Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

agreed the ships look like VERY TECHNOLOGICALLY advanced Wraith but our Wraith stunners are still best
    sigpic
    Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
      agreed the ships look like VERY TECHNOLOGICALLY advanced Wraith but our Wraith stunners are still best
      Err.... our Wraith stunners were their Wraith stunners...
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Err.... our Wraith stunners were their Wraith stunners...
        big difference the stunners shoot GREEN!!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
          big difference the stunners shoot GREEN!!
          You mean the rayguns? On the Daedalus?

Stunners shoot blue... don't they?
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            You mean the rayguns? On the Daedalus?

Stunners shoot blue... don't they?
            no dif green blue David Letterman
            sigpic

Comment

This was a great episode, best one of the season so far. And Alan's best episode of the franchise (with 2 and 3 quarters left to go in SGRewatch)

I think this what season 6 might've been like.

These visual effects this season, this is the 4th episode of the episode, I don't think I've seen these many effects in this early of a season that isn't a premiere. I guess these are the benefits of doing the effects in-house.

Tomorrow, Weir is back (I don't think that's too spoilerish, is it?).
              sigpic

Comment

An alternate reality drive?!! My first thought is why?!! What is the point, why travel through other realities? I guess this is the odd twist, because it seemed like a good idea in another reality and had a purpose, like hoping to come across needed things such as ZPM's!

If I put the daft idea aside, it was a good romp through various scenarios the team had to get themselves out of. A great showcase for the superb special effects that were packed into this one episode, the Daedalus was beautifully realized, at times you really felt you were right there, faced with its hull!

Comment

Very cool ep.

You dropped the baby, McKay? Naughty naughty. Good thing it must be a tough baby.

Noticed the empty food boxes said "do not ring transport" I wonder why.

Those were very cool aliens. The aliens themselves looked pretty ordinary but they had awesome looking ships and awesome guns. Very tough ship to be able to take 3 direct asgard beam hits and only have minor damage.

Chewy getting mad with the controls. Very funny.

F-302's

What's with Shep being on a Nintendo DS from time to time haha.

McKay as a father? Yes very disturbing.
                  sigpic

Comment

MIdweek...another ep of Atlantis...

1. Just as Rodney's worked out they're in an AU...they find the bodies...gotta be wierd...

2. Were there plans to bring back these aliens in S6?

3. Couldn't remember exactly how they got out of this as I'd forgotten they'd lost the Jumper.
                    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

It was always my observation that S5 was ending a lot of story arcs while at the same starting new arcs. That is what makes this episode so disappointing. Not the episode itself. The episode is great. But all these stories that were created in this episode for potential future season never had the chance to be realized because of the cancellation. While I prefer Universe over Atlantis it still would have been nice to see what had come in these future episodes. I always thought their was a story in those gray aliens that were attacking Atlantis. What caused them to fight Atlantis and where did they come from? They obviously attacked the Daedalus because we attacked them but I had so many question that I never felt was answered. I would much rather hear that instead of Sheppherd give himself a pep talk. I felt this episode was good for some team interaction. The story itself of shifting from reality to reality was highly technobabble so I didn't really pay attention except to see how the universe changed from jump to jump. What made it interesting was how the writers were actually able to give Ronon and Teyla a use. Shame they didn't continue that in future episodes
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

From Joe Mallozzi's Blog:

THE DAEDALUS VARIATIONS (504)
                        Near the end of the show’s fourth season, writer-producer Alan McCullough had an idea for a story which would see our crew trapped in a room that would travel through different parallel universes. EP Robert Cooper, our resident idea man, suggested a slight but significant alteration: instead of being trapped in a room, our heroes should be trapped aboard the Daedalus. And thus, our SF version of The Flying Dutchman was born.

Photos:

Alien ship design.
                        Alien fighter design.
                        Alien design.
                        ???
                        Yes, you!
                        ‘Splosion! (Photo @MGM Television)
                        Firefight! (@MGM Television)
                        David Hewlett and Director Andy Mikita in discussion (Photo @MGM Television).
                        Always nice to see Teyla packin’ (Photo @MGM Television)
                        Rodney McKay is smokin’ (Photo @MGM Television)
                        sigpic

Comment

I liked this one. Great special effects. Good story.
                          But it's sad to know there won't be any more information about those gray aliens. It seemed like they had their hands full in that alternate reality. I also want to know why the inter-dimensional drive was even build in the first place?

Funny moment: "Easy Cheewie, those buttons are your friend..."

Comment

Maybe they made it so they could explore other realities to gain ZPMs?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              Maybe they made it so they could explore other realities to gain ZPMs?
                              You're right I guess. To me it didn't seem worth the risk. Who knows how many alternate realities they would screw up, trying to find just one.

Ahh never mind, I'm trying to ignore little things like that from now on...

Comment

Well as we have seen from several episodes/the film continuoum.. OUR reality is the only one of consequence..

Comment

Working...
                                X