What can beat the Andromeda Ascendant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Sorry, what's your point?"

This should be obvious, naquadah enchanced nukes, if the Exacalbur is unable to shoot them down = instant death.

Nukes do little damage to shields, see Earth's nuke launch against the Ha'taks of Aphosis.

Excalbur's weapons are great, main weapon is superb, still it has a disavantage of not having shields. See Babylon 5 Third Space movie, when facing ships with shields.

You are assuming the asteriods are of the same size and composition. I would say per 'shot' Exacalbur's main weapon is more powerful, but it is not a sustained beam. Replicators weapon which is a sustained beam and it required 24 hours to drain Atlantis shields with 1 ZPM! Excalbiur's main weapon is similar to the Ori one, 1 shot kills of ships and the beams continue on.

Exacalbur can fire about 1 shot per minute from the main cannon (30 second wait and 'recharge time')...Unless Atlantis is facing 100 Excalburs, they are toasted. 100% certainity of this. 1 Excalibur class ship would be a fly against Atlantis. Drones would take down so so many ships, unless they had advanced shields to withstand some drone barrages (Ori class).

"Anyways, the "slowness" has been shown" It is no slower than other beam weapons on various sci-fi shows. They approach the speed of light.

So easily the beams would hit the Andromeda, unless your are saying hitting the Andromeda is imposible? The Andromeda get's spanked by many less advanced ships on the show regularly.

Andromeda doing Michael Jackson's moon walk to avoid all incoming fire. =)

Comment

With the point defense turrets and the fire control system from excalibur, any zpm backed 304 would be unstoppable.

Comment

i think anything would really be a tough match against atlantis. we have easily seen drones evade almost everything that has tried to intercept them. they are very maneuverable. also, atlantis shields are probably the most powerful in the shield universe, ex.

1. it was able to withstand the pressure of a deep ocean for 10,000 years, which would have been under many atmospheres of pressure

2. it was able to survive bombardment form an untold number (probably in the hundreds) of wraith hives from what i have read a good 100 years war.

3. also, from what i have read, unlike most shields, when they take a certain amount of damage they have to essentially shut down to recharge, for atlantis, as long as you can pump the power into it, it will remain active and there is no need for recharge.

Comment

Alright heres the thing. Most of you(with the exception of a few) dont know, or show lack there of, Gene Roddenberrys Andromeda. And if you had ever watch the show enough, you would know that the only ship capable of destroying the Andromeda Ascendent, was from its own show.

ITS HOUR COME ROUND AT LAST 122

THE WIDENING GYRE

It in those two episodes, Season 1 finaly and Season 2 opening, that Andromeda is nearly destroyed.

If you have seen them then you know that it is the Magog world ship, that is the only ship capable of destroying Andromeda.
          What ever i am now, what ever this makes me, what evers happened to me, it doesnt change the man i am, have been, or want to be.- Colonel Saul Tigh.

Some times you have to roll a hard six-Admiral Adama

sigpic -Rest in Peace Battlestar Pegasus. BS62!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

SG1 could beat the Andromeda, They beat everyone .

Suprisingly I think a Battlestar could do reasonably better than most ships as lets say Pegasus doesn't use shields it relies on stopping the projectiles in flight. Would be hard to stop the amount of projectiles battlestars put into the air against the Andromeda but it would just have to out speed them.

They have impressive Ewar/Countermeasures against missles. They can scramble Cylon missiles effectively and have good armour. But a nova bomb getting through wouldn't be a very good ending for the Battlestar. Also Pegasus has that brutal forward battery, Remeber destroys a basestar (Must be about the same size as Andromeda) in 1 shot.

Asgard beams are to slow to hit it, We have to take into account what we see and they aren't lasers for all we know it is just ejected superheated plasma which wouldn't go the speed of light. We know they aren't lasers because they are to powerful to be lasers.

The Federation (Startrek) could do well if they were allowed to bring a fleet, Or the Jemhadar I say this because they can fire there Torpedoes at warp speed so they could definetly keep up with Andromeda (Because warp speed goes faster than light but stays in this dimension) and do reasonable damage depending if Andromeda could shoot them down but a quantum torpedo going faster than warp 9 would be pretty hard to stop.

Lexx could probably do it. Most powerful weapon in what 3? universes. And it can just eat Andromeda

Halo ships wouldn't do a thing except the actualy Halo superweapon but thats not a spaceship.

Atlantis could survive the fight easily but doesn't have the weapons speed to destroy the Andromeda so thats a draw.

Magouge world ship. Thats point singularity weapon OUCHIES and it survived several Nova bombs. The Magouge overan the ships internal defences aswell.
            if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
              "Nukes do little damage to shields, see Earth's nuke launch against the Ha'taks of Aphosis.
              Oh for crying out loud, they did not detonate, they hit the shields and their fuel exploded. I can hit you in the head with a grenade, and while it may hurt it probably won't kill you if it doesn't explode.
              All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
                "Sorry, what's your point?"

This should be obvious, naquadah enchanced nukes, if the Exacalbur is unable to shoot them down = instant death.
                Spoiler:

This is a "What can beat Andromeda" thred.

"Anyways, the "slowness" has been shown" It is no slower than other beam weapons on various sci-fi shows. They approach the speed of light.
                Can you prove it? Becuase you can't just assume stuff like that.

So easily the beams would hit the Andromeda, unless your are saying hitting the Andromeda is imposible? The Andromeda get's spanked by many less advanced ships on the show regularly.

Andromeda doing Michael Jackson's moon walk to avoid all incoming fire. =)
                By ships iN HER OWN UNIVERSE, where every cargo tuug can go relativisstic.

Comment

wouldnt a jumper be able to take it out with drones?
                  or an aurora?

and the oddy would surely have a chance. unless andromeda is from an uberverse.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    wouldnt a jumper be able to take it out with drones?
                    or an aurora?

and the oddy would surely have a chance. unless andromeda is from an uberverse.
                    No, no and yes.

Comment

A puddle jumper with flames painted along the sides?

Comment

but why cant drones hit it? the damn things can circumvert any known stargate defense mechanism

Comment

Imo, a ZPM backed Deddie would be able to do at least significant damage to the Andromeda. I mean, we have heard ehre, and seen on the series that the Andromeda's main weapon is its insane manuverablility. Do not foget, that the Deddies are also capable of dogfight-like manuevers. I am assuming (sue me, maybe this dont count), that the amounth that they have explained the Asgard Beams, they seem to be slower on screen then they actually are. All CGI lasers or sci-fi weapons semm to be slower on screen. Anyway, other than that, maybe a ZPM powered Aurora, (outfited with the replicator beam maybe?) could take it. For other ships, from other universes...ahh...I dont know.

Originally posted by Peoples_General
                          Okay... its been established that the Ori have the Toiletbowl-Class as their standard warships.

We should also try to watch out for the Sink Class cruisers, the even more massive Tub-Class carriers as well as the utterly gigantic 30km long Jacuzzi-Class mobile starbase.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                            but why cant drones hit it? the damn things can circumvert any known stargate defense mechanism
                            Their too slow.

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                            A puddle jumper with flames painted along the sides?

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                              Maybe fit some tailpipes on it so that they can shoot flames when it accelerates?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                                Maybe fit some tailpipes on it so that they can shoot flames when it accelerates?
                                Didn't we cover this in the "Pimp my Jumper" thread?

Comment

Working...
                                X