This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop This Madness!

Stop arguing over religion! just stop it! you aren't going to change anyone's beliefs. you aren't going to prove or disprove anything so just stop it! you all have the right to believ in whatever you want, but you have no right to tell people what they can, or can't believe in! ATHEISTS aren't better than anyone! AGNOSTICS aren't better than anyone! CHRISTIANS aren't better than anyone! JEWS aren't better than anyone! MUSLIMS aren't better than anyone! HINDUS aren't better than anyone! PASTAFARIANS aren't better than anyone! so just stop it!!!!!! all of you! and if someone starts insulting your beliefs, don't insult theirs, that's how wars start.
    And as for the title, THIS IS NOT SPARTA!
    thank you and good day
    Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
    sigpic

Originally posted by tombombadail View Post
    Stop arguing over religion! just stop it! you aren't going to change anyone's beliefs. you aren't going to prove or disprove anything so just stop it! you all have the right to believ in whatever you want, but you have no right to tell people what they can, or can't believe in! ATHEISTS aren't better than anyone! AGNOSTICS aren't better than anyone! CHRISTIANS aren't better than anyone! JEWS aren't better than anyone! MUSLIMS aren't better than anyone! HINDUS aren't better than anyone! PASTAFARIANS aren't better than anyone! so just stop it!!!!!! all of you! and if someone starts insulting your beliefs, don't insult theirs, that's how wars start.
    thank you and good day
    I like it Tom. I really do. Let us see what the result of this little experiment should be.

Comment

thank you and good day

Comment

thank you and good day
        you're right.
        i'm better than all of them.

Comment

thank you and good day
          Yes and humanity would be where exactly if people never questioned things? Ohhh yeah thats right living in caves
          A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
            Yes and humanity would be where exactly if people never questioned things? Ohhh yeah thats right living in caves
            i never said you shouldn't question religion, i said you shouldn't insult people for having religion.
            sigpic

Comment

i never said you shouldn't question religion, i said you shouldn't insult people for having religion.
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

For some people the two are the same (not saying that with anyone in mind but it is unfortunatly true).

And if someone's beliefs are based off falsehoods I will call them on it and I will not apologise for that nor should I have too.

On a separate point I can be sarcastic/ insult someone (depending how you view sarcasm) for their politics but not their religion? why is religion afforded special status?
                A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

For some people the two are the same (not saying that with anyone in mind but it is unfortunatly true).

And if someone's beliefs are based off falsehoods I will call them on it and I will not apologise for that nor should I have too.

On a separate point I can be sarcastic/ insult someone (depending how you view sarcasm) for their politics but not their religion? why is religion afforded special status?
                  because politics are more easily changed.
                  "it is easier t change an opinion than it is to change a belief"
                  and Nazism is a form of politics.
                  sigpic

Comment

So you're saying that there aren't people who whole-heartly believes that some races are less worth than others?

Comment

Nazism is also a belief, a belief that your race is better than others. Infact all politics are beliefs and all religions are opinions they are cut from the same cloth as it were.

And as for the politics are easier to change than beliefs comment, what just because somethings difficult means its not worth doing? you will never get far in life with that attitude!

Comment

Nazism is also a belief, a belief that your race is better than others. Infact all politics are beliefs and all religions are opinions they are cut from the same cloth as it were.

And as for the politics are easier to change than beliefs comment, what just because somethings difficult means its not worth doing? you will never get far in life with that attitude!
                        (JUST SO YOU KNOW I'M NOT RELIGIOUS AT ALL)
                        okay, let me give you a scenario:
                        There is a homeless little boy living alone on the streets because his drunk father kicked him out to save money. the only reason that boy doesn't just roll over and die is the belief in a higher power. would you deny that little boy the right to believe in a higher power? if so, you a a terrible person.
                        a different scenario:
                        A rich business man who can do what ever he wants credits his success to believing in the very same higher power stated above. would you deny him the right to believe? and if so what makes it okay to change his and not the boy above?
                        sigpic

Comment

The way I see it...

Challenge a religion all you want, for a religion is merely a human controlled political system of governence like any other, the Vatican itself is a country for crying out loud. Religions are responsible for a lot, for attrocities, for good things, and for generals ways of life. A religion should be criticised as much as a political stance.

A FAITH however should not be. Unlike religion, which has a direct effect on the world, an individuals faith in the greater universe, be in God, gods, reincarnation, heaven, or whatever should not be criticised. That is a personal belief that can neither be proven or disproven, the latter being the most important element of scientific study. If an individual feels that the world is greater than rotting matter and entropy, then why shouldn't they believe that? If an individual believes thats all the world is, then why shouldnt they believe that either? Faith can bring happiness, and is no different to a belief in aliens, ghosts or some of the more radical aspects of quantum physics which are all just theory (note- i dont mean general physics, thats solid, but even scientists admit that some physics bears a huge resemblance to faith).

I'm a massive critic of religion. But everyone has a right to the believe in that which we can't see.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

(JUST SO YOU KNOW I'M NOT RELIGIOUS AT ALL)
                            okay, let me give you a scenario:
                            There is a homeless little boy living alone on the streets because his drunk father kicked him out to save money. the only reason that boy doesn't just roll over and die is the belief in a higher power. would you deny that little boy the right to believe in a higher power? if so, you a a terrible person.
                            a different scenario:
                            A rich business man who can do what ever he wants credits his success to believing in the very same higher power stated above. would you deny him the right to believe? and if so what makes it okay to change his and not the boy above?

I'm sorry, but what did that have to do with The_Carpenter's post?

Comment

Originally posted by Angelgrinder View Post
                              I'm sorry, but what did that have to do with The_Carpenter's post?
                              had to do with his post before that really. i just quoted the wrong one.
                              better?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X