The 2nd Coming of the Goa'uld ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 2nd Coming of the Goa'uld ?

Actually this is something I thought for a fanfic and I wanted to know how you feel about it guys. So feel free to comment.

The Symbiotes are divided in 3 groups :

- the Goa'uld : power hungry beings that are often eliminated because of their arrogance and lack of really social organization (that's good to be a god, as long as anyone don't try to shoot you...)

- the Tok'ra : professional of Hide and Seek mutual beings who hide quite well but end up to be found and wiped out easily. Population growth : negative. Well organized but have never really established a real social entity either because always on the run.

- the Jaffa : Shoot or be shot. They are just learning how to make a working society. But overal it seems like they have been fighting against each other for so long that they cannot just be friends anymore (xenophobia? racism? who knows)

So I thought, why not make the blending of those 3 sub-races via a Harcesis :
    - Goau'ld knwoledge and mischief is quite cool
    - Tok'ra intelligence will enable him to survive long enough to be a viable threat (more than 3 seasons at least)
    - Jaffa way of life will make it more trustworthy (and Kelnurim may help him to not go crazy over his genetic memory)

Don't jump to conclusions : I never said that he'd be a uber good or bad guy. He'd rather be the questionnable guy you like to see in common movies :

- what will a become? A new System Lord? an Ascended being like Shifu? like Anubis?
    - won't he try to unite the 3 Symbiotes sub-races under one objective : to show the Tau'ri that they are still an underdeveloped race...?
    - will he stop with the usual : I am your God...Is it a hole in my belly...? oh crap!

I have also other ideas but let's start with the comments.
    La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
    L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

This would be better suited in the General Stargate Discussion forum,
    but.. anyway...

Apart from the "I`m god" thing... The goa'uld is a great race, I mean genetic memory is the key. If they werent too busy fighting each other they would have became a greater race... Maybe because they live for thousands of year the genetic memory isnt that much "appreciated" but imagine if they only had normal life span, we would see the full potential of it...

Btw, the Tok`ra are as arrogant as the goa'uld. They just dont think they are gods, but think of humans as "children"... Even though the humans ended in one decade what they were trying to do for centuries.

But I cant see how they can make a jaff with goa'uld genetic memory, I mean, it would have to be a son of two hosts, but a jaffa cant be used as a host.

The only way would be to be a human, and then be transformed into a jaffa, but it would be quite strange someone with goa'uld memory having a symbiont in his belly....
    When meditating, he would chat with his symbiont pal ? =p

Comment

Originally posted by Unbreak View Post
      but.. anyway...

Apart from the "I`m god" thing... The goa'uld is a great race, I mean genetic memory is the key. If they werent too busy fighting each other they would have became a greater race... Maybe because they live for thousands of year the genetic memory isnt that much "appreciated" but imagine if they only had normal life span, we would see the full potential of it...

Btw, the Tok`ra are as arrogant as the goa'uld. They just dont think they are gods, but think of humans as "children"... Even though the humans ended in one decade what they were trying to do for centuries.

But I cant see how they can make a jaff with goa'uld genetic memory, I mean, it would have to be a son of two hosts, but a jaffa cant be used as a host.

The only way would be to be a human, and then be transformed into a jaffa, but it would be quite strange someone with goa'uld memory having a symbiont in his belly....
      It was the replicators, even though we were indirectly responsible
      Perhaps Puff

Comment

he meant tech aswell. but we killed quite a few lords

Comment

but.. anyway...

First I put it there to be able later (or sooner) to develop some new goa'uld tech :

- new Ha'tak or other ships
          - Nanites inside his body to be able to use Goa'uld tech and play the role of an enhanced immunity system (so enhanced that it can kill a symbiote trying to take him as host)
          - and other stuffs

Concerning the "blending" I thought it this way :
          - the harcesis is born from a Goau'ld Father/System Lord and a Tok'ra Mother/Spy/Queen.
          - the Father wanted a new host
          - the Mother wanted to snatch him from the Goa'uld and use him as a tactical advantage
          - something went horribly wrong (as always............)
          - the kid end up left to himself then is later taken and raised by Jaffas. and he has the intelligence to not barge in and cry out loud about who he really is.

Later he would use the Jaffa as being the backbone of his new domain. But they will not be treated as slave. Somewhat I'd like him to be like the Emperor in Star Wars : a good face to hide selfish desires.

Comment

Originally posted by nich959 View Post
            It was the replicators, even though we were indirectly responsible
            We were directly responsible =p They came to this galaxy cuz of us.. One of them even had Sam`s thinking pattern...

And I really think that if not them, we would have wiped them out.. I mean, even more after the new asgard upgrade...

And, if we were to use PJ, we would have done that =p

Unless the goa'uld stoped being arrogant and started to really think.. them we would have been screwed =p

Comment

Depends.

Comment

To continue on the subject I've listed the cool techs of our Symbiotes groups to see which should be reused and/or improved :

- Goa'uld Hand device- personnel force shield
                - transport rings + remote control
                Spoiler:
                Properly developed, it can become :
                - a simple remote control but with multiple fonctions like rings control, personal DHD (with a friendly way to dial an address), communicator or simply a kind of Goa'uld GDO.
                - a replacement to the zat guns with the ability to shoot at long or short range (which it already does but maybe more accurately)

- Goa'uld Satellites made by Daniel when he received their knowledge
                Spoiler:
                It would be cool to have them be launched directmly from Ha'tak. then they positionned around the enemies and shoot until they become toast or they are recalled. It would some kind of drones.

- Antigravity dock for Ha'tak construction
                Spoiler:
                I don't know yet but I am thinking about it. Maybe a cloaked hovering city/research or military base like the Nox City...?

- Staff weapon (I prefer the shorter Sodan ones)
                Spoiler:
                Cool design and quite powerful. But not as precise or quick to fire as the P90.

- liquid naquadah
                Spoiler:
                Not really a tech but I wonder if it is better than common naquadah.

- Cloaking device used by Ashrak/by Niirti
                - Cloaking device used by the Sodan
                Spoiler:
                The Go'uld should have thought to use it to make some kind of strike team. Somewhat like the Ree'tu rebels tactic. Hide and destroy.

- Skull warriors armor
                Spoiler:
                would be cool associated with the cloaking device. It would be like some kind of Predator unit.

- Space station (where the System lords used to meet)
                Spoiler:
                Currently the Tau'ri can easily find you when you hang around a Gate. maybe it's time to take some distance. PS : you can still use some Daniel satellites (cloaked maybe?), just in case some BC304 is visiting the neighbourhood ...

- sarcophagus
                Spoiler:
                A pity it makes you a bad arrogant pain in the a** person. but well why not integreate some kind of interaction device. so that you can still access your ship/base main systems.

- Apophis/Sokar? super Ha'tak
                Spoiler:
                cause it was cooler than Anubis one and it could cloak an entire fleet of smaller Ha'tak

- Tok'ra underground tunnel
                Spoiler:
                to solve some housing issues. and hide yourself under a paisible community of nature-loving gun-hating folks.

And that's what I have thought up to now.

Comment

now that's an arrogant thought. How do you know there aren't a hundred thousand Goa'uld on a hidden world reorganizing themselves right now for a counter offensive? Heck they are smart enough to know if they wait 10 more years Earth will get lazy and then use a surprise assault with 2 or 3 hundred Hat'aks.

A single symboite can live for thousands of years. do not ever think the Goa'uld are gone until you have checked every corner of the Galaxy for the next thousand years. All Earth did was assassinate all the Goa'uld leaders, and force their military to revolt. The Goa'uld every day workers, are still around, where is the tricky part. Socar's world was built for millions, do not think this is over yet.

Comment

but.. anyway...

Actually, the acts of the Tau'ri did lead to a power creep within Goa'uld dominions, giving more power to a few.
                    One of the greatest blows against the Goa'uld was a plan from the Tok'ra. They did blow up a moon and a sun to destroy System Lords. they were behind the symbiote poison, which the Trust used to kill more symbiotes.
                    The Tau'ri never defeated the Goa'uld as a whole, and contrary to the Tok'ra, had a modicum of protection from the Asgards. Not counting the high tech gifts.
                    The problem with the Tok'ra is that they never trusted the Jaffa, while three Tau'ri did because they had no other choice but to try a last gamble or die.
                    The Goa'uld were largely defeated by forces like the Replicators, which the Tau'ri could do nothing against.
                    Actually, it's even the collaborative work of a Tok'ra and a powerful Goa'uld which saved the galaxy from the bugs, while Carter was busy shooting some of them.

Originally posted by lord groovy View Post
                    First I put it there to be able later (or sooner) to develop some new goa'uld tech :

- new Ha'tak or other ships
                    - Nanites inside his body to be able to use Goa'uld tech and play the role of an enhanced immunity system (so enhanced that it can kill a symbiote trying to take him as host)
                    - and other stuffs

Concerning the "blending" I thought it this way :
                    - the harcesis is born from a Goau'ld Father/System Lord and a Tok'ra Mother/Spy/Queen.
                    - the Father wanted a new host
                    - the Mother wanted to snatch him from the Goa'uld and use him as a tactical advantage
                    - something went horribly wrong (as always............)
                    - the kid end up left to himself then is later taken and raised by Jaffas. and he has the intelligence to not barge in and cry out loud about who he really is.

Later he would use the Jaffa as being the backbone of his new domain. But they will not be treated as slave. Somewhat I'd like him to be like the Emperor in Star Wars : a good face to hide selfish desires.
                    More like Imhotep. He started from scratch, first a warrior, then a leader, and would probably move towards the equivalent of a king, and then, with time, become more of a divine crazy figure, since the Jaffa who fought along him would be dead, and all that would remain would be legends left to alter, in favour of Imhotep.
                    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
                      More like Imhotep. He started from scratch, first a warrior, then a leader, and would probably move towards the equivalent of a king, and then, with time, become more of a divine crazy figure, since the Jaffa who fought along him would be dead, and all that would remain would be legends left to alter, in favour of Imhotep.
                      Yes somewhat like that. But my guy would rather stay in the shadows. like the Trust I thought. He would help the Jaffa and Tok'ra (maybe) and Goa'uld (probably not) into building a striving society but he won't step in the position of leadership.

that is why I talked about a 2nd coming : basically he will be less power-hungry that the normal Goa'uld. He would just be satisfied with being the most influent being (1st fortune?) of the galaxy.

I wonder also : would the Genetic memory be passed to the offspring of a harcesis and :
                      - a human?
                      - a Goa'uld/Tok'ra?
                      - a Jaffa (with or without a symbiote)?

Comment

Working...
                      X