This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 4 deleted scenes

Dunno if this is the rite folder but anywho. I really enjoyed our first Atlantis deleted scenes! Its interesting to see what was taken out and why it was cut. In particular i really liked the Caldwell outtakes which gave a fair bit of character exposure. We got to see how he feels about being a space taxi, that he loves his permant assignment to pegasus and he was married for a short time and he was semi flirty with Carter in one scene. Mitch ftw!

I agree, I liked the insight in Caldwell's character (although it was wierd to see him all flirty!).

Personally, my favorite was that long awaited scene from "Trio". Loved the interaction between Sam and Jennifer, and I really loved what they were talking about! Nice to have some confirmation of my favorite couple!

Sam/Jack forever!!! Whoo!!!
    sigpic
    The Return of King Arthur
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
    acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Confirmation about Sam/Jack? What? What was said? How was it said? Do you have an actual quote?

And are there any scenes in regards to Torri/Elizabeth that were deleted?
      sigpic
      Being a shipper, is the only way to be.
      |My Fanfics|My Fanart|My Orig. Stories|

Comment

Originally posted by Anjirika View Post
        Confirmation about Sam/Jack? What? What was said? How was it said? Do you have an actual quote?
        A little chat between Carter and Keller as they are knotting up that rope:

Carter: So…you seeing anyone?

Keller: What?

Carter: Around the base, you seeing anyone?

Keller: I dunno…I had a moment with - with this…guy. He’s not exactly easy to read so…I guess the short answer is “no”. You?

Carter: Well, I’m the boss, so I can’t really…

Keller: Right Anyone back home?

Carter: Uhm…

Keller: Un-huh, I thought so. Give it up.

Carter: Well, it’s complicated.

Keller: Show me a relationship that isn’t.

Carter: He’s in Washington…I’m here.

Keller: Ouch. Long distance relationship.

Carter: He’s going to retire soon, so maybe -

Keller: Really! Retire? So…an older man, huh?

Carter: Not that much older.

Keller: Washington, older man…is he like a Senator or something? Someone famous? Would I know him?

Carter: Probably not.
        http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-conversation/

Originally posted by Anjirika View Post
        And are there any scenes in regards to Torri/Elizabeth that were deleted?
        I don't think so
        sigpic
        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I'm a bit divided. While I liked seeing the deleted scenes, it makes me sorry they didn't make it to screen.

I agree about the Caldwell scenes except I didn't see him as flirty, I saw it as friendly. Eye of the beholder I guess. Really sorry the Carter/Caldwell scene was cut.

I'm a bit of a shipper but I'm more sorry for the hard core shippers than for me that the Carter/Keller scene was cut.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Any previews or transcripts of these deleted scenes?

Comment

Here is a link to the Trio scene which was kindly provided by APA: http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....stcount=142480
              And yeah, it does kind of suck that it didn't make it to the episode, especially when JM mentioned it months in advance and AT referenced it in an interview on Sci-Fi. I'm not sure if I've ever seen that kind of thing happen before, but I haven't been in fandom very long.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                very nice i haven't gotten mine yet, but i will like already thanks for that
                sigpic
                May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Any chance someone could slap 'em on YouTube or is that forbid discussion here?
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

While they may make their way to YouTube eventually, let's not encourage the ripping of copyrighted material ...
                    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Are there any descriptions or transcripts of all the deleted scene somewhere? It'll be months before I can get the boxset.

TEAM LOVE

Comment

I just finished watching them. Some of them I liked - some of it really irritated me.

The good:

1) The Reunion scene talking about Ronon painting, singing, and writing poetry.

2) The scene with Ronon telling Carter about the stuff he's salvaged from his homeworld.

3) The scene with Caldwell and Sheppard on the Daedalus.

4) The scene where Sheppard and Ronon come find Rodney in his quarters at the beginning of Miller's Crossing.

5) The scene with Rodney working on Jeannie's computer - yeah, it's not that interesting of a scene, but it does clarify that Jeannie was using a secure connection to get email from Rodney, which is something that the fans discussed after the episode.

6) The Trio scene - I'm so not a Sam/Jack fan, but I wish they hadn't cut this scene. I think it would have been better for Keller. MG said that they thought it would make her seem like a "trollop" - his term, not mine. I think it was worse leaving it out, because without it, you have no idea why she's ok with having a flirtation with Rodney when she was just a couple of episodes previously getting cozy with Ronon. The scene clarifies it. It also makes a little more sense of her deal with the games. I wish they'd cut the scene where Rodney tries to get Sam to show the kids her breasts and left this scene in.

The not so good/ones I'm glad they cut.

1) The beginning scene of Reunion with Carter talking to McKay and Sheppard.

2) The final scene of Reunion.

3) The scene with Carter and Caldwell in BAMSR.

4) The Miller's Crossing scene where Shep talks about "could have been Mensa." MG's comments on that frustrated me a little, where he said that the mensa thing was something they set up in S1, but then they've moved away from it, and that this was kind of playing on that. I didn't like that - I liked it that they set Shep up as very intelligent in S1, and this scene felt like they were mocking Sheppard.

5) The scene with Ronon watching Battlestar Galactica. I could see that it might be funny, but at the same time, I don't think of Ronon as being that slow.

5) This wasn't a missing scene, but another thing that frustrated me was MG's comments on Trio. He talked about it kind of being a housekeeping episode, where they touch on a lot of different things, the Carter/O'Neill thing, the Rodney/Katie thing, the Ronon/Keller thing, and...(this one is what irritated me) the fact that no one likes Zelenka. He said that's something they've been trying to work in for a while. Err what? Really? In their viewpoint of the show, none of the characters like Zelenka?!? I really didn't like that. I wonder if they were surprised by the backlash on that point.
                        Last edited by Killdeer; 19 July 2008, 07:16 PM.
                        - Life after Stargate -
                        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                          I agree, I liked the insight in Caldwell's character (although it was wierd to see him all flirty!).
                          i 'really' think that was more mitch than caldwell. mitch and amanda did an x-files ep years ago, and it was amanda's first love scene. i think it gave them a funny bond together. but i watched that scene, and i can see where ppl thought he was flirty. i saw him kind of drooling myself, but amanda played it straight.

Personally, my favorite was that long awaited scene from "Trio". Loved the interaction between Sam and Jennifer, and I really loved what they were talking about! Nice to have some confirmation of my favorite couple!

oh, you got that right!! i've already played that scene multiple times.

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by schtroumph_c View Post
                            Are there any descriptions or transcripts of all the deleted scene somewhere? It'll be months before I can get the boxset.
                            Nevermind, found the transcript by calliejen there:

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Sta...s/message/3950

TEAM LOVE

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post

6) The Trio scene - I'm so not a Sam/Jack fan, but I wish they hadn't cut this scene. I think it would have been better for Keller. MG said that they thought it would make her seem like a "trollop" - his term, not mine. I think it was worse leaving it out, because without it, you have no idea why she's ok with having a flirtation with Rodney when she was just a couple of episodes previously getting cozy with Ronon. The scene clarifies it. It also makes a little more sense of her deal with the games. I wish they'd cut the scene where Rodney tries to get Sam to show the kids her breasts and left this scene in.
                              And, if anything, it establishes the on-going career of O'Neill. He's going to retire. Again. For good this time, I would imagine. What's after high-ranking General? I don't seem him as President at all.
                              CARTER: "I’m dressing up like Robin Hood, but part of my costume is missing, what have you got for me?"

HAMMOND: "You have a bow!"

Comment

Working...
                              X