No announcement yet.

The New "Ark of Truth"!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK you know I respect your continuation of SG1 but this is starting to get a little much, I don't understand how you can respect a show enough to want to continue it, yet think the people who made it cant do it well enough?

theres a fine line between picking up a story and changing it, and thats what you've done.

Why even rewrite it when half of it is the same?

just because you don't care for a story doesn't mean you can rewrite it, just let it be....
    [kick ass signature coming soon]

Comment

Originally posted by Apollo214 View Post
      OK you know I respect your continuation of SG1 but this is starting to get a little much, I don't understand how you can respect a show enough to want to continue it, yet think the people who made it cant do it well enough?
      I loved SG-1, and I continue to love Atlantis. I didn't, however, like "Ark of Truth." I felt it focused too much on the Replicators, didn't pull together all the plotlines it should've, and all around ignored the issues surounding the Ark.

theres a fine line between picking up a story and changing it, and thats what you've done.
      This has nothing to do with my continuation of SG-1, this is a completely separate project... mostly for me own entertainment and to give others an idea of how I would have loved to see the Ori arc wrapped up.

Why even rewrite it when half of it is the same?
      Just because the first 20 minutes are the same doesn't mean half of it will be... besides, this will probably be longer than the original anyway.

just because you don't care for a story doesn't mean you can rewrite it, just let it be...
      Sure I can. This isn't for any purpose besides entertainment, I'm making no money off this... honestly I can't see where you're coming from.
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Really to be honest, I don't think the Ori storyline could have been finished in one movie without a deus ex machina plotline being involved.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Pretty cool so far.
          sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Very nice. I could really feel it when things went way different.

Comment

well it was better this time. but dont you think it took a little too much? the oddy could take a ori ship 1-on-1

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
                Really to be honest, I don't think the Ori storyline could have been finished in one movie without a deus ex machina plotline being involved.
                why not? there could be B5 ending, or ascended war.
                Stolen Kosovo
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                  why not? there could be B5 ending, or ascended war.
                  A war that would not be percieved as such by the corporeal plane and B5 had an entire season to do that really. I'm just saying that an Ori arc would have been done better with another season rather then a movie but meh.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
                    A war that would not be percieved as such by the corporeal plane and B5 had an entire season to do that really. I'm just saying that an Ori arc would have been done better with another season rather then a movie but meh.
                    I know, but I'm really getting sick of those magical boxes, Alteran superweapons. It's too easy and convinient.
                    Stolen Kosovo
                    sigpic

Comment

Stargate: The Ark of Truth
                      Act V
                      Spoiler:
                      CUT TO: EXT - PLANET IN ORI GALAXY, DAY

[We see a medeival-style village on a planet in the ORI GALAXY, very similar to the one VALA lived in for some time with TOMIN.]

CUT TO: INT - TAVERN, DAY

[DANIEL and VALA, both dressed in local costume and DANIEL without his glasses, sit at a table in the tavern. DANIEL sees MERLIN sitting in a corner table with other people, watching him.]

DANIEL:
                      (re: MERLIN, to VALA)
                      You see that?

VALA:
                      What?

[VALA looks where DANIEL indicates. They both see an old man, not MERLIN, sitting with others.]

VALA:
                      That old man? What about him?

DANIEL:
                      (Absently)
                      Nothing.

VALA:
                      (Smiling)
                      Glad we had this chat.
                      (Concerned)
                      You okay?

DANIEL:
                      (Distracted)
                      Yeah, I'm fine. In fact, I get the feeling we're on the right track.

VALA:
                      And that's... bad?

DANIEL:
                      (Absently)
                      Could be. Makes me think of the methods an old friend used to use...

[VALA, confused, continues to watch DANIEL and glance to where he's staring. TOMIN approaches the table with a local man, and they sit.]

TOMIN:
                      (to others)
                      This is Hertis. Hertis, this is Daniel.
                      (Motioning to VALA)
                      Vala, my wife.

[VALA gulps.]

TOMIN:
                      (Frowning)
                      We are still married.

VALA:
                      (Sotto voce)
                      Yes, well...
                      (Beat)
                      Later.

HERTIS:
                      (to DANIEL and VALA)
                      Tomin tells me you've not heard the rumor that the fires of Celestis have diminished. According to the Priors... their flames are low and without their former vigor. Almost as if they are suffocating.

[DANIEL and VALA are startled.]

VALA:
                      (Shocked)
                      Really?

DANIEL:
                      (Glancing around)
                      Uh, I assume Tomin also explained that we're not from around here.

[HERTIS leans back and crosses his arms, nodding.]

HERTIS:
                      That he did. Still, I'm surprised. Such news would have spread far and wide.

VALA:
                      You would think. But perhaps Tomin didn't explain exactly how far away we live.

TOMIN:
                      (to DANIEL)
                      The Priors have seen this as a sign that the Ori are not pleased.

HERTIS:
                      (re: the PRIORS)
                      They say our efforts against the crusade of evil are not enough. That we must do more.

TOMIN:
                      As I told you, many more ships have been built. They will be ready to embark within days.
                      (Serious)
                      From what we have heard, this fleet is far larger than those sent into the stars before... they say it can block out the sun.

[There's a long beat as DANIEL and VALA process this. They are no doubt also worried about the JAFFA/TOK'RA fleet standing guard at the SUPERGATE.]

HERTIS:
                      (Quietly)
                      Tomin also tells me you seek the true location of Ortus Mallum.

VALA:
                      (Eagerly)
                      We do.

[She belatedly realizes she was too eager. DANIEL refrains from glaring.]

HERTIS:
                      (Intrigued)
                      I'm curious. What makes you think such a place actually exists in the real world?

DANIEL:
                      You don't believe all that is written in the Book of Origin to be based on some true historical event?

HERTIS:
                      (Sternly, glancing around)
                      What I believe is not the issue.

DANIEL:
                      (Grinning)
                      You want me to tell you what I believe?

HERTIS:
                      (Sternly)
                      No. I want you to prove it.

[VALA smiles at DANIEL.]

VALA:
                      Well, that we can do.

CUT TO: INT - ODYSSEY, BRIEFING ROOM

[HERTIS looks down through the window at his world below him. Surprised, he turns to face SG-1 and TOMIN. TEAL'C stands stoically in the corner.]

HERTIS:
                      (Explaining)
                      There are ruins of a city high in the mountains that border the plains of Celestis. That is believed to be the location the Book of Origin references as the birthplace of evil.

DANIEL:
                      (Amused)
                      Well, it makes sense; the Ori followers built their holy city on the planet where their gods triumphed over the Alterans.

TOMIN:
                      (Thinking)
                      Celestis is not on this planet, though.

[CARTER steps forward, picking up a tablet computer.]

CARTER:
                      (to TOMIN)
                      You got us here. If we showed you a starmap, could you pinpoint the location of Celestis for us?

[After a beat, TOMIN shrugs and nods. But MITCHELL seems worried, and stands straighter.]

MITCHELL:
                      Whoa, whoa, whoa... we're talking about the Vatican of the Ori followers here, right?

TOMIN:
                      (Nodding)
                      Yes. And it will doubtless be heavily defended from orbit.
                      (Glancing at CARTER)
                      Your vessel's strength is impressive, but even it would be hard-pressed to defeat the armada awaiting it at Celestis.

CARTER:
                      (Frowning)
                      We need to get to that planet, Tomin.
                      (Beat)
                      Is there any other way to get there?

TOMIN:
                      (Slowly)
                      Yes... there is...
                      (Quickly)
                      But it would be extremely dangerous.

MITCHELL:
                      Why?

TOMIN:
                      The holy city's portal.
                      (Beat, off others' looks)
                      Its... its...
                      (Thinking)
                      Its stargate.

[MITCHELL and the others all exchange shocked looks.]

MITCHELL:
                      (Incredulous)
                      It had a gate this whole time? Why didn't you tell us!

TOMIN:
                      (Warily)
                      Because attempting to use it would be suicide. The portal is protected by the Ori themselves; they allow through only their most devout of followers. All others are...
                      (Quietly)
                      ...are killed.

CARTER:
                      (Confused)
                      What do you mean? Do they have some sort of stargate shield? Like our iris?

DANIEL:
                      (Realizing)
                      No.
                      (to CARTER)
                      Sam, the Ori are the iris; they use their powers to destroy anyone attempting to use the gate that they don't want coming.

VALA:
                      But the Ori are dead.

DANIEL:
                      (Shaking his head)
                      The fires aren't completely out, though. Which means at least some of them survived...

[VALA's eyes widen.]

VALA:
                      (Quietly)
                      Or just a single extremely powerful one...

MITCHELL:
                      (Nodding)
                      Adria.

[TOMIN looks from VALA to MITCHELL, confused.]

TOMIN:
                      (Confused)
                      The Orici?
                      (to VALA)
                      You told me she died on this very starship.

VALA:
                      (Shaking her head)
                      It's complicated... she died, yes, but she also managed to ascend.
                      (Explaining)
                      She was always an Ori in human form, Tomin. When she died, she merely shed that form and became what she was always meant to be. One of...
                      (Beat, quietly)
                      One of them.

DANIEL:
                      Either way, there's at least one Ori left alive. And going by the powers of the Alterans, that would be enough to stop us.
                      (Beat)
                      Provided her attention isn't elsewhere.

MITCHELL:
                      (Confused)
                      Jackson, what do you mean?

DANIEL:
                      (Thinking)
                      If the Odyssey were to arrive in orbit, there's a good chance Adria will focus all her efforts on making sure it's destroyed.
                      (Glancing at CARTER and MITCHELL)
                      While you hold her off, the rest of us can gate into the city itself. If the Ori ever did find the Ark, we'll know.

VALA:
                      And if they haven't?

DANIEL:
                      Then we'll find it.

CUT TO: EXT - ORTUS MALLUM REGION, DAY

[On the now-forested mountaintops of ORTUS MALLUM, dozens of ORI SOLDIERS are hard at work digging. ORI FIGHTERS patrol the skies, and a MOTHERSHIP can be seen sitting at the foot of the peak. As the camera zooms in, a PRIOR can be seen overseeing the excavation. A lone SOLDIER approaches him.]

ORI SOLDIER:
                      (to PRIOR)
                      Prior, we may have found something.

[The PRIOR glances at the SOLDIER carelessly, sighing.]

PRIOR:
                      (Coldly)
                      Many others over the countless years have said that of this place. Pray that you are not as mistaken as they.

ORI SOLDIER:
                      (Scared)
                      No, Prior, I pray I am not...
                      (Beat)
                      If I may ask, though, why are the Ori suddenly so interested in this evil place?

PRIOR:
                      The ways of the Ori are not for you to question...
                      (Beat)
                      But let us say that they have had a... divine revelation. One of our brothers learned of a dark artifact that may lie buried here... and died for it.

CUT TO: INT - TAVERN, NIGHT

[In the TAVERN visited by DANIEL and VALA earlier, two ORI SOLDIERS grip HERTIS tightly while a PRIOR places his hand on HERTIS' forehead. Suddenly, the PRIOR's staff begins to glow, and HERTIS cries out in agony.]

CUT TO: ORTUS MALLUM REGION, DAY

[Shaking, the SOLDIER nods and gestures to a dig site a little ways into the forest. The PRIOR follows him.]

CUT TO: INT - FOREST, DAY

[Deep in the woods, a group of ORI SOLDIERS are uncovering a rock slab in the middle of a clearing. When the slab refuses to budge, the lead SOLDIER raises his staff and fires into it, shattering the rock. A dark TUNNEL is revealed, leading underground.]

PRIOR:
                      (Offscreen)
                      Ah... and what have we here?

[The PRIOR approaches the TUNNEL and raises his staff high. Suddenly, the TUNNEL is flooded with light.]

ORI SOLDIER:
                      (re: the light)
                      The gods are pleased?

PRIOR:
                      (Smiling)
                      Very pleased, indeed...
                      (to SOLDIERS)
                      Come. Let us see what you have unearthed...

[The group descends into the TUNNEL.]
                      Last edited by s09119; 15 January 2011, 05:01 PM.
                      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

This promises to be good. I like it much better than the movie; gives the Ori back their brains.

Of course, I was okay with the movie as well, so I'm not an AoT basher...
                        sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Annnnd moving on:

Stargate: The Ark of Truth
                          Act VI
                          Spoiler:
                          CUT TO: EXT - SPACE, P3Y-229

[Establishing shot of the cross-species fleet defending the SUPERGATE.]

CUT TO: INT - TOK'RA HA'TAK, PEL'TAK

[A few TOK'RA OPERATIVES stand in the PEL'TAK, going over system logs and sensor readings. Everyone seems apprehensive, but also somewhat at ease. CARTER's reassurance seems to have had an effect.

Suddenly, one of the displays flashes, and a GOA'ULD-esque alarm blares.]

TOK'RA OPERATIVE 1:
                          (Rushing to console, in flanged voice)
                          What's going on?

[The OPERATIVE brings up a sensor display, but there's nothing but the floating blue dots of the FLEET. Then, suddenly, a RED BLIP appears.]

TOK'RA OPERATIVE 2:
                          (Off displays, in flanged voice)
                          Ori mothership!

CUT TO: EXT - SPACE, P3Y-229

[A hyperspace window opens and an ORI CRUISER emerges, quickly approaching the FLEET. Already, some HA'TAK are turning to engage, launching death gliders as quickly as possible.]

CUT TO: INT - TOK'RA HA'TAK, PEL'TAK

[The TOK'RA are getting men to weapons control stations as quick as they can, and their ship is turning to fire on the ORI CRUISER. Outside, blasts of plasma can be seen flashing by.]

TOK'RA OPERATIVE 1:
                          (to others, in flanged voice)
                          Divert all power to forward batteries and shields. We must hold the line!
                          (Quietly, to himself)
                          Or at the very least go down trying...

[Just as it rotates out of view, he glances out the window at the SUPERGATE, remembering that everyone is counting on SG-1 and their mission.]

CUT TO: EXT - HYPERSPACE

[Establishing shot of the ODYSSEY in HYPERSPACE.]

CUT TO: INT - ODYSSEY, HALLWAY

[MITCHELL and CARTER step out of an elevator in a semi-crowded HALLWAY. MARRICK stands in the corridor, blocking their path.]

MITCHELL:
                          (to CARTER, whispering)
                          Oh boy...
                          (to MARRICK)
                          Yes, Mister Marrick?

MARRICK:
                          (re: HERTIS, angry)
                          Why was I not notified that you had someone onboard with new intel about Ori army activity?

MITCHELL:
                          (with false innocence)
                          Well, I'm sure I called for you. There was no answer.
                          (Thinking)
                          Oh wait! I may not have pressed the comm button all the way down. Wow, I must've looked stupid standing there talking to myself. Anyway, if you'll excuse us.

[CARTER nods and smiles in agreement with MITCHELL. They both start forward, but MARRICK holds up his hand.]

MARRICK:
                          Colonel, I'm sure I don't need to remind you about protocol.

MITCHELL:
                          We are all going to find the Ark, Mister Marrick. It's just too late for you not to join us.
                          (Beat)
                          Besides, we left Hertis on Ver... Ver...
                          (to CARTER)
                          What was it called?

CARTER:
                          (Smiling)
                          Ver Suvia. Think Mt. Vesuvius.

MITCHELL:
                          (to MARRICK)
                          Yeah, what she said. We left him back on his world, so what do you know, no new intel after all.

[MITCHELL steps off to one side, but MARRICK blocks him.]

MARRICK:
                          (Coldly)
                          You were granted the use of this ship, the most valuable asset Earth currently has at its disposal, to prevent any further Ori vessels from getting through the Supergate.

MITCHELL:
                          And that's what we're gonna do.

MARRICK:
                          (Incensed)
                          Do you or do you not have reliable intelligence that more Ori ships are about to leave? And even if you don't, is there a reason you're taking us on a suicide mission to the Ori capital?

[MITCHELL turns and exchanges an annoyed look with CARTER.]

MITCHELL:
                          (to MARRICK)
                          Stay out of my way.

[MITCHELL and CARTER finally move past. MARRICK follows.]

PAN TO: INT - ODYSSEY, BRIDGE

MARRICK:
                          Your instructions were clear, Colonel.

MITCHELL:
                          We're not there yet.
                          (to MARKS)
                          Major Marks, I want the Asgard weapons charged and ready to go as soon as we drop out.

MARKS:
                          (Nodding)
                          Yes, sir.

MARRICK:
                          (Angrily)
                          You have no idea how much time we have. I am not going to sacrifice this mission, Earth, or our galaxy for some fool's quest!

MITCHELL:
                          (Shouting)
                          Then replace me!
                          (Beat)
                          You have the authority. Go ahead. Replace me.

[MITCHELL gestures to the chair. The bridge crew have all stopped and are staring at the exchange. CARTER glares at MARRICK, who glances around, then backs away, sneering at MITCHELL. Finally, he leaves.

The crew gives a collective sigh of relief and return to their duties.]

MITCHELL:
                          (Low, to Carter)
                          You sure you don't want the chair?

CARTER:
                          (Smiling)
                          Nooo. It's all yours.

[MITCHELL sits in the chair, sighing. CARTER comes over and grabs his shoulders from behind.]

CARTER:
                          Got your back, though.

[She pats his shoulders and steps aside.]

MITCHELL:
                          (Smiling)
                          Thanks. Good to know someone does.

CUT TO: INT - ODYSSEY, CORRIDORS

[MARRICK heads to a door labeled: "WARNING Severely Restricted Access". He uses his keycard to enter, then heads down another CORRIDOR and pauses in front of another door with the same sign. He uses his card and enters... revealing the ASGARD CORE.]

PAN TO: INT - ODYSSEY, ASGARD CORE ROOM

[MARRICK heads to the ASGARD CORE and opens one of the side panels. A tray containing several Asgard CRYSTALS is exposed. He pulls out one of the CRYSTALS, then pulls out a near-identical one from his coveralls. His CRYSTAL, though, has a computer microchip installed on either side. MARRICK looks at both sides and places his modified version in the CORE.]

The CORE activates. MARRICK studies his watch, waiting.]

CUT TO: EXT - SPACE, CELESTIS ORBIT

[Half a dozen ORI MOTHERSHIPS sit in orbit over CELESTIS, with an additional one returning from the surface, emerging from the atmosphere. The planet is covered in a lush forest, and there is a mysterious, almost-glowing patch of land directly below most of the fleet. That is the HOLY CITY.

Quite suddenly, a hyperspace window opens and the ODYSSEY emerges, drifting some ways away from the ORI ships.]

CUT TO: INT - ODYSSEY, BRIDGE

[MITCHELL and CARTER stand on the BRIDGE, looking down at the fleet. At once, MITCHELL turns to the rest of the crew, looking grim but determined.]

MITCHELL:
                          (to MARKS)
                          Major Marks, take us in. Transfer as much power as you can to the shields, I don't care where it comes from.
                          (to CARTER)
                          Are they here yet?

[CARTER goes over to a terminal and brings up a sensor log of some kind. She glances at MITCHELL and shakes her head.]

CARTER:
                          I'm not picking up any gate activity on the sensors, and they're on the highest possible sensitivity.
                          (Beat, worried)
                          They've had more than enough time to get to the stargate on Ver Suvia, why haven't they arrived...?

CUT TO: EXT - VILLAGE, STARGATE PLAZA

[On HERTIS' planet, DANIEL, VALA, TOMIN, and TEAL'C are crouching behind a stack of barrels, looking at a STARGATE guarded by three ORI SOLDIERS. They duck down and talk amongst themselves for a moment, revealing their combat gear and weapons... they're taking a risk wearing them openly.]

TEAL'C:
                          (Quietly)
                          Three men... incapacitating them should not be a problem.

[TOMIN and DANIEL nod.]

VALA:
                          (Frowning)
                          That doesn't mean we have to kill them though, Muscles...
                          (Pulling out a zat)
                          Isn't that what the Goa'uld invented these for?

[TEAL'C smiles at her, bowing his head. DANIEL turns to TOMIN then.]

DANIEL:
                          (Worried)
                          Now you're sure you know the correct address?

TOMIN:
                          (Nodding)
                          It was some time ago, but a Prior led me through the portal once before, to meet with the Doci himself on matters of the crusade. I remember the symbols he touched, yes.
                          (Beat)
                          I won't fail you, Dr. Jackson.

[DANIEL nods at him.]

DANIEL:
                          (to others)
                          Well, ready?

VALA:
                          (Shrugging)
                          Sure.

TEAL'C:
                          Indeed.

[The four quickly stand, TOMIN revealing that he is dressed in a lighter form of ORI armor and carrying one of their STAFF WEAPONS and a STUNNER GAUNTLET. While the three SG-1 members aim and fire their ZATS, he fires his GAUNTLET, achieving the same goal.

The three ORI SOLDIERS, taken off guard, are easily stunned and fall to the ground. At once, the four rush to the DHD; DANIEL and TOMIN work at the controls while TEAL'C and VALA hide the bodies.]

TOMIN:
                          (Thinking)
                          Okay...
                          (Looking over the DHD)
                          Nas... Nium... Proc... Vela...

[DANIEL, looking on, realizes that TOMIN is actually speaking the names of the symbols, as JACK O'NEILL once did when he was invowed with ANCIENT KNOWLEDGE ("Lost City").]

TOMIN:
                          (Continuing)
                          ...Cel... Mina... Oras.

[He touches the final symbol, then hits the activation dome. At once, the STARGATE activates, lighting the plaza with its glow.]

DANIEL:
                          (Thumping TOMIN on back)
                          Nice!

TOMIN:
                          (Smiling weakly)
                          Thank you... but never did I think I would be using one of the gods' own portals in an attempt to destroy them...

[TOMIN pauses for a moment, then shakes his head and nods.]

TOMIN:
                          (to DANIEL)
                          I'm ready.

[DANIEL nods back, then motions for TEAL'C and VALA. Together, the four of them rush up the steps and walk through the EVENT HORIZON.]
                          Last edited by s09119; 02 February 2011, 08:21 PM.

Comment

VERY nice. now this is going somewhere. can we see repli's in action?

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                              VERY nice. now this is going somewhere. can we see repli's in action?
                              Positiveness is good And I'm still on the fence about the Replicators...

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                                Positiveness is good And I'm still on the fence about the Replicators...
                                oh no, please be merciful and leave bugs alone. They ruined original movie and your fanfic is really great. I don't want to be it ruined by bugs

we need ascended beings, Adria, the Ori, the Others
                                Stolen Kosovo
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X