Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There's No Place Like Home, Part 3 (414)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally im not so sure jins dead, michael on the other hand is very much so, as hes been trying to commit suicide for a long time now an the island wouldnt let him and when christian sheppard appeared in the freighter he said you can go now or something very close to that implying he can die now.

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_mal_Doran View Post
      I can't believe they killed Jin. I don't remember which episode it was, but the one with the forward flash when Sun was having her baby, it also showed Jin buying a panda for another couple who were also having a baby. If that was a flashback, that could explain it, but the way it was done, I thought they were both forward flashes. Any ideas?
      they split it that episode on purpose. Jin's was a flashback, Sun's was a flash forward.
      That's why Jin had an older cell, and there was no mention at all about what baby he was getting the panda for.

I'd wager good money on Jin really being dead. Hurley was on the chopper when the boat exploded, and he came to see Sun and went with her to his grave too. No, it's not proof, but I think it's a pretty sound theory/conclusion.

but yeah, michael is gone.
      If my other forums weren't down right now, I'd post an article about an interview with Harold Perrineau and how he was upset about the fate of his character after coming back.

Comment

Oh cant wait to see the finale tomorrow

Comment

I think the theory that Jeremy Bentham is an Orchid-made duplicate of Locke is entirely plausible. (Watch the Orchid video with the twinned #15 bunny.) I think that when the Six get back to the island, they are going to be shocked to find Locke there alive and well.

Does this mean there might be two Bens running around, as well? He wasn't exactly time-space shifted by the Vault, but he was apparently time (3 years, ahead to 2007) and space shifted by what he did in the hidden room behind it.

I suspect that Jin is really and truly dead, as is Michael. Christian didn't magically whisk Claire away -- he appeared to her in the jungle and got her to follow him. An island apparition does not have the power of teleporting others, so far as we know.

What is Sun doing with Widmore? If she thinks they have common interests, I suspect it's the joy of hating Benjamin Linus. If she too was visited by Jeremy Bentham / Locke, she could have found out that Ben indirectly (and without any regret) caused Jin's death by killing Keamy. She may want revenge on Ben (and, perhaps, Widmore too for that matter) -- and will be in for a surprise when she finds Ben teamed up with Sayid, Jack, and Hurley next season.

How did Widmore find out about what happened on the island and the circumstances surrounding Alex's death ("The Shape of Things To Come")? When he spoke to Ben about who was to blame for her death, it implied that some of the strike team actually made it back to him.

Ben said he can never return to the island, but clearly he has "a few ideas" about how he and the Oceanic Six (and Locke) might make it back. I suspect he is using them to get back to the island ... after he takes care of a little personal business with Penelope.
          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
            I think the popular consensus was that the Panda was a flashback designed to throw us off. This is the problem, I think, when people get too much information from sources that are not the actual show- they start to expect things based on what the producers say and then have issues when other things come to fruition. This has happened in other shows that will not be mentioned but are relevant to this forum...
            jin was a flashback. I remember him giving hte panda as a gift to one of sun's father's compatriots, at the behest of sun's father.

in other words, it took place when he was sun's father's patsy, not in the future with sun having her child.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
              that is possible and would better explain the presence of a single wheel for moving the island (clockwise/counterclockwise depending on whether u want to travel in the future or the past)
              whereas space travel would logically require 2 wheels (for the x & y coordinates) depending on destination longitude & latitude

thing is, would time travel cause the water to move & ripple where the island previously was ?
              yeah. because let's say in 2007 it exists at 20 degrees north latitude (i'm just pulling numbers out of my head here), but ben jumps it back to 1807, and it's at 18 degrees north latitude, it no longer exists at 20 degrees, thus the water rushes in to fill the emptiness, while at 18 degrees, the water is pushed away

In the middle of an empty ocean, no one would notice and it's possible that anything picked up by the seismometers is just written off as a minor earth quake
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Jin isn't dead because they need a hook to get sun back to the island

Comment

Originally posted by Dave C View Post
                  Jin isn't dead because they need a hook to get sun back to the island
                  She cant be sure hes dead at all neither can we thats the hook. Regardless of wether he actually is or not. Personally i think he could still be alive because if he managed to get off the freighter in time dan was in the dingy with some of the other losties, michael on the otherhand is a goner, the island let him go.
                  Last edited by marty2006; 01 June 2008, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Best, Finale, Ever!

For once there is no indication of what is going to happen next which is brilliant because it makes me want to watch it even more! If only Stargate Atlantis took a cue from Lost in how to do an ending because the last finale of Atlantis made me angry.

(Also my first post in several months after being away at university! yey!)
                    Director/Editor/Writer

Comment

Originally posted by cyberash View Post
                      Oh My God!!!

I am still not convinced that Micheal and Jin are actually dead either. Yes, I know the boat blew up, but Micheal was talking to Christian just before (Christian may have saved him) and Jin could have jumped into the water or something... Maybe Christian saved him too? I don't know. But I wouldn't rule out the possability of them to be still alive

In regards to SaywerI wouldn't mind knowing what he said to Kate. Obviously we'll find this out at some point, but still, would be nice to know now.
                      I think Michael is dead because if you remember that the island wouln't let him die until he fulfilled his role (he even put a gun to his head and nothing happened). When the bomb was about to blow up Christian told him "you can go now", which means that his job is done and he can finally die.

Also in regards to what sawyer said there is a video here which makes sense of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5W2-...eature=related
                      Director/Editor/Writer

Comment

Ben has a few ideas? I have one: Ben and Jack kidnap Aaron, Ji-Yeon, and Penny, take them to the Island with Locke. Kate, Sun, and Desmond will plead with Sayid to help them, the Island will send Libby to beckon Hurley, and there you have it - Return to the Planet of the Apes... er... yeah, anyway...

Isn't it amazing that the producers have twice now spent a few million on shifting filming to London in order to have the actor who plays Widmore? He must consider himself very special.
                        sigpic

Comment

woah what a finale alot of my questions were most certainly answered....about time too

Im still puzzled on one thing tho...im guessing when we saw Sun in hospital giving birth....i guess that was a flashback? it has to be if Jin is dead...or is he?...well the boat blew up so he has to be dead lol..but im confused because in that same flashback/forward he was going to the hospital with a huge panda then it shows Sun and Hurley visiting his grave....so im a little confused on that one....

Comment

Originally posted by xXValaXx View Post
                            woah what a finale alot of my questions were most certainly answered....about time too

Im still puzzled on one thing tho...im guessing when we saw Sun in hospital giving birth....i guess that was a flashback? it has to be if Jin is dead...or is he?...well the boat blew up so he has to be dead lol..but im confused because in that same flashback/forward he was going to the hospital with a huge panda then it shows Sun and Hurley visiting his grave....so im a little confused on that one....
                            Jin's story was a flashback, Sun's story was a flash forward. They were two separate events.
                            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Yeh i was thinking that Thanks

Comment

Awesome finale, as expected. Ever since the Ben-centric episode this season, i've been calling him a teleporter and it feels nice to be vindicated (since my mates thought i was nuts).

Since Ben was moved to Tunisia in 2005 (and he correctly judged that 'October' would be in 2005), i suspect the island has also moved through time and space. This may have implications for the very ageless Richard, then again it may not. Either way, i don't believe that 3 years of island action have passed for the Losties left behind (which always seemed like a lot, given the whole series has taken place on-island over a couple of months)

As for Ben himself, his explanation for his lethal actions seemed a little too quick. Did he really coldly reflect on his life choices in those few seconds after fanatically killing Keamy ? It's also suspicious that Keamy was alive at all and Ben seemed to expect that the person coming down the elevator would be him. Keamy was down when Ben was freed, why didn't he make sure Keamy was dead after Richard shot him ? His daughter's killer was at Ben's feet, on an island with remarkable healing properties, and he didn't even look at the body ?

Come to think of it, the urgency on the island should by rights have been over when Richard shot Keamy. Ben told Jack to get on that boat within the hour but he moved the island in an awful hurry. He didn't even stop to let Locke finish watching the video. Couldn't Ben have waited an hour or two to let Jack and co. off the island, as he promised he would let them do ? Particularly since he knew a rescue effort was going on down at the beach to ferry Losties off the island, if he knew that much then he probably knew that it was going to take some time.

I keep thinking of the scene where Ben asks what the 'arrangement' was between Richard and Sayid/Kate. He accepts Richard's deal to let them off the island by saying "fair enough". Kate, disbelieving, asks him if "that's it", to which Ben replies "that's it".

I think Kate was on to something to here. I think Ben was in a hurry to move the island precisely because he didn't intend to let them leave. The freighter had moved inside the island's time radius to within sight of the island. If Ben had moved the island before the freighter could leave the radius, it's possible that the freighter (with all the people Ben has technically let 'leave' the island) would move with it. If the safe bearing passage out of the radius changes when the island moves, Ben would've succeeded in trapping the Losties whilst technically allowing them to leave the island itself.

Or an even more sinister theory ; Ben may checked out Keamy, discovered he was alive and seen the heart-rate monitor, then deliberately waited for Keamy to come after him, giving the Losties time to get on the boat, before killing Keamy and destroying the freighter. Also, what would have happened if Keamy was still alive and Ben moved the island ? That too could have caused the freighter to explode.

In any event, Ben would no longer be there to answer the charge that he broke his word.

Even if you take his word at face value, Ben still cares nothing for the lives of innocent people, despite his claims to the contrary. It seems even his enemies believed Ben was a good man, since Keamy went to the trouble of rigging the freighter, thinking that Ben wouldn't kill a bunch of innocents. His enemies thought wrong ; the man who helped massacre the DHARMA Initiative has not changed at all in 12 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X