Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To Keep Sg1 Special Or To Go And Sell Dolls And Stuff???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To Keep Sg1 Special Or To Go And Sell Dolls And Stuff???

TO ME ITS BETTER THAT SG1 IS ON THE LOW BECAUSE IF IT GOES LIKE STARGWARS THEN ITS GOING TO BE LIKED BY PEOPLE WHO NEVER SAW THE SHOW AND IF STORES START SELLING DOLLS AND STUFF OR WHATEVER ITS NOT GOING TO BE SO PERSONAL..............AFTER A WHILE A WHOLE BUNCH OF NEW SITES ARE GONNA POP OUT AND THEN THE STORIES ANRE GOING TO BE CHEAP................AND YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS WHEN EVERYONE LIKES ONE THING AT A TIME.............2 MINUTES LATER EVERYONE HATES ITI..WAHT DO U PEOPLE THINK/?/
    http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/7...itebeam6aw.gif

***starwars*****

Comment

Would you mind awfully if I ask you to take off the caps lock? It's ever so hard to read in all upper case like that.

Thanks

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
        Would you mind awfully if I ask you to take off the caps lock? It's ever so hard to read in all upper case like that.

Thanks

To me it’s better that SG1 is on the low because if it goes like Starwars then its going to be liked by people who never saw the show and if stores start selling dolls and merchandise its no longer going to be so personal……………………………After a while a whole bunch of new sites are going to pop out and then because of that the SG1 stories are going to be cheap and stride from the Egypt theme ……..plus you know what happens when everybody like one thing at the same time…….2 minutes later everyone hates it………..what do u people think???

Comment

I thought they already had action figures out...?

Anyway it's hurting me to read that, take an english class.

Comment

they already have action figures out? go on....
            personally i would love a klorel action figure or a toy death glider and so on. i don't think that merchandising will really effect the quality of the show. i still like starwars, i see it as a kids movie and just a bit of fun. i think sometimes merchandising is really just a way to make more profit from something. plus a lot of fans, like me, like to collect things like that from movies and tv shows, just 'cause they look cool. and its a nice bit of memorabilia or whatever.

long story short, i wouldn't say no to some action figures or model ships for stargate.

Comment

models would be awesome

Comment

Stargate sg1 has been my favorite show since i was a freshman, the show has changed but its still hasnt lost its mojo.......... though it isnt that big its growing..........I still think earth is advancing too fast....

Comment

it is really unneccassary to have a picture that huge in your post.

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
                    it is really unneccassary to have a picture that huge in your post.
                    yeah that giant pic isn't even working for me, can't even see what it is.
                    but i think the really important question is, is that stargate LEGO!?!

Comment

I don't really care...I wouldn't buy any action figures, for certain reasons, but I would buy DVDs ...Anyway action figures might advertise SG a lilttle more, and it would be good for Stargate to have new fans...'cause no one around here, except me likes it...

Comment

Stargate LEGOs Rock!

As for the rest of it, I could really do without the toy commercialization of Stargate SG-1. The Star Trek franchise has done very well without massive toys and action figures (yes I know about the "Special Edition" Ken and Barbie, various plastic models, and far too many Hallmark ornaments to count). Most of the Stargate audience is beyond the age of dolls and action figures. Besides, seeing Felger and his 12-inch Jack and Sam dolls was just plain CREEPY!
                        Major Kawalsky
                        I've clawed my way from Mature to Fodder! WOOHOO!
                        U.S. Stargate Command

Comment

Originally posted by MAJKawalsky
                          Stargate LEGOs Rock!

Most of the Stargate audience is beyond the age of dolls and action figures.
                          sci fi geeks such as myself are NEVER beyond the age of action figures.
                          Besides, seeing Felger and his 12-inch Jack and Sam dolls was just plain CREEPY!
                          creepy, yet hilarious

Comment

Hmm... I don't remember the Sam and Jack dolls that Felger played with, but I'll believe you.

I don't believe anyone has answered the question yet... are the Stargate Legos real?
                            Sheppard and Mitchell: and you were worried they were going to be O'Neill clones?

Two of my favorite shows are about Jonathan Sheppard, assuming Jack is always short for Jonathan. Weird, huh? (Lost and Atlantis)

Comment

Originally posted by JakeDeuxPointZero
                              Hmm... I don't remember the Sam and Jack dolls that Felger played with, but I'll believe you.

I don't believe anyone has answered the question yet... are the Stargate Legos real?
                              Well this is the site that the other poster grabbed that pic from. They even have a Lego of Jonas. I guess they are real but the site lists them as 'custom', whatever that means.

Comment

Working...
                              X