Page 103 of 105 FirstFirst ... 35393100101102103 104105 LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 2096

Thread: GateWorld Podcast Feedback!

Lieutenant Colonel daxmaryrussel's Avatar

Default Re: GateWorld Podcast Feedback!

Great! I'm looking forward to a new podcast. Have been going through the old ones - again (especially now when I'm in bed ill they cheer me up). Apart from the "history" podcasts, the ones with philosophical topics are my favourite (Demolecularizing Your Soul, What Is Ascension?, Perceptions of Sci-Fi Fans)

Chief Master Sergeant

I've been listening to these podcasts during my runs in the morning. Have to say that all you, three said about SGU was so TRUE!! You voiced my thoughts completely. Slow, plodding, lack of likeability, action, soapy... I agree with all. Also, the idea of doing all this in one season would have been awesome. I'm sorry it didn't go on as it really was getting good.

As for must see tv? For me, it was the last 3 years of Deep Space Nine. So now you know where I am .

Any chance we can get a new podcast for Christmas?! :-)

Probably not (nothing is recorded right now, due to traveling and the late-semester busyness) -- but I wouldn't rule it out completely. Now that the holiday break has arrived and life is calming down a bit (thankfully I'm not traveling for Christmas this year), we need to evaluate where things stand with the site and the podcast ...

GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - RSS
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    (thankfully I'm not traveling for Christmas this year), we need to evaluate where things stand with the site and the podcast ...
    I don't read that statement with my positive glasses on....
    What are you saying? Maybe no more podcasts since maybe of little interests because no more new Stargate?

We need some hard hitting journalism! Need to cram these mics into the faces of the creators of stargate and get them to tell us more more more and force them into making a fourth series!

Quote Originally Posted by daxmaryrussel View Post
    I don't read that statement with my positive glasses on....
    What are you saying? Maybe no more podcasts since maybe of little interests because no more new Stargate?
    Nonono ... nothing like that. I've just had a really busy school semester and haven't had much time to give the site, so what needs to happen now is a plan for 2012 -- i.e. what sorts of content to focus on, what to podcast about, and how frequently. I'm also finishing my PhD thesis in the coming year, so it's actually somewhat fortuitous that we're in a season of Stargate history where we don't have new weekly episodes to keep up with. What little time I do have can be devoted to news and podcast and whatever else people want.

I will let you all know that we're in development on the next iteration of the site design, "GateWorld 2.5." It won't be a brand new design from the ground up, but a significant freshening of our current look and feel. It will also be entirely WordPress-driven, which will allow us to implement some new features down the road and will hopefully make the whole thing run more quickly and more stable.

GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - RSS
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

^^ sounds good to me, Darren!
    Merry Christmas for you and your loved ones.

Second Lieutenant

Well I hope you guys are able to post a podcast soon i mean the podcasts are the closest thing I get to anything stargate these days i need a dose or I might need to be admitted in to hospital

Probie

Hey guys, love the podcast. I think it would be an interesting idea to do some podcasts with individual characters from the 3 shows as the main discussion. For example one month we could talk about jack, the next month young ect. keep up the great work

I like that idea.

s u g a r s h a k e r

Second Lieutenant

I'd still love to see you guys do a series of podcasts covering the Stargate expanded universe. So much to talk about, video games, books, comics, rpg book, audio dramas. Heck you could do at least one show on everything that got canceled over the years! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by conorbourke View Post
    Hey guys, love the podcast. I think it would be an interesting idea to do some podcasts with individual characters from the 3 shows as the main discussion. For example one month we could talk about jack, the next month young ect. keep up the great work
    Sounds interesting
    <a href=http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=43615&dateline=1271236653 target=_blank>http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php...ine=1271236653</a>

Probie

Hi, a few month ago, I ask if it would be possible to have an interview with someone responsible of the SG franchise, to know their point of view on the end of SGU, etc.

I think you said you were working on it. Any news ?

Maybe it was done and I missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Palomides View Post
    Hi, a few month ago, I ask if it would be possible to have an interview with someone responsible of the SG franchise, to know their point of view on the end of SGU, etc.

I think you said you were working on it. Any news ?

Maybe it was done and I missed it.
    -Hopes-

Second Lieutenant Wolf O'Donnell's Avatar

Hey gateworld poscast. I just listened to your last few shows about the end of SGU and it seemed like you guys were getting some hate about something or other on show that really seemed to bother you guys. Granted I have not listened to very many episodes of your podcast but from what I have heard I have not only really liked it but also thought that it was a very well done poscast.

Please dont ever let peoples negativity get to you so much. You do a great service for fans of ALL the stargate shows and just please know that most of us really appricate everything you have done and will do.

On another note, I just want to say that I do beleive that if th fans were organized enough we could get something out of MGM in terms of SGU. I got my ex hooked on the show right before it ended and I beleive that if someone like her could turn onto SGU then others could as well. I think we just need to be organaized and have leadership. If you guys started a movement of some kind I really think something could happen even at this late stage. Dont give up guys!

Second Lieutenant

Im really sad that their havnt been any podcasts lately

Thank-you David and Diana for the "Becoming Infinite" podcast, it was unexpected! It's good for listeners to be able to leave voice comments, because it's much easier, and safer, in a way, to write a comment, than it is to voice it. I sounded different than I expected, and it made me consider how I express my thoughts: thanks for the practice!

I hope you will discuss the new scifi films coming out this summer in the next podcast: "Prometheus" looks to be very cool, about technology giving us the power of "gods and engineers of space" that was quoted of Ridley Scott on Wikipedia. I am also looking forward to "Total Recall" and its moral dilemmas around identity, and how technology can expand or dilute who we think we are, and a future dystopia, because of how our society can easily fall in that direction. Scifi is such a fantastic vista to explore moral dilemmas, and ask "what if", isn't it?

One thing I see happening, and look forward to if it happens in my lifetime, is the idea of android companions, because like Asimov's stories and Data from TNG, I suspect they will be far better "people" than many that they serve or assist. Further, to deal with complexity will be easier for an android, and the survival of our species may depend on the abilities and knowledge they possess. For example, androids likely will not depend on the bioshpere and food, water like we do.

Regards, Dean

First Lieutenant

I would like to see some threads created purely for more the discussions you have in the podcasts, like Infinite, SGU Deconstructed, etc.

Glad a new podcast is out. I had problems listening because the tecnical quality of the female voice was not very good (sounded like on a mobile phone from Amazonas or something) and it was such a difference between the voices. A real shame because obviously the technical quality otherwise of the podcast is great (as of course is the quality of the discussion itself).