Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SG1 ten season box set, original Threads episode?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1 ten season box set, original Threads episode?

Okay, I don't know if I'm right about this, but when the Season 8 episode, Threads, originally aired, i thought it was an hour and half episode, but in the DVDs, it's just as long any other episode. Does anyone know what happened to it?

It was an hour and a half, and on my DVD its an hour and half too. I think some region dvds have the cut version that was made for repeats!

Click Signature for my take on all things in life, also known as my BLOG!!
    Please Read and if it interest you make a comment

Atlantis -
    SG1 -

Comment

If i remember correctly the first version of the DVD that was released had the shorter episode. Then fans protested and the later releases have the longer version.
      The 5th Race A StarGate Podcast
      The 5th Race Podcast RSS Feed
      The 5th Race Podcast iTunes Feed
      You can follow me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/jnolan
      You can follow me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/stargatepodcast

sigpic

Comment

Well, if the title isn't clear, does this SG1 boxset have the original airing of threads on the DVD, or is the shortened version? I remember reading people complained and any new released versions were changed, but I think that was for the individual season boxsets only.
        so, will this complete box set have the full episode or not? anyone know? Thanks in advance too!

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProduct...;-1&sku=699509

I see no mention of audio commentaries either, nor deleted scenes, etc. Did they even have deleted scenes or out takes on any stargate releases?

Comment

When I first read about this idea, I took out my DVDs and watched "Threads", timed it, and it was indeed the longer version. I have the entire 10 season set, so I don't know how long that episode is on any other DVD.

Comment

Well I think all the disks are the same as the ones that were in the original box sets, so the same commentaries that were with them, and I imagine the same length episodes unless they did change some (which I don't really know).

The bonus disks do come with them, and although I have limited knowledge of them I am fairly sure they do contain deleted scenes and out takes.
            sigpic

Comment

From what i can remember, a normal episode is around 40mins long plus the regular advert commercial breaks, making them an hour long. The Threads episode I have seen both in "shortened" and "as it should be". The episode is around 1 hour without the commercial breaks, and 1 1/2 with them.
              http://www.myspace.com/adam_1973

Comment

Originally posted by sg1adam View Post
                From what i can remember, a normal episode is around 40mins long plus the regular advert commercial breaks, making them an hour long.
                Yeah, I think the usual ratio for programs is 3:1.

30 minute shows are really about 21; hour programs are about 44.

Comment

Originally posted by padr49904 View Post
                  Well I think all the disks are the same as the ones that were in the original box sets, so the same commentaries that were with them, and I imagine the same length episodes unless they did change some (which I don't really know).
                  Man, if you don't know then please don't answer. It'll only confuse people.
                  As for the answer; YES, the Complete Series box set has the full length version of 'Threads'.

Originally posted by padr49904 View Post
                  The bonus disks do come with them, and although I have limited knowledge of them I am fairly sure they do contain deleted scenes and out takes.
                  Sorry, but the bonus discs do not contain any deleted scenes or outtakes.
                  Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig View Post
                    Man, if you don't know then please don't answer. It'll only confuse people.
                    As for the answer; YES, the Complete Series box set has the full length version of 'Threads'.

Sorry, but the bonus discs do not contain any deleted scenes or outtakes.

The bonus discs have two deleted scenes from two episodes in season 10. I don't recall any outtakes. If outtakes are "bloopers", there has been much conversation about why we've never gotten to see any of those, and various reasons put forth as to why they've never been included on anything.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      The bonus discs have two deleted scenes from two episodes in season 10.
                      Where? All I remember are the deleted scenes on the actual season 10 discs, I don't think the bonus discs contained any more?
                      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig View Post
                        Where? All I remember are the deleted scenes on the actual season 10 discs, I don't think the bonus discs contained any more?
                        Hmmm. You could be right about which discs the deleted scenes are on. What I remember is that the deleted scenes are from two episodes in the 10th season. I will have to go watch again so I'm not misleading anyone.

Comment

Working...
                        X