Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey gateworld poscast. I just listened to your last few shows about the end of SGU and it seemed like you guys were getting some hate about something or other on show that really seemed to bother you guys. Granted I have not listened to very many episodes of your podcast but from what I have heard I have not only really liked it but also thought that it was a very well done poscast.

Please dont ever let peoples negativity get to you so much. You do a great service for fans of ALL the stargate shows and just please know that most of us really appricate everything you have done and will do.

On another note, I just want to say that I do beleive that if th fans were organized enough we could get something out of MGM in terms of SGU. I got my ex hooked on the show right before it ended and I beleive that if someone like her could turn onto SGU then others could as well. I think we just need to be organaized and have leadership. If you guys started a movement of some kind I really think something could happen even at this late stage. Dont give up guys!

Comment

Im really sad that their havnt been any podcasts lately

Comment

Thank-you David and Diana for the "Becoming Infinite" podcast, it was unexpected! It's good for listeners to be able to leave voice comments, because it's much easier, and safer, in a way, to write a comment, than it is to voice it. I sounded different than I expected, and it made me consider how I express my thoughts: thanks for the practice!

I hope you will discuss the new scifi films coming out this summer in the next podcast: "Prometheus" looks to be very cool, about technology giving us the power of "gods and engineers of space" that was quoted of Ridley Scott on Wikipedia. I am also looking forward to "Total Recall" and its moral dilemmas around identity, and how technology can expand or dilute who we think we are, and a future dystopia, because of how our society can easily fall in that direction. Scifi is such a fantastic vista to explore moral dilemmas, and ask "what if", isn't it?

One thing I see happening, and look forward to if it happens in my lifetime, is the idea of android companions, because like Asimov's stories and Data from TNG, I suspect they will be far better "people" than many that they serve or assist. Further, to deal with complexity will be easier for an android, and the survival of our species may depend on the abilities and knowledge they possess. For example, androids likely will not depend on the bioshpere and food, water like we do.

Regards, Dean

Comment

I would like to see some threads created purely for more the discussions you have in the podcasts, like Infinite, SGU Deconstructed, etc.

Comment

Glad a new podcast is out. I had problems listening because the tecnical quality of the female voice was not very good (sounded like on a mobile phone from Amazonas or something) and it was such a difference between the voices. A real shame because obviously the technical quality otherwise of the podcast is great (as of course is the quality of the discussion itself).

Comment

I'm listening to the podcast about Joel at the moment.
              Really emotional, but beautiful.
              Thanks GateWorld!

Comment

#133 is not available for download on the Podcast page http://www.gateworld.net/gateworld_podcast.shtml Can you please upload it there?
                Thanks

I'm figuring the link out, let's see if it works
                http://stream.gateworld.net/podcast/...2012-05-23.mp3

nah not really... guess my browser is tired..

aha - it's 23 not 24 at the end

Comment

Added. Thanks!
                  GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                  The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                  Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Now Available
                    GateWorld Podcast: Wormhole Physics (#134)

You’re in for a brain-stimulating discussion. Podcast hosts David and Diana welcome back special guest Diane Turnshek, Physics Outreach Coordinator at Carnegie Mellon University, to delve deep into the realm of wormhole physics and black holes!

As always, we catch up on what has been filling their lives most recently. We will also tap-dance around the film “Prometheus,” and since Diana had yet to view the film when this was recorded we will save the spoilers for the end of the next podcast!

Show Notes: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2012/06/gateworld-podcast-wormhole-physics/
                    Feed: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/itunes_podcast_rss.xml

Call the Podcast Hotline! Ask David and Diana a question, suggest a topic for a future show, or just sound off on Stargate and the state of science fiction. Leave us a voicemail on the GateWorld Podcast Hotline any time, day or night!

Dial: (951) 262-1647 (long distance rates apply)

... or e-mail a brief recording to webmaster (at) gateworld (dot) net.

Thanks to everyone for listening and participating!

Comment

Whats up with all the D's in these podcasts?!?!?!?!?!
                      Darren
                      Dave
                      Diana
                      Diane

Like, WHAT THE HELL!!!!!

(I will listen when I get the chance)
                      sigpic
                      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Ahh a fresh podcast with Diana! Excellent!

I realized when I saw that post that I haven't listened to any of the podcasts since...I think the second Science of SGU episode. Oops! Getting back to them now
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Now Available
                          GateWorld Podcast: Something for Everybody! (#135)

With so much in the news, David and Diana spend a week digesting everything from the new Stargate app to the Aurora, Colorado shooting.

We take time covering Comic-Con 2012, dissect three podcast voicemails and, go forther in-depth on “Epilogue” and, as promised in a previous episode, we finish the end of our show with a complete discussion of “Prometheus!”

Show Notes: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2012/0...for-everybody/

Call the Podcast Hotline! Ask David and Diana a question, suggest a topic for a future show, or just sound off on Stargate and the state of science fiction. Leave us a voicemail on the GateWorld Podcast Hotline any time, day or night!

Comment

I was interested to hear your opinions on Prometheus. I felt very much like David - there were giant plot holes and I didn't understand anyones motivations.
                            I had an amusing argument with a friend who loves movies that "make you think" *cough are so poorly written you HAVE to make the plot up cough* We had to agree to disagree in the end.
                            Perhaps with a rewatch I would enjoy it more, but I don't plan on paying (again) for the privilege

Comment

Just Finished Listening to podcast 135, great job. Thank you for podcast 133 deadicate to Joel Goldsmith. His music was the reason I started watching Stargate and enjoying it. His presence will be missed if Stargate returns. My top 5 scores are:

5. Beyond the Night
                              4. Camelot
                              3. Ark of turth
                              2. Light
                              1. Gauntlet.

Thanks for the podcasts and keep up the excellent work.

Comment

Now Available
                                GateWorld Podcast: Flawed, but Likable Characters (#136)

Yesterday was the anniversary of the 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States, an event which arguably changed the television-viewing landscape considerably. TV programming began to turn towards more dark, realistic characters, where the lines of right and wrong began to blur.

In the spirit of that, David and Diana devote a full hour (plus a little extra) to examining the flawed, and entirely likeable, characteristics of numerous Stargate characters, from Jack O’Neill to Nicholas Rush.

We also go outside of Stargate to discuss characters from Battlestar Galactica, Community, Dexter (and many more!) and other shows which developed similar characters.

Show Notes: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2012/0...le-characters/

Comment

Working...
                                X