This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The end of the world...?

Some of you may have noticed by now that I'm into different mythologies and the likes. Well, this is no different.

Please, do keep an open mind. This is all of course pure speculation, and only to be taken as a reference of future occurences. I know the NeoCons are using one of the same road maps as I am, but I included the Norse mythos to contrast and compare.

To begin with, in the Norse mythos (which I myself follow as truth,) there are 3 distinct ages before Ragnarok.

The Axe Age, the Sword Age and the Wolf Age. Much like other religious structures, there is a great deal of metaphors contained within it. They never just say "This is going to happen and then it's all over."

I tend to equate the Axe Age to that of a time of great building. The Sword Age, I believe, could stand for nothing more than that of a fascist state. The Wolf Age, I think, would be anarchy. Wolves are very pack orientated animals. They live in small groups, that function as one- one of the basic principals of a realistic anarchy.

So, here's the list I've come up with. Please keep in mind, that these are all speculation.

1. Peace in the Middle East, specifically the lands Christians and Jews consider "The Holy Land." This is one of the more obvious events, as detailed in the bible.

2. The Sword Age would roughly translated to the New World Order- every conspiracy nuts' (and mines') biggest fear. This goes very well with the description of the "AntiChrist," and how he would declare his way as the will of "God."

[NOTE: #3 is being re-considered due to conversation, not harassment, which some people feel is the best way to make a point.]
    3. Osama bin Laden, as much as people hate him, turning out to be the 2nd coming of "Christ," which is also detailed in the Christian bible.

4. Christ, reborn, slays "the lion," and the NWO comes crashing down.

5. The Norse Wolf Age begins, setting the world into a virtual anarchy, as there is no longer a central government.

Well that's just me speculating. If you have an opinion- let me hear it!
    Last edited by aschen; 04 November 2004, 07:00 PM.

So are you saying that Bin Laden is Christ?
    [email protected]
    http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
    One nation under dog
    There of which I stand alone
    A face in the crowd
    Unsung, against the mold
    Without a doubt
    Singled out
    The only way I know

Comment

I'm saying that if you relate real world events to both the biblical and Norse mythos- it's a possibility. He opposes the US and their actions, and apparently has the means to launch a major strike against us. He might not be, though, maybe the figure known as "Christ" has yet to strike because the NWO has yet to fully come into effect.

Just speculation. Something for you guys to play with in your heads, that's all.

Believe me, I don't like the idea of him being the Christ as much as the next person.

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
        I'm saying that if you relate real world events to both the biblical and Norse mythos- it's a possibility.
        Ummm... NO. Absolutely not.
        I'd love to say more, but I got plenty of homework to do right now.
        I'll try to stop back in later and see how things are going...
        There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Comment

Wow. I'd never expect an outright denial of a possibility, not from this forum.

Comment

Well if one takes the events discribed in the Bible seriously, I doubt that Christ would engineer the death of countless innocents...Last I checked he was Christian as well, so howcome he follows Islam???
            [email protected]
            http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
            One nation under dog
            There of which I stand alone
            A face in the crowd
            Unsung, against the mold
            Without a doubt
            Singled out
            The only way I know

Comment

Not that I agree with you - but i read into this a few weeks ago.

An interesting theory, definetely. Its all about your beliefs, and i don't follow any sort of theology, so believing anything is hard

And Aschen, when dealing with sensitive subjects like this, some people can be a little harsh. Don't take it personal at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Jprime
                Well if one takes the events discribed in the Bible seriously, I doubt that Christ would engineer the death of countless innocents...Last I checked he was Christian as well, so howcome he follows Islam???
                Jesus was a Jew, remember? Christianity, Judaism and Islam all have some very similar traits. All three have angels, are all three are monotheistic, all three refer to the omnipotent being as "God." I know Muslims refer to "God" as "Allah," but in a number of readings that I've done the terms seem to be inter-changable, with "Allah" being the more proper name of "God." Where as in Judaism, the proper name is "Yahweh."

After some consideration, I think Osama might not be the Christ because of his age, but who's to really say? It says that Christ will come and slay "the lion," and I can't think of a way you can slay a lion without spilling some blood, yes?

Especially considering that the Christ would be coming to dethrone the "AntiChrist" and his followers. As I have seen from biblical stories, "God" has little mercy for those who go agaist him. Perhaps then, Osama is a violent pre-cursor to the second coming.

dpgriffin - Thanks. I know it's a touchy subject for a lot of people. I suppose bin Laden being the 2nd coming is a bit of a stretch- but the rest of it, at least to me, seems rather reasonable. I spend a lot of time thinking about all of this.

I find it fascinating and frightening simultaneouly. I'm considering looking into some of the far eastern religions, to see what they say about the end of the world. However, most of what I have found thus far are lessons concerning how one should live and treat one another. Things like karma and the likes.

More research is most certainly required.

I'm rather excited to see how things play out.
                Last edited by aschen; 04 November 2004, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Wow. I'd never expect an outright denial of a possibility, not from this forum.
                  Sorry.
                  I only said that only because (even though it looks like you certainly tried to think this situation through completely) it just can't be a possibility to anyone who is really a serious Christian. Jesus was completely both God and man. He was born of a virgin mother, and performed countless recorded miracles in his lifetime. He was crucified, died, and buried, only to rise up again victorious over sin, death, and Satan on the third day. He appeared to countless thousands of his followers, and established one permenant Church, through his apostles, in order to guide the rest of the world after he had ascended back into heaven 40 days after the resurrection. That being said, Christ's second coming will be a tremendous event, that the entire world will be able to witness. He's not just going to pop up re-born again on the earth in some random middle-eastern country. And he's certainly not going to be the human leader of an immoral terrorist organization. Christ warned us about others showing up and claiming to be the Messiah after the resurrection. And he already told us that no one except God knows either the day or the hour when He will return to the earth. In short, the main point I'm trying to make here is that Jesus Christ is definitely not Osama Bin Laden. Any Questions?
                  There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Comment

No, I see your point. Which (as before) the Osama thing isn't working, but it did sort of relate to it.

As for popping up in a random Middle Eastern country...

Well...Jesus DID pop up in a random Middle Eastern country the first time, didn't he?

The thing here, is that I think Bush is playing to who I feel are the vastly uninformed christian right (of which you are obviously not a part of. ) He seems to be acting as though he's acting under some kind of a heavenly mandate- the exact thing that Jesus warned about.

I refer to them as uninformed, because there are a lot of christians that are practicing a religion that they never took the time to fully comprehend. Follow? I don't even practice the religion, but I probably know more about it then they do. I've read the books of the official bible, and even some of the books that most churches leave out because it portays people like Mary Magdalene in a positive light. If I recall correctly, isn't her story one of the main backbones to the agnostic sect?

Comment

The thing here, is that I think Bush is playing to who I feel are the vastly uninformed christian right... He seems to be acting as though he's acting under some kind of a heavenly mandate- the exact thing that Jesus warned about.
                      Well... I kinda see what you're saying. Jesus warned against others claiming to actually be the Messiah, and knowing the exact end of the world, and other things like that. But I don't quite see the point you're trying to make about Bush. He's a good Christian who stands by his beliefs, but what else are you trying to say here?
                      I've read the books of the official bible, and even some of the books that most churches leave out because it portays people like Mary Magdalene in a positive light. If I recall correctly, isn't her story one of the main backbones to the agnostic sect?
                      I guess I'm not quite sure about what you're refering to here...
                      The whole Da Vinci Code thing was a huge misunderstanding taken to it's logical extremes...
                      And what do you mean about "because it portays people like Mary Magdalene in a positive light"?
                      I guess I just need to find out a little bit more about this before I can try to explain it to you...
                      I refer to them as uninformed, because there are a lot of christians that are practicing a religion that they never took the time to fully comprehend. Follow? I don't even practice the religion, but I probably know more about it then they do.
                      Yes, you're absolutely right. And I'm sure you do.
                      Although it's kinda sad when you really think about it...

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumper747
                        Well... I kinda see what you're saying. Jesus warned against others claiming to actually be the Messiah, and knowing the exact end of the world, and other things like that. But I don't quite see the point you're trying to make about Bush. He's a good Christian who stands by his beliefs, but what else are you trying to say here?
                        Basically, I'm saying if he was such a great christian, he wouldn't go around starting wars. The same, I suppose, could be said for bin Laden- if these guys are on so close to their faith- why are they killing?

Originally posted by puddlejumper747
                        I guess I'm not quite sure about what you're refering to here...
                        The whole Da Vinci Code thing was a huge misunderstanding taken to it's logical extremes...
                        And what do you mean about "because it portays people like Mary Magdalene in a positive light"?
                        I guess I just need to find out a little bit more about this before I can try to explain it to you...
                        Ok, in most sects, Mary is portrayed as a person that sells themselves for certain "activities." Mary had her own gospel. Now there are a few interesting things about this. She's thought of to be the wife of Jesus and that they procreated, and that Jesus came to her and and send to seek knowledge. My bad, it wasn't agnostics.

Let's drop the Mary stuff, because that's not quite on topic.

I never read Da Vinci code.

Comment

Mary Magdalene is portrayed in a pretty positive light anyway in the bible, isn't she? She's one of those who first see Jesus risen which would be an indication of her righteousness. Jesus takes her side against Pharisees and even against his own disciples; another indication.

I can't comment on your beliefs about norse mythology (cos I don't believe in it) other than to say I'm surprised that Jesus or antichrists come into it at all.

Madeleine

Comment

They don't "come into it," I just compared the two different belief systems.

It kind of depends upon which books you read.

Comment

I think we can pull as many theories out of our head as we like, but we'll never figured it out.
                              I'm a christian and I believe the bible:

Jesus said that he would come back when we'd least expect it.
                              So if people expect it, they'll always be proven wrong.
                              But I do think you could be right about the 'Age of the Wolf.'
                              The bible says there will be a 1000-year empire of evil before the end.
                              Bin laden and the current decay of social values could be the beginning.
                              sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Working...
                              X