Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There's No Place Like Home, Part 3 (414)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
    no. the purple sky in Season 2 was the electromagnetic discharge from the island.
    ah yes of course! thanks guess I should rewatch the s2 finale...
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
      Man you must have alot of time on your hands if you can write all this about somthing you cant stand.
      Just because I have to watch it doesn't mean I have to enjoy it

Comment

As always, "Lost" is the very last major finale of May sweeps, bringing the season to a rousing close. I've never been disappointed with a "Lost" finale, and that trend certainly continues this time around. The more I think about it, the more I like it. It's going to be a very long wait for the fifth season, but at this point, I have absolutely no doubt that it will be worth it.

Lost 4.13/4.14: There's No Place Like Home: Part II

Overall, this episode was a satisfying season finale, completing the season arc while sowing the seeds for the next chapter. While some immediate questions were answered, most of the larger mysteries remain, leaving plenty of room to maneuver in the final two seasons. Even so, this was the final piece in an important bridge towards resolution.

Comment

Originally posted by stargateanubis14 View Post

Overall, i think season 5 is going to have to focus a LOT more on the real-world (non-island), because the most, if not all of the main characters are all off the island. This can open a whole new door of information, and drama (such as involvement of public, or Whitmore finding the island again...just too much to think about at once). Season 5 has many doors to open, and we know how much lost can open more doors than we even know about (think back to the first hatch we ever found...and all the assumptions we could make!) So much is still unknown about the island, what the smoke is, HOW THE HECK IT MOVES, what was the true purpose of darma, and was Whitmore against it all from the beginning, who Jacob is, how he knows so much? , and OH so much more...
          I agree with the focus on the real world. I suspect that the main action will take place post-Oceanic 6 living their rather screwed up lives and they will flashback to the disaster that Locke claims happened on the Island. My money is Sawyer did something dumb. LOL
          sigpic

Comment

I'm just so glad the finale was a two-hour and not a one-hour show. Can you imagine what would have been missed if all that was condensed for a single episode?

Next season will rock, and there will be some interesting developments to be sure. My thinking is that Sawyer and Juliet will become joint leaders of the beach crew. Is Micheal really dead? If 'Island Christian Sheppard' can steal Claire away, could he have not done the same to Michael. And as for Jin, well even if he had gotten off the freighter, he couldn't have survived long after that without the Island to go back to.

One of my major predictions for the future may be a bit of a spoiler, but as yet it is only speculation...

Spoiler:
            Those who have died on the Island aren't truly dead and/or have the ability to be restored to life. The way they are playing the dead characters who appear as ghosts in some episodes seems to suggest that they are more than just Island manifestations.

But another prediction, which I feel is more solid...

Spoiler:
            Locke isn't completely dead... Jeremy Bentham was a doppelganger, a duplicate, created by using the Orchid station. If Locke had set the shift to a negative setting, then he would effectively transport himself back, say, a few seconds, and there would be two of them. Evidence? Unedited Orchid Orientation Film

Bwahaha! I love it! And then of course there are further implications if we combine the two theories above!

Spoiler:
            Time travel back to retrieve dead people using the Orchid!

This show just got creepier!

ComicCon in July will have a LOST panel, let's hope they spill a few secrets about next season, specifically casting.
            sigpic

Comment

Oh My God!!!

What an awesome season final. Have just finished watching it, and I think it ties up a lot of loose ends fairly nicely. I would think, that now they're off the island (both in the future tense, and present) that next season will be on-off the island, alternating between those who are off, and those who are still there.

I am still not convinced that Micheal and Jin are actually dead either.
              Spoiler:
              Yes, I know the boat blew up, but Micheal was talking to Christian just before (Christian may have saved him) and Jin could have jumped into the water or something... Maybe Christian saved him too? I don't know. But I wouldn't rule out the possability of them to be still alive
              In regards to Saywer
              Spoiler:
              I wouldn't mind knowing what he said to Kate. Obviously we'll find this out at some point, but still, would be nice to know now.
              And in regard to Desmond:
              Spoiler:
              I am glad that he and Penny eventually found each other again. That was a nice ending to the season to see them two back together, just one must ask now, if we will see them again in the seasons to come, and what is likely to go down in regard to Ben looking to kill Penny. I hope he ultimatly doesn't. Generally, Ben is a selfish guy, who obviously doesn't careabout who he kills, or who gets killed because of him
              And the Coffin:
              Spoiler:
              It was John all along... How he got there I will not know (nobody will as of yet), but I doubt we'll see the last of him either.
              sigpic
              It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Originally posted by cyberash
                I wouldn't mind knowing what he said to Kate. Obviously we'll find this out at some point, but still, would be nice to know now.
                I believe it was: "I have a daughter in Albuquerque, you need to find her. Tell her I'm sorry."

The question is, why did he feel the need to tell this to Kate, when as far as he knew, they were all getting rescued?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dev Corvin View Post
                  Just because I have to watch it doesn't mean I have to enjoy it
                  have to watch it ? you have to watch something you don't like ??

is this some morbid fascination with the series ?
                  or some other obscure explanation ?
                  or perhaps it's part of your job ? ^_^

Comment

**** it, those *******s really did kill Jin
                    and Locke

btw. last thing I expected was a teleportation-style displacement of the island lol

Comment

I can't believe they killed Jin. I don't remember which episode it was, but the one with the forward flash when Sun was having her baby, it also showed Jin buying a panda for another couple who were also having a baby. If that was a flashback, that could explain it, but the way it was done, I thought they were both forward flashes. Any ideas?
                      If it comes down to it, I will have a plan. In fact I've cleared my whole afternoon for planning.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo
                        also, can't we just combine the threads for part 2 and 3 seeing as how it aired as 1 whole episode and also it seems silly to try to place conversation regarding the entire episodes into the specific threads...
                        that's because, for hte rest of the world, they won't get a 2 hour finale, they'll get all 3 eps one per week.

right now youguys are doing the sensible thing and keeping the convo to part 3, which works for me

as to moving the island...i wonder...does it really move through space or time?

think about it. Even a few hundred years ago, our world map was a bit different. the tectonic plates move and shift. What if, in moving the island through time, it moved in physicality because it goes back in time when it was located at a different longitude and latitude?

Even 10 - 20 miles would seem to be a massive move, but, in the grand scheme of things, not all that far on a global scale
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
                          I believe it was: "I have a daughter in Albuquerque, you need to find her. Tell her I'm sorry."

The question is, why did he feel the need to tell this to Kate, when as far as he knew, they were all getting rescued?
                          Because when he jumped out of the helicopter, into the middle of the ocean, he didn't know if he would make it back to the island or not. He could have drowned.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

think about it. Even a few hundred years ago, our world map was a bit different. the tectonic plates move and shift. What if, in moving the island through time, it moved in physicality because it goes back in time when it was located at a different longitude and latitude?
                            that is possible and would better explain the presence of a single wheel for moving the island (clockwise/counterclockwise depending on whether u want to travel in the future or the past)
                            whereas space travel would logically require 2 wheels (for the x & y coordinates) depending on destination longitude & latitude

thing is, would time travel cause the water to move & ripple where the island previously was ?

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              that's because, for hte rest of the world, they won't get a 2 hour finale, they'll get all 3 eps one per week.

right now youguys are doing the sensible thing and keeping the convo to part 3, which works for me

Even 10 - 20 miles would seem to be a massive move, but, in the grand scheme of things, not all that far on a global scale
                              I understand the reasoning and there are more than two countries watching but we are getting a 2 hour finale over here in the UK tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_mal_Doran View Post
                                I can't believe they killed Jin. I don't remember which episode it was, but the one with the forward flash when Sun was having her baby, it also showed Jin buying a panda for another couple who were also having a baby. If that was a flashback, that could explain it, but the way it was done, I thought they were both forward flashes. Any ideas?
                                I think the popular consensus was that the Panda was a flashback designed to throw us off. This is the problem, I think, when people get too much information from sources that are not the actual show- they start to expect things based on what the producers say and then have issues when other things come to fruition. This has happened in other shows that will not be mentioned but are relevant to this forum...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X