Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atlantis is filled with Nintendo fanboys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis is filled with Nintendo fanboys!

Or at least one. John was playing on a Pearl White Nintendo DS Lite at the end of the episode. Ah, if it had only been a pink one (like mine). John's got good taste in videogame consoles at least.

Too bad we didn't hear the tunes of "Moeru! Nekketsu! Rhytm Damashii Ouendan!" while he played, thus determining that he's also got great taste in videogames as well.

I think this should be the new pineapple. Spot the DS!

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
    Or at least one. John was playing on a Pearl White Nintendo DS Lite at the end of the episode. Ah, if it had only been a pink one (like mine). John's got good taste in videogame consoles at least.

Too bad we didn't hear the tunes of "Moeru! Nekketsu! Rhytm Damashii Ouendan!" while he played, thus determining that he's also got great taste in videogames as well.

I didn't notice that but I'm not surprised, every other hand-held device in the SG universe is either a gamboy or a PSP
    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

I was wondering about that. It looked like Sheppard was playing a DS, but I wasn't sure. Too bad it wasn't black like mine or at least Colbalt Blue. That would have been cool. I wonder what game he was playing.
      sigpic

Comment

Now if only there was an SGA DS game, shep could have been playing atlantis ON atlantis!

Comment

Originally posted by RoK View Post
          I was wondering about that. It looked like Sheppard was playing a DS, but I wasn't sure. Too bad it wasn't black like mine or at least Colbalt Blue. That would have been cool. I wonder what game he was playing.
          Oh come on, it was so obviously a DS. He was even using the stylus. Still, a shame it was white, one of the most generic DS colors.

Pink, Metallic Pink, Light Blue, Cobolt Blue, Red/Blue, those are the colours to go for!

Comment

I thought that, but I just thought that it was one of those organisers...
            Seriously who plays hand-held games moments before major surgery (especially when the Head of department cracks such a joke, big LMAO moment there).

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson View Post
              I thought that, but I just thought that it was one of those organisers...
              Seriously who plays hand-held games moments before major surgery (especially when the Head of department cracks such a joke, big LMAO moment there).
              Apparently, John Sheppard.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post

Hardly, I have a DS and hate it, such a waste of money. If John had taste he would own an Xbox 360. infact I think he should as I can see him enjoying games like Gears of War and Ghost Recon, rather than some Mario rubbish.
                sigpic
                Banner Made By Me for Me
                The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
                  Hardly, I have a DS and hate it, such a waste of money. If John had taste he would own an Xbox 360. infact I think he should as I can see him enjoying games like Gears of War and Ghost Recon, rather than some Mario rubbish.
                  Kinda big to be holding in your hands... I'm sure he has one in his quarters.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I wonder what kind of power adapter you bring to Atlantis in order to charge those things?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
                      I wonder what kind of power adapter you bring to Atlantis in order to charge those things?
                      An electrical socket pimped by the science boys to fit Earth appliances.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I can so see Sheppard rocking out to Guitar Hero
                        sigpic
                        http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
                          Why would you spend ur free time playing a game EXACTLY like your day job. You dont relax by doing simulated work. A guy spends all day crawling thru the mud shooting ppl only to go home and play a game where hes crawling thru the mud shooting people. That the dumbest thing ive ever heard.

A lawyer dosent go home and play Phoenix Wright: attorney at law for 4 hrs every night. Yeesh. If anything he would be pulled towards cutsey fun games to get away from the violence of his day job. Thatd be like seeing a vietnam vet shooting off fireworks in the woods for fun. Soo absurdly unlikely that im ashamed to even suggest it.

Ps xbox and ps3 sux NINTENDO FOREVER!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                            Why would you spend ur free time playing a game EXACTLY like your day job. You dont relax by doing simulated work. A guy spends all day crawling thru the mud shooting ppl only to go home and play a game where hes crawling thru the mud shooting people. That the dumbest thing ive ever heard.

A lawyer dosent go home and play Phoenix Wright: attorney at law for 4 hrs every night. Yeesh. If anything he would be pulled towards cutsey fun games to get away from the violence of his day job. Thatd be like seeing a vietnam vet shooting off fireworks in the woods for fun. Soo absurdly unlikely that im ashamed to even suggest it.

Actually, such people exist. Rodney and Radek, for example, enjoy playing Prime or Not Prime in their spare/slacking time.

A lot of gamer lawyers probably feel more drawn to the Ace Attorney series than your average person if not only to pinpoint its flaws. Musicians are known to enjoy music and rhytm games.

Your interests often reflect your choices in games (and movies and whatnot). It wouldn't at all be illogical for John to play a game similar to his day job just because it's similar to his day job (theoretically).

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post

Have you hung around any military folks? My sister's boyfriend spent several years in the U.S. Army and was deployed to Iraq and Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare for the XBox360 is one of his favorite games. (Mine too but I'm not in the military.) He played it when he was deployed and he still plays with his military buddies online. He didn't think too highly of Gears of War though.

Course yeah there is always Guitar Hero. I could see Shep playing that as well.

360 Rocks!
                              IMO always implied.

Comment

Working...
                              X