's nice to see some more realistic outcomes for his heroics like in Outcast.

Comment

the puddle jumper wasnt totaled. He had the shield up. At the most, it may need some light body work and new paint job.

Comment

Puddle Jumpers normally don't have shields
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Puddle Jumpers normally don't have shields
          What makes you say that?

Comment

I rather liked the ending

But, I wouldn't mind Ronon saving the day, but in this instance, I think it was good to see Ronon incapacitated, because he's rarely seen like that. He's so strong and pretty invulnerable, I liked to see him all tied up!

I do agree Shep saves the day a lot. However, he's the hero and lead, so it's par for the course, I'm afraid.
            sigpic

Comment

In Grace Under Pressure, Zelenka says that giving the Jumpers sheids seriously drains the power of a Jumper so sheilds are only used in extreme cases. Also it takes some tweaking to the Jumper to incorparate sheilds
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Yeah it's getting rather tiresome with either Shep saving the day or Rodney saving the day............It happens far too frequently......Let different people save the day for once!
                sigpic

Comment

I'll agree that shields drain power but I don't recall it ever being necessary to tweak a jumper to give it shields. And if it's possible to have a personal shield generator that fits in your palm then something as large as a jumper should definitely have shields.

Comment

Lol, hes pretty much the main character. Thats like saying WTF MACGUYVER SAVED THE DAY AGAIN on macguyver. lol?

Comment

Umm did you watch any episodes besides this one? They said in Grace under pressure and some other episodes I think that they had to make the cloak into one that the jumpers don't have them naturally. The cloak can hide them form virtually anything so there was never any real need for shields until now.

I really wish that Teyla could save the day sometimes. Has she ever been the real heroine?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                        Lol, hes pretty much the main character. Thats like saying WTF MACGUYVER SAVED THE DAY AGAIN on macguyver. lol?
                        It's different.......That other show is called MacGyver so of course he's gonna save the day but this show isn't called Sheppard...It's Stargate Atlantis and it's about the team,not just one man......Well it's supposed to be anyway....I mean on SG-1 O'Neill was the main man but you didn't see him saving the day all the time
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by padr49904 View Post
                          I really wish that Teyla could save the day sometimes. Has she ever been the real heroine?
                          Not that i can recall....It seems to be that only the guys are allowed to save the day
                          sigpic

Comment

It's been said that they need to convert the cloak into a shield so it's not as simple as pushing a button and having shield up. When Zelenka was first doing it took him hours to reconfigure it and whether they've figured out how to do it faster since then or not, the shield wasn't up in this particular case (when he crashed into the building the shield would've become visible if it was on). But, even without the shield that was hardly enough force to destroy the jumper. I doubt there's even any damage to repair.

Comment

I thought a such alternate ending, when Sheppard flew away with the jumper and he let Atlantis be destroyed.
                              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                              X