Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: There's No Place Like Home, Part 3 (414)

Default Re: There's No Place Like Home, Part 3 (414)

Ben has a few ideas? I have one: Ben and Jack kidnap Aaron, Ji-Yeon, and Penny, take them to the Island with Locke. Kate, Sun, and Desmond will plead with Sayid to help them, the Island will send Libby to beckon Hurley, and there you have it - Return to the Planet of the Apes... er... yeah, anyway...

Isn't it amazing that the producers have twice now spent a few million on shifting filming to London in order to have the actor who plays Widmore? He must consider himself very special.

woah what a finale alot of my questions were most certainly answered....about time too

Im still puzzled on one thing tho...im guessing when we saw Sun in hospital giving birth....i guess that was a flashback? it has to be if Jin is dead...or is he?...well the boat blew up so he has to be dead lol..but im confused because in that same flashback/forward he was going to the hospital with a huge panda then it shows Sun and Hurley visiting his grave....so im a little confused on that one....

Quote Originally Posted by xXValaXx View Post
    woah what a finale alot of my questions were most certainly answered....about time too

Im still puzzled on one thing tho...im guessing when we saw Sun in hospital giving birth....i guess that was a flashback? it has to be if Jin is dead...or is he?...well the boat blew up so he has to be dead lol..but im confused because in that same flashback/forward he was going to the hospital with a huge panda then it shows Sun and Hurley visiting his grave....so im a little confused on that one....
    Jin's story was a flashback, Sun's story was a flash forward. They were two separate events.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Yeh i was thinking that Thanks

Second Lieutenant

Awesome finale, as expected. Ever since the Ben-centric episode this season, i've been calling him a teleporter and it feels nice to be vindicated (since my mates thought i was nuts).

Since Ben was moved to Tunisia in 2005 (and he correctly judged that 'October' would be in 2005), i suspect the island has also moved through time and space. This may have implications for the very ageless Richard, then again it may not. Either way, i don't believe that 3 years of island action have passed for the Losties left behind (which always seemed like a lot, given the whole series has taken place on-island over a couple of months)

As for Ben himself, his explanation for his lethal actions seemed a little too quick. Did he really coldly reflect on his life choices in those few seconds after fanatically killing Keamy ? It's also suspicious that Keamy was alive at all and Ben seemed to expect that the person coming down the elevator would be him. Keamy was down when Ben was freed, why didn't he make sure Keamy was dead after Richard shot him ? His daughter's killer was at Ben's feet, on an island with remarkable healing properties, and he didn't even look at the body ?

Come to think of it, the urgency on the island should by rights have been over when Richard shot Keamy. Ben told Jack to get on that boat within the hour but he moved the island in an awful hurry. He didn't even stop to let Locke finish watching the video. Couldn't Ben have waited an hour or two to let Jack and co. off the island, as he promised he would let them do ? Particularly since he knew a rescue effort was going on down at the beach to ferry Losties off the island, if he knew that much then he probably knew that it was going to take some time.

I keep thinking of the scene where Ben asks what the 'arrangement' was between Richard and Sayid/Kate. He accepts Richard's deal to let them off the island by saying "fair enough". Kate, disbelieving, asks him if "that's it", to which Ben replies "that's it".

I think Kate was on to something to here. I think Ben was in a hurry to move the island precisely because he didn't intend to let them leave. The freighter had moved inside the island's time radius to within sight of the island. If Ben had moved the island before the freighter could leave the radius, it's possible that the freighter (with all the people Ben has technically let 'leave' the island) would move with it. If the safe bearing passage out of the radius changes when the island moves, Ben would've succeeded in trapping the Losties whilst technically allowing them to leave the island itself.

Or an even more sinister theory ; Ben may checked out Keamy, discovered he was alive and seen the heart-rate monitor, then deliberately waited for Keamy to come after him, giving the Losties time to get on the boat, before killing Keamy and destroying the freighter. Also, what would have happened if Keamy was still alive and Ben moved the island ? That too could have caused the freighter to explode.

In any event, Ben would no longer be there to answer the charge that he broke his word.

Even if you take his word at face value, Ben still cares nothing for the lives of innocent people, despite his claims to the contrary. It seems even his enemies believed Ben was a good man, since Keamy went to the trouble of rigging the freighter, thinking that Ben wouldn't kill a bunch of innocents. His enemies thought wrong ; the man who helped massacre the DHARMA Initiative has not changed at all in 12 years.

...so im a little confused on that one....
    Hehehe, so many people are still in a spazz about that episode aren't they. I got it straight away, but there are so many out there who are still all wtf about it. jds1982 is correct.

Oh my colleagues are all wtf about Lost altogether....i cnt talk about it to them cos they give up on watching it

I'm glad I stuck around, it is a sweet payoff for those with patience and foresight. And now that publicity of the show's success is spreading rapidly, all the deserters are crawling back or crawling away to hide. Many have said they love the show, but can't stand the serialized format that play as like chapters from a thriller novel. Instead, they are opting to wait for the series to end, and then have one big DVD marathon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    I'm glad I stuck around, it is a sweet payoff for those with patience and foresight. And now that publicity of the show's success is spreading rapidly, all the deserters are crawling back or crawling away to hide.

There are a lot of people like that. The show did bog down for awhile. But sticking around has definitely paid off. LOST is back to it's first season greatness.

Second Lieutenant

I'm kind of torn. Whilst i would miss endlessly dissecting each episode as it comes along and with my insatiable desire to learn what happens next means i could never stay away, i do envy those who have fallen off the bandwagon because they will get the opportunity to marathon all 6 seasons fresh and back-to-back.

A friend of mine got into Lost during Season 4, he watched the first three seasons in a couple of weeks, got caught up and then found watching week-by-week to be intolerable. He's managed to wait for the last couple to accumulate and have a 4-hour viewing session.

Speaking of crazy attention to detail, an interesting update on the survivors : between the minor characters, novels, once-off mentions, mob-isodes, etc, there are only 5 out of the original 48 survivors who haven't been named yet, that number drops to 3 if you include the characters from the new video game.

The writers are going to have to start taking care, cause they've had one unknown woman die this season, along with two more women and a man on the freighter with Jin. Either the video game characters don't count, or pre-existing characters are getting killed off without been properly referenced !

Major

wait, people think Michael is alive still?

come ON.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbo View Post
    wait, people think Michael is alive still?

come ON.
    huh? HP confirmed the character's death

Major

i know he's dead. but i was just reading back in this thread because i haven't read it in a few weeks, and people were saying they thought he was still alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbo View Post
    i know he's dead. but i was just reading back in this thread because i haven't read it in a few weeks, and people were saying they thought he was still alive.
    oh ok, yeah he's definitely dead

Probie

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post

I'm just so glad the finale was a two-hour and not a one-hour show. Can you imagine what would have been missed if all that was condensed for a single episode?

ComicCon in July will have a LOST panel, let's hope they spill a few secrets about next season, specifically casting.
    hmmmmm,I also think so.