This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sgtgary
    I don't hate the Nox, but I don't particularly like them much... It's not the pacifist side of them but rather their seeming-isolationist lives. They don't seem to care much about the Goa'uld stomping around their solar system. I'd bet if the galaxy was getting demolished around them, they would turn invisible and hide in their safe little world. Honestly, they were/are one of the four great races, but evidently only interested in the safety of their world.

However, they are fairly interesting & I'd be interested in seeing more about their lifes and culture.
    yeah I don't hate them as well but I can't figure out what they have done in the alliance.They are only so peacefull but selfish.What have they done in the alliance?
    Lord Zedd

Comment

The Nox are pretty boring. Sure, they're REALLY nice people, but whatever.

Comment

I like the episode "The Nox" but I don't reall have an opinion either way on them other than that.

Perfecto!

Comment

I like the Nox. So what if they don't have big flashy ships and Big, Hokin' Space guns! Actually, I think the Nox are probably more advanced than the Asguard. Apparently, the Ancients are the most advanced, all having managed to ascend, they do even less than the Nox. Besides, remember what Shifu said? It was something like "to defeat evil you must deny it battle"? I say that's probably what the Nox think. And I think it's a very valid way of life. If the Goa'uld couldn't fight people because they hide very effectively they'd be stuck.
          May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

The Nox are mysterious and we know nothing about them. They have extremely advanced technology (the floating city) but those we have met so far live a simple life. They share a LOT in common with the ancients and could be of the same species, just different values. Ancients and Nox both have mastered Stargate technology, have the ability to cloak stuff (abliet, using different means), have the power to heal and are kinda human.

What is life like in the Nox floating city? Is it an 'Atlantis' class city? Was it a gift to the Nox by the Ancients? Are those who live in the city less 'naturalistic'? What is the relationship between the Asgard and the Nox? The Ascended Ancients and the Nox?

Face it, we know nothing of these people. They are boring because they have been ignored by TPTB. I would love more stories about these people; but that seems like it will never happen.

Comment

The Ancients had weapons. The Nox don't.

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
                well, i agree that the hair is kinda weird, but other than that, how can you hate the nox? i mean, theyre awesome!
                They also seem to like tree moss. Maybe thats what causes the crazy hair thing!?

Comment

Originally posted by Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
                  I like the Nox. So what if they don't have big flashy ships and Big, Hokin' Space guns! Actually, I think the Nox are probably more advanced than the Asguard. Apparently, the Ancients are the most advanced, all having managed to ascend, they do even less than the Nox. Besides, remember what Shifu said? It was something like "to defeat evil you must deny it battle"? I say that's probably what the Nox think. And I think it's a very valid way of life. If the Goa'uld couldn't fight people because they hide very effectively they'd be stuck.
                  That's a good point. Also, many other posters on this forum believe the Nox are more advanced than the Asgard. Since we don't see much of their technology, it's hard to make a fair assessment, but you're probably right. I wonder if the Nox are also more advanced than the Furlings? Hard to say.

Comment

Originally posted by KayMan2k
                    The Nox are mysterious and we know nothing about them. They have extremely advanced technology (the floating city) but those we have met so far live a simple life. They share a LOT in common with the ancients and could be of the same species, just different values. Ancients and Nox both have mastered Stargate technology, have the ability to cloak stuff (abliet, using different means), have the power to heal and are kinda human.

What is life like in the Nox floating city? Is it an 'Atlantis' class city? Was it a gift to the Nox by the Ancients? Are those who live in the city less 'naturalistic'? What is the relationship between the Asgard and the Nox? The Ascended Ancients and the Nox?

Face it, we know nothing of these people. They are boring because they have been ignored by TPTB. I would love more stories about these people; but that seems like it will never happen.
                    All good points. I don't think they are offshoots of the Ancients, and I don't think they are all that similar to the Ancients, so I would bet that their tech is different. The Nox are probably pretty unique, unless they are similar to the Furlings.

Comment

I must say that i do like the nox they add a little bit of spice to the otherwise usually human alien races.

Comment

I just thought of something, if the PTB didn't make the nox one of the members of the alliance, we for the most part wouldn't care about them too much. They'd just be another race that hat was seen a few times and forgotten about.

Perfecto!

Comment

would be nice to see em again!
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

The Nox, at least the ones on the ground, remind me of Druids back in my days of AD&D. I never much liked treehuggers! Now the ones in the sky city...those have potential!
                            Last edited by Ancient 1; 05 November 2004, 06:08 AM. Reason: potential: not pitential!! Dummy...

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
                              The Ancients had weapons. The Nox don't.
                              The Ancients had weapons when they weren't yet ascended besides, why should the posession of weapons be a measure of advancement. We consider warring societies primitive, don't we? If we follow through on that then obviously the most advanced societies have to be the ones which are the most peaceful. In this case it's the Ancients (who even though had guns in the past, now have a policy of complete non-interference) and the Nox. I think that what is stopping the Asgaard from advancing even more is that they are in danger from the replicators therefore don't have the luxury of turning themselves to more lofty ideals.
                              May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

The nox are funny looking things. LMAO . I don't see what the big ho ha is about them.

True Love! <3 True Love! <3

Comment

Working...
                                X