Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti-Woolsey Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Anti-Woolsey Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

I'm new to this board, I had to join to express my outrage. This is who they brought into replace Carter? To lead an ancient city? This weasel?! He couldn't command a group of 3 year old kids much, much less an entire city. AWW the whole idea of the character coming over to lead drives me nuts, and how he did it makes me crazy!!! He doesn't even look like a leader He kicked out a great leader, he took away Carter's job, just to have his chance to shine. AND THAT'S WRONG, JUST WRONG!!!

Poor atlantis, it's doomed, he chickens out at the first sigh of trouble, he hides behind the real heroes of the show.

He needs to go, I hope he leaves after one season I'd much rather have Carter back, or Weir, even young O'Neill, anyone's better than this fool. Anyone agree?

Sorry, but this guy is no leader-

Spoiler:

I have misgivings...about people who bash characters before they even appear in their role. Granted, Woolsey has been in previous episodes of both Atlantis and SG1, but we don't know how he is going to be in Atlantis now. My point is...Shouldn't we wait until he has been given a chance to perform in a new role before we begin voicing misgivings and complaints?

And if you're mad about him taking Carter's position... There are other reasons behind the story of the show that contribute to that move...
    Spoiler:
    ...it's because Amanda Tapping had a contract for one more year, which I think is why she was on Atlantis in the first place. Plus, one reason why she isn't returning is because she is starring and in charge of her new show, Sanctuary, which was originally an internet series, but is going to become a SciFi Channel original series after Atlantis' 5th season is done.
    Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

Season 5 thread vs. General Discussions board, where should we put this?

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
        Season 5 thread vs. General Discussions board, where should we put this?
        My money is on the Charcters folder.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Kickoutwoolsey View Post
          He kicked out a great leader, he took away Carter's job, just to have his chance to shine. AND THAT'S WRONG, JUST WRONG!!!
          Just to clarify, for the sake of my curiousity: Was Woolsey actually the one who fired Sam as leader of the Atlantis expedition and replaced her with himself or was it somebody higher up the food chain who wanted Sam gone and chose Woolsey as her replacement?

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

A Wraith Named Bob (cracking user name by the way), I couldn't agree more. I have a lot of faith in the behind the scenes folk (writers, directors, producers etc..) to make the change in command from Carter to Woolsey smooth but as dramatic as it should be, given the origins of the character being something of a pain in the backside for both SG1 and Atlantis. Atlantis has given me four seasons of great entertainment, and I love how (unlike programmes like Star Trek), it isn't afraid to mix things up by bringing in new characters. It keeps the stories fresh and the drama always at a high. Of course I was sad to lose Beckett at the time (I've met McGillion in person at the Milton Keynes expo and he was such a lad, an absolute pleasure to talk to), but changes such as his death, and now, Carter's demotion from command, helps inject variety into a franchise which, lets face it, has done well to stay at the top of its game for a very long time. Finally, I'm a huge fan of Bob Picardo as an actor, and have always enjoyed him coming over to Stargate and playing a very different character to the Doctor from Voyager. His dramatic range is excellent, his comic timing masterful, and I can't wait to see what stories the writers have in store. "Kickoutwoolsey" (I'm loving the irony of your username), give him a chance!!

And although I don't want the forum ninjas to come down on me for an off topic comment, I have to say i'm not a fan off these "I Love Stargate/I Hate Stargate/I'm anti *insert character, show or story here*" threads, but they exist on these boards so not much I can do!

Comment

I am slightly pissed about this. I LOVE sam Carter and it totally sucks now that she won't be on as often.
              Spoiler:
              but amanda tapping is doing Sancutary and that is gonna be on sci-fi in October so at least she'll still be on TV ^__^ yay
              i mean don't get me wrong, i love the actor ....i just can't stand that pencil- paper pushing stiff Woosley lols. ^^
              ~Dani

Spoiler:

MCSHEP FOREVER!!!!!!!!
              Sheppard <3's Rodney! YAY! LOLS!
              Happily floating in Mckay Heaven <3
              sigpic

Comment

Woopsie, yes, that's what I meant... Silly vacation that I just had, it made me lose my board titles!

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

I'm new to this board, I had to join to express my outrage. This is who they brought into replace Carter? To lead an ancient city? This weasel?! He couldn't command a group of 3 year old kids much, much less an entire city. AWW the whole idea of the character coming over to lead drives me nuts, and how he did it makes me crazy!!! He doesn't even look like a leader He kicked out a great leader, he took away Carter's job, just to have his chance to shine. AND THAT'S WRONG, JUST WRONG!!!

Poor atlantis, it's doomed, he chickens out at the first sigh of trouble, he hides behind the real heroes of the show.

He needs to go, I hope he leaves after one season I'd much rather have Carter back, or Weir, even young O'Neill, anyone's better than this fool. Anyone agree?

Spoiler:
                  Because Leader's really want to be the kind of people who'll jump into battle at the first sign of danger and get themselves killed. We've removed the Wraith and the Asurans as a danger from Pegasus, we don't need more swashbucklers being heroes and making more enemies; having a Leader who'll actually consider Earth's best interests at heart, being disciplined and rule-abiding isn't a bad thing.

It's possibly one thing Atlantis needs- awaking the Wraith, awakening the Asurans, creating Michael and his Army (horrible unethical too); having a strict leader is a good thing; Woolsey's perfect for the job and will also develop his character, hopefully.

Don't jump the gun just yet, it may be an interesting Season with interesting dynamics, being both internal and external for the Lost City.

And don't judge a book by it's cover; Atlantis doesn't need a battle-scared Rambo as it's leader; a bespectacled bureaucrat would make just as good, if not better leader.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                    Just to clarify, for the sake of my curiousity: Was Woolsey actually the one who fired Sam as leader of the Atlantis expedition and replaced her with himself or was it somebody higher up the food chain who wanted Sam gone and chose Woolsey as her replacement?
                    I think the IOA (International Oversight Advisory or Agency) decided it. They always have a lot of control over things.
                    Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

Spoiler:
                      I normally don't come to these anti threads, but I just to get this out of my system. First of all, I really like RP, I really do, but Woolsey has never really tried to be likeable.

Lets start with Woolsey: mean look at his record- In S7 when Dr. Fraiser was killed, he questioned their competence and how they run things, thus adding to the hardship. Later he tried to help Kinsey take over the SGC by telling the president of all their mistakes over the years, got Hammond replaced by Weir, and almost stopped SG-1 from finding what they needed to stop Anubis' fleet. In S9 at the Gamma site he questioned their competence again, and told Carter he'd make things worse of the SGC if something happened to them. Had it not have been for Carter's quick thinking in getting out a signal to the Odyssey, they could have been killed. In S10 he wanted to have Daniel executed for being a prior. And in S3 of Atlantis he chickened when replicators showed up, let Jack down, and they used him in a plan because they knew he couldn't take torture. Now he tells Sam at point blank range he's taking her place. All those things show he just isn't good leader material.

Now Sam: When a group of people work together for quite some time in a team, they begin to know one another, that leads friendship, that leads to trust, and after a while a sorta bond forms. And the most important member of that team is the leader, and a great leader must always put their, (or in this case "herself") people ahead of everything, especially herself. Carter is a great leader, because she'll try to befriend you, defend you, and we'll give you a chance to shine. That being said, I just don't think Woolsey's there yet.
                      Last edited by Rocky89; 17 July 2008, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Hes kinda like a white samuel l jackson. O.o Ok maybe the compelte opposite in every way.

Comment

I blame the Producers of this show for Woolsey taking over command. If they were doing their job they would have realized that Amanda Tapping wasn't able to commit to the job with her other interests being more important. The weasel character of Woolsey is an insult to what's left of the Stargate legacy, Atlantis is hard enough to watch as it is. IMHO of course and just my 2 cents.

Comment

I am glad. Robert Picardo is a good actor. And I was really getting tired of wussified carter.

Comment

I am going to give him a chance before I decide if I am Anti Woosley, I never liked the character but I think giving him a chance is ok.

Comment

Working...
                              X