Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah, we Pagans wouldn't have issues. There isn't a lot in our beliefs that would negate the existence of ET and we are naturally untrusting of governments.

Comment

Humm, I`m not sure for the Jews, but the Christians kinda dont have the option "to go back", I mean, the what is on the bible is right, and the rest isnt right ? They decided what to take out and all...
      Even more for Catholics ( even tough I`m atheist most of my family is catholic, so i just kinda had to learn stuff ) because of the dogmas... It wouldnt be the first time for the pope to break a dogma.. but...
      I guess they would kinda just ignore, like they do with the evolution theory..
      Anyway, religion is about faith, if you have faith there`s nothing anyone can show you that will change it...

Comment

The Jews should be the same way since they started the Bible.

We can only hope that faith is based on something other than brainwashing.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
          Changing? We're talking about stuff written as far back as 5th century AD (that's about the date of the writing of the Talmud passages that mention 18 000 inhabited worlds and a few other interesting things). You suppose they were trying to make their beliefs conform to the theoretical possibilities expressed in 20-21 century science books (and science fiction)?
          don't suppose this book gives locations for these 18000 inhabited worlds does it?
          sigpic
          EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
          -Liberty Prime

Comment

Of course there is a gate address over there.. It`s just that Daniel forgot to translate =D

Comment

Originally posted by rlr149 View Post
              don't suppose this book gives locations for these 18000 inhabited worlds does it?
              At least one world (Meroz) is named in the book of Judges (its inhabitants are apparently cursed for not joining the righteous side in the fight against enemies of God), but it is not known what it corresponds to on modern-day star charts.

(Modern Biblical archaeologists assume it to have been a city somewhere north of mount Tabor, but no such city was ever found. Most of the ancient Jewish sources unanimously consider Meroz to be a star; its mention in the Judges is preceded by mention that "the stars in their course fought" against the mighty".)

Also, if one goes with the theory that the Biblical Nephilim were aliens, you could even get a rough direction. Nephila is the Aramaic word for the constellation of Orion.
              If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

ok so from religious extremism to mass hysteria...some good answers. but if the gate did exist, and evidence out there suggests that all religions are a load of ...... what then?

a planet with no beliefs? hmmmmm

but i dont think the orginal question was answered....is earth ready for the stargate? with all that sg1 have seen and done, and with atlantis etc..are we really ready for the life changing experience that is space....

Comment

Concerning belief, well I believe that God exist but on an entire different plane that us. I think that if He created the universe that means also that He created Time. So He would be really omnipotent and omnipresent since those are concepts he created.

Concerning religion, I think they are different ways to understand God. Being Muslim, I even believe that every person has his own religion and that I do not believe the same way as my fellow Muslim or Christian or Budhist. I also think that following a religion is just a mean to find your own truth. So for those that think Jihad, I'll tell the only real one his the constant war against yourself. Something like the thing Shifu told to Daniel between the battle between consciousness and subconscioussnees.

And concerning Stargate, I think that I read somewhere that God created Earth and that we were the 1st. So I tend to believe that we will not encounter other aliens for a long time because we are the most ancient (maybe even the future Ancients). In the case I am wrong, I think I won't start a riot but ask the right to see the other marvels of the universe and maybe also have my own personal Ha'tak.
                  La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
                  L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

Originally posted by Unbreak View Post
                    Humm, I`m not sure for the Jews, but the Christians kinda dont have the option "to go back", I mean, the what is on the bible is right, and the rest isnt right ?
                    Catholic Dogma does not dictate Protestant Belief. Nor does the words of any saint have meaning beyond that of possible heresy to the ears of many protestants. And Vise Versa.

Christians can't be overgeneralized. Many would consider the pope the anti Christ. Others see him as a delusional man and some just hold no opinion of him. Some sects would agree with the Jewish claims of other worlds mentioned in ancient times. others would just ignore it, it is of little relevance. Some sects might just make up their own Dogma. Basically depending on the Model of Christianity you adhere to, your reaction would be different.

I think people would be rioting cause of the lies the government made and the threat we face. not the beliefs that may not even be challenged. Perhaps even some Secrets in the Bible would be solved...

There is a Man Before Noah's time that was "Transplanted" by God so that he may not see death...ascension maybe? This is only one example.

How about the part where the children of Heaven joined the Children of Men...? We are talking about a fictional Show, thus spiritual text would have its own fictional interpretation.
                    By Nolamom
                    sigpic

Comment

Well, if Brazil, were one of the countries that knew about the stargate ( I know it isnt, as the show says that only "the major powers" were informed ) and took a long to tell people, even tough there was no threat.. I really dont see people here doing riots... What I do see, is the president being charged with high treason... Loosing his political rights... And possible his political party having problems to elect another president...

I dont really se why the riots... I mean, when people think they are about to die.. ok, I get it.. if we are going to die, we wont be hold responsible for what we steal.. And if we have so little to live, it`s better to enjoy life... Stop working and all...

But if the program were to be revealed now, there would be no reason for panic..
                      And people dont riot when their beliefs are proved wrong.. For example, it was said that Saint George was in the moon with a dragon... When the US went to the moon, and found no dragon.. There was no riots around the world..

There were lots more of discoveries like that.. For example.. In a lot of religions God created men ( homo sapien ), so when fossils of Australopithecus were found, that would go against it...
                      I really dont remember reading about riots in any of those cases..

Comment

Originally posted by Unbreak View Post
                        Well, if Brazil, were one of the countries that knew about the stargate ( I know it isnt, as the show says that only "the major powers" were informed ) and took a long to tell people, even tough there was no threat.. I really dont see people here doing riots... What I do see, is the president being charged with high treason... Loosing his political rights... And possible his political party having problems to elect another president...

I dont really se why the riots... I mean, when people think they are about to die.. ok, I get it.. if we are going to die, we wont be hold responsible for what we steal.. And if we have so little to live, it`s better to enjoy life... Stop working and all...

But if the program were to be revealed now, there would be no reason for panic..
                        And people dont riot when their beliefs are proved wrong.. For example, it was said that Saint George was in the moon with a dragon... When the US went to the moon, and found no dragon.. There was no riots around the world..

There were lots more of discoveries like that.. For example.. In a lot of religions God created men ( homo sapien ), so when fossils of Australopithecus were found, that would go against it...
                        I really dont remember reading about riots in any of those cases..
                        Actually Brazil is a signatory of the Antarctic treaty, so they should know about the gate.

Comment

Originally posted by kdmjuk View Post
                          ok so from religious extremism to mass hysteria...some good answers. but if the gate did exist, and evidence out there suggests that all religions are a load of ...... what then?

a planet with no beliefs? hmmmmm

but i dont think the orginal question was answered....is earth ready for the stargate? with all that sg1 have seen and done, and with atlantis etc..are we really ready for the life changing experience that is space....
                          We've already passed the top of being ready, and now we're on the downward side. I mean, we have an active space program again, along with many other countries around the world. We're getting greener. The US election, which is not a political thing at all, just a statement about the people running.

We can handle it.
                          It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
                          --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

At least one world (Meroz) is named in the book of Judges (its inhabitants are apparently cursed for not joining the righteous side in the fight against enemies of God), but it is not known what it corresponds to on modern-day star charts.

(Modern Biblical archaeologists assume it to have been a city somewhere north of mount Tabor, but no such city was ever found. Most of the ancient Jewish sources unanimously consider Meroz to be a star; its mention in the Judges is preceded by mention that "the stars in their course fought" against the mighty".)

Also, if one goes with the theory that the Biblical Nephilim were aliens, you could even get a rough direction. Nephila is the Aramaic word for the constellation of Orion.
                            you could have just said 'no'
                            sigpic
                            -Liberty Prime

Comment

Originally posted by rlr149 View Post
                              you could have just said 'no'
                              Nah. I'd rather give you the answer; there's no better way to highlight the logical deficiency of your question.

What system of coordinates was used in the star charts of 2000- 3000 years ago, rlr? And why would you look for such information in a book that doesn't aim to teach astronomy?
                              If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Nah. I'd rather give you the answer; there's no better way to highlight the logical deficiency of your question.
                                you brought them up..... as evidence you are effectively confirming 'alien' cultures here, i need more than your 'say so'.
                                locations help

What system of coordinates was used in the star charts of 2000- 3000 years ago, rlr? And why would you look for such information in a book that doesn't aim to teach astronomy?
                                perhaps the scientologists have an answer, i mean, they have jet powered dc8's, they must have come from somewhere! maybe one of your 'supposed' many planets.
                                sigpic
                                -Liberty Prime

Comment

Working...
                                X