Clear All

FIREFLY: Actor news and articles

Didn't see a thread for news on the actors post-Firefly, so made one

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...bfaf5b4793d7e9

Morena Baccarin cast in Hemingson pilot
    ABC ensemble set in L.A. law firm
    By Nellie Andreeva and Kimberly Nordyke
    May 8, 2008, 12:54 AM

Morena Baccarin has landed the female lead in ABC's untitled Dave Hemingson drama pilot… The Hemingson project, from 20th TV, is an ensemble about a law school grad (Matt Long) from a blue-collar background who joins a Los Angeles boutique law firm. Baccarin ("Heartland") will play another new associate at the firm, a scrupulous Beverly Hills born and bred. She is repped by ICM and the Collective

… "Castle," from ABC Studios, is a comedic procedural about a famous mystery novelist (Nathan Fillion) helping the NYPD solve crimes. Santiago-Hudson ("Lackawanna Blues") will play a police chief. He is repped by Gersh and Vincent Cirrincione.

Full story at link above, plus photo of Morena

Nathan Fillion has been a very busy boy this year...

He's filmed the movies Trucker, Chilled in Miami, done the voice of Col Steve Trevor for the animated feature of Wonder Woman, He's been a regular guest on Desperate Housewives, He's starring in the Joss Whedon Internet Musical Doctor Horrible's Sing-Along Blog and NOW the new TV series "Castle" phew! and we're not even half way throught the year yet!

Also, Alan Tudyk has started work on a new ABC series also and of course we all know that Summer Glau is in Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles and Jewel is - needless to say LOL - now a regular cast member of Stargate Atlantis.

I believe Gina Torres is doing a new series too but I can't recall the details on that

Comment

Pretty impressive- just about the entire cast of the series has gone on to some pretty sweet things. Though I'll never, ever watch Desperate Housewives. Not even for Nathan. Bring on Captain Hammer!

Comment

Saw this over at Whedonesque, so if you read that site you've already seen this.

Interesting interview with Adam Baldwin about some of the various roles he's starred in during his career.

AB: I'm under the impression that getting the job [on Firefly] was an outlet from having done some guest work on X-Files. I was in kind of a funky stage in my life. My kids were young, I was hanging out with them, playing a little golf. Being a slacker. My manager called up and said I had to meet the guys from X-Files. I'd auditioned for the Robert Patrick role, but I guess I was wrong for it. Wrong age, wrong type, or just too tall for Gillian Anderson. They liked the audition, though. They brought me back for something else, so Joss [Whedon] had seen my work on the network. So I was on their list, too. I read for him, it went by pretty quick. You read two scenes; if they like you, they test you within a week, and bang, you're off and running. I remember that Joss knew we were under the gun [with Firefly] from the get-go, because they weren't too thrilled with the pilot. So they gave us Fridays at 8 p.m., they didn't want to use the two-hour pilot, because it wasn't finished. That's a reminder that you don't want to give your boss an unfinished product. There was a battle sequence that was supposed to open the show that wasn't in the pilot, so I guess it felt kind of plodding. We were thrown into a perfect storm of baseball playoffs and American Idol's first season. The ad campaign was a little misleading. When you get below a 3 or a 2.5, you're on the block. It's just numbers.

{snip}

AVC: What was your inspiration for Jayne Cobb?

AB: I had just been trying to do Warren Oates from The Wild Bunch meets Eli Wallach from The Good The Bad And The Ugly. Guys like that. Those are guys I was trying to impersonate, mixed in with some Strother Martin. Those are great Western guys. I just always approached it as a Western, with that sensibility. You can shoot someone in the back and rationalize it, because you're out on the frontier, and survival of the fittest. No honor among thieves. It was up to Joss to infuse him with a little bit of a heart of gold and honor for [Nathan Fillion's character] Mal. The rest of them, he could take or leave them. And later I saw Alien again, and it turns out I was just doing Yaphet Kotto.

AVC: What was it like reprising the role for Serenity?

AB: It fit like a glove. I still had the boots from the series. I slipped right back into those, and a couple of the T-shirts. We upgraded them a little bit, and put on some cooler beltwork and weaponry. The gun sling that the prop guy made for the movie used a quick-release parachute capo. That was pretty cool. It was great to have that group back again, because at that point, we all appreciated what it was. It was probably the most fun job I've ever worked on. It was so sweet. Such redemption. I'm sorry the movie didn't make more money at the theaters. If we'd had three more million viewers for the show, we'd still be on the air, and if we'd had three million more butts in the seats, we'd probably have made a sequel or two.
        Click the link to read the whole thing.
        IMO always implied.

Comment

Firefly: Would FOX or NBC Be Willing To Bring It Back?

Posted on 29 May 2009 by Nick C

While speaking with some people over the last few weeks there has been a lot of chatter about FIREFLY. There are those who think FIREFLY is the only reason DOLLHOUSE was renewed (not true, but everyone is entitled to their opinion) because FOX didn’t want another FIREFLY disaster (basically the DVD set selling in outrageously large numbers that proved the series was canceled prematurely, and treated horribly). I kept saying “If that was the only reason, they’d just bring FIREFLY back, and pull a FAMILY GUY.”

Is that realistic? Well lets first consider the fact that DOLLHOUSE was renewed for multiple reasons and FIREFLY was likely in the back of their minds. However Eliza Dushku & Joss along with the rest of the cast and crew provided a lot of good reasons for renewing the show during the 2nd half of season one. DOLLHOUSE was renewed for a lot of reasons and FIREFLY wasn’t a big part of it. However that doesn’t mean that FOX wouldn’t like to bring it back.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/05/29...-it-back/19669

Comment

Exclusive: Gina Torres Joins Gossip Girl

Gina Torres will appear on Gossip Girl this fall as Vanessa's mom, TVGuide.com has learned exclusively.

Gabriela Abrams, mother to home-schooled vid-kid Vanessa, is described as being warm and outgoing, which will certainly be a change of pace for this show, not exactly known as the paragon of parental virtue. She is a free spirit, a former Brooklynite who lives "off the grid" in Vermont and has definite opinions about things, especially concerning her daughter. Ah, that's more like it.

Torres is best known for her roles on Alias and Firefly, though she also had a recent blink-and-you-miss-it cameo on Pushing Daisies as the wayward mom of Emerson's daughter. The actress is married to CSI's Laurence Fishburne.

Gabriela Abrams is currently scheduled to appear in two episodes, but she will recur on the series. Gossip Girl returns for its third season on Monday, Sept. 14 at 9/8c on the CW.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Exclusiv...s-1009069.aspx

Comment

Summer Glau Confirmed for Dollhouse

Summer Glau is entering Joss Whedon's Dollhouse, folks.

No, really.

She joins the show in episode 5 -- airing in October -- for two initial eps playing a character called Bennett, working inside the Dollhouse.

The news was confirmed to us by Fox.
              http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/0...dollhouse.html

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                Summer Glau Confirmed for Dollhouse
                Summer Glau is entering Joss Whedon's Dollhouse, folks.

No, really.

She joins the show in episode 5 -- airing in October -- for two initial eps playing a character called Bennett, working inside the Dollhouse.

The news was confirmed to us by Fox.

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/0...dollhouse.html
                Oh, that's awesome! I glad Joss and Summer are reunited
                sigpic
                My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

Gina Torres joins the Vampire Diaries

Just as she did on ‘Angel,’ Gina Torres is once again rubbing shoulders with bloodsuckers and dabbling in supernatural such-and-such - only this time she is doing it with a role on The CW’s ‘The Vampire Diaries.’
                  Sources tell me that Torres will guest star on the freshman drama’s 10th episode as Bree, a “past” associate of Damon’s. Being a bit of a witch, Bree possibly holds the key to the more sinister Salvatore brother acquiring something he desperately wants – access to a tomb.

Interestingly, Torres’ ‘Vampire’ visit could find her airing on three shows at once, seeing as she has been recurring as Courtney B. Vance’s wife on ABC’s Thursday leadoff drama, ‘FlashForward. and on ‘Gossip Girl‘ as Vanessa’s mother.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2009/11/gin...iestaylor.html

Comment

Summer Glau Joins The Cape Pilot

NBC’s The Cape pilot, already one of my favorite scripts of the fall season, just got better. In other words, “it’s hot in here. Must be Summer.”

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles and Firefly star Summer Glau has joined the cast of NBC’s Fall 2010 contender The Cape.

THR describes her character as “a cute and intrepid investigative blogger who fearlessly goes after the corrupt cops and costumed bad guys.” Her characer’s name is Orwell, and it is said she does get physical and is “quite capable of kicking ass.”

http://www.ksitetv.com/summer-glau-j...he-cape-pilot/

Comment

Alan has joined the cast of the Rockford Files Reboot. Someone to actually make this show worth watching!!!
                      MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                      MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                      POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                      CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                      GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                      VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                      FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Firefly star Gina Torres guests on Warehouse 13!

Gina Torres, who played the kick-ass Zoe on Joss Whedon's Firefly/Serenity, will appear as a guest star in the upcoming second season of Syfy's hit Warehouse 13, becoming the third Firefly star to guest on the show.

continues:
                        http://scifiwire.com/2010/03/firefly...medium=twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                          Firefly star Gina Torres guests on Warehouse 13!

Gina Torres, who played the kick-ass Zoe on Joss Whedon's Firefly/Serenity, will appear as a guest star in the upcoming second season of Syfy's hit Warehouse 13, becoming the third Firefly star to guest on the show.
                          Sounds good will watch for her
                          http://youtu.be/mXiMpdrapgg(Lazlo's latest movie "Space Captain"http://orionspace.info/index.php Lazlo's home
                          sigpic

Comment

I saw these vids on fireflyfans.net, and I'm not sure if these have been posted on this forum yet (or if this is the appropriate thread):

sigpic

Comment

Three of my favorite actresses on one panel.
                              A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Working...
                              X