No announcement yet.

Teyla Got It Wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe Mallozzi in his blog suggests that Tagan was her mother's name, so I'm going with that. Tegan is a woman's name on Earth, after all, it's not that weird.

Comment

Originally posted by BubblingOverWithIdeas View Post
      Joe Mallozzi in his blog suggests that Tagan was her mother's name, so I'm going with that. Tegan is a woman's name on Earth, after all, it's not that weird.
      I have no doubt that he did, but it wasn't mentioned until people online and in fandom came up with the idea. I don't think he and the other PTB even realised they'd made a mistake.

Comment

I don't think they made a mistake. It has never been said on screen that Tagan was her father just that she was the daughter of Tagan. There has been an assumption by many (not all) that Tagan was her father, so the mistake has been made by fandom.

Comment

We're going to have to agree to disagree. I've never seen evidence of the PTB acknowledge/refer to a matriarchal society in all the episodes. That's not to say that they can't exist, just that the writers haven't even alluded to exploring that concept.

Comment

Thats fine . I haven't thought about it much in terms of a matriarcal society. I have previously put forward the hypothesis that she introduced herself as daughter of Tagan as a way of proving her trading credentials rather than her leadership credentials. Sheppard and team were introduced as men wanting to trade rather than to ally etc. Maybe Tagan was a women with great trading skills and known around the Pegasus Galaxy for these skills and Teyla was playing up that part of her heritage. Just a thought.

Comment

It may have been a mistake, but because people have two parents it is easily remedied. It is no surprise that J & T continued to have a strong friendship. TPTB simply refused to let us see it. In Sunday, John says that they hang out together. Ronon and Elizabeth know about Kannan... clearly a lot was going on that we didn't get to see.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X