Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast

Thread: There's No Place Like Home, Part 3 (414)

First Lieutenant

Default Re: There's No Place Like Home, Part 3 (414)

Oh My God!!!

What an awesome season final. Have just finished watching it, and I think it ties up a lot of loose ends fairly nicely. I would think, that now they're off the island (both in the future tense, and present) that next season will be on-off the island, alternating between those who are off, and those who are still there.

I am still not convinced that Micheal and Jin are actually dead either.
    Spoiler:
    Yes, I know the boat blew up, but Micheal was talking to Christian just before (Christian may have saved him) and Jin could have jumped into the water or something... Maybe Christian saved him too? I don't know. But I wouldn't rule out the possability of them to be still alive
    In regards to Saywer
    Spoiler:
    I wouldn't mind knowing what he said to Kate. Obviously we'll find this out at some point, but still, would be nice to know now.
    And in regard to Desmond:
    Spoiler:
    I am glad that he and Penny eventually found each other again. That was a nice ending to the season to see them two back together, just one must ask now, if we will see them again in the seasons to come, and what is likely to go down in regard to Ben looking to kill Penny. I hope he ultimatly doesn't. Generally, Ben is a selfish guy, who obviously doesn't careabout who he kills, or who gets killed because of him
    And the Coffin:
    Spoiler:
    It was John all along... How he got there I will not know (nobody will as of yet), but I doubt we'll see the last of him either.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberash
    I wouldn't mind knowing what he said to Kate. Obviously we'll find this out at some point, but still, would be nice to know now.
    I believe it was: "I have a daughter in Albuquerque, you need to find her. Tell her I'm sorry."

The question is, why did he feel the need to tell this to Kate, when as far as he knew, they were all getting rescued?

Quote Originally Posted by Dev Corvin View Post
    Just because I have to watch it doesn't mean I have to enjoy it
    have to watch it ? you have to watch something you don't like ??

is this some morbid fascination with the series ?
    or some other obscure explanation ?
    or perhaps it's part of your job ? ^_^

**** it, those *******s really did kill Jin
    and Locke

btw. last thing I expected was a teleportation-style displacement of the island lol

I can't believe they killed Jin. I don't remember which episode it was, but the one with the forward flash when Sun was having her baby, it also showed Jin buying a panda for another couple who were also having a baby. If that was a flashback, that could explain it, but the way it was done, I thought they were both forward flashes. Any ideas?
    If it comes down to it, I will have a plan. In fact I've cleared my whole afternoon for planning.

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

Quote Originally Posted by Morbo View Post
    also, can't we just combine the threads for part 2 and 3 seeing as how it aired as 1 whole episode and also it seems silly to try to place conversation regarding the entire episodes into the specific threads...
    that's because, for hte rest of the world, they won't get a 2 hour finale, they'll get all 3 eps one per week.

right now youguys are doing the sensible thing and keeping the convo to part 3, which works for me

as to moving the island...i wonder...does it really move through space or time?

think about it. Even a few hundred years ago, our world map was a bit different. the tectonic plates move and shift. What if, in moving the island through time, it moved in physicality because it goes back in time when it was located at a different longitude and latitude?

Even 10 - 20 miles would seem to be a massive move, but, in the grand scheme of things, not all that far on a global scale

Queen Kat
    (Moderator)
    2nd star to the right & straight on 'til morning

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    I believe it was: "I have a daughter in Albuquerque, you need to find her. Tell her I'm sorry."

The question is, why did he feel the need to tell this to Kate, when as far as he knew, they were all getting rescued?
    Because when he jumped out of the helicopter, into the middle of the ocean, he didn't know if he would make it back to the island or not. He could have drowned.

Quote Originally Posted by Skydiver

think about it. Even a few hundred years ago, our world map was a bit different. the tectonic plates move and shift. What if, in moving the island through time, it moved in physicality because it goes back in time when it was located at a different longitude and latitude?
    that is possible and would better explain the presence of a single wheel for moving the island (clockwise/counterclockwise depending on whether u want to travel in the future or the past)
    whereas space travel would logically require 2 wheels (for the x & y coordinates) depending on destination longitude & latitude

thing is, would time travel cause the water to move & ripple where the island previously was ?

Quote Originally Posted by Skydiver View Post
    that's because, for hte rest of the world, they won't get a 2 hour finale, they'll get all 3 eps one per week.

right now youguys are doing the sensible thing and keeping the convo to part 3, which works for me

Even 10 - 20 miles would seem to be a massive move, but, in the grand scheme of things, not all that far on a global scale
    I understand the reasoning and there are more than two countries watching but we are getting a 2 hour finale over here in the UK tomorrow.

Sitting in a corner, waiting for the 3rd SG1 movie

Quote Originally Posted by Vala_mal_Doran View Post
    I can't believe they killed Jin. I don't remember which episode it was, but the one with the forward flash when Sun was having her baby, it also showed Jin buying a panda for another couple who were also having a baby. If that was a flashback, that could explain it, but the way it was done, I thought they were both forward flashes. Any ideas?
    I think the popular consensus was that the Panda was a flashback designed to throw us off. This is the problem, I think, when people get too much information from sources that are not the actual show- they start to expect things based on what the producers say and then have issues when other things come to fruition. This has happened in other shows that will not be mentioned but are relevant to this forum...

Personally im not so sure jins dead, michael on the other hand is very much so, as hes been trying to commit suicide for a long time now an the island wouldnt let him and when christian sheppard appeared in the freighter he said you can go now or something very close to that implying he can die now.

Major

Quote Originally Posted by Vala_mal_Doran View Post
    they split it that episode on purpose. Jin's was a flashback, Sun's was a flash forward.
    That's why Jin had an older cell, and there was no mention at all about what baby he was getting the panda for.

I'd wager good money on Jin really being dead. Hurley was on the chopper when the boat exploded, and he came to see Sun and went with her to his grave too. No, it's not proof, but I think it's a pretty sound theory/conclusion.

but yeah, michael is gone.
    If my other forums weren't down right now, I'd post an article about an interview with Harold Perrineau and how he was upset about the fate of his character after coming back.

Oh cant wait to see the finale tomorrow

I think the theory that Jeremy Bentham is an Orchid-made duplicate of Locke is entirely plausible. (Watch the Orchid video with the twinned #15 bunny.) I think that when the Six get back to the island, they are going to be shocked to find Locke there alive and well.

Does this mean there might be two Bens running around, as well? He wasn't exactly time-space shifted by the Vault, but he was apparently time (3 years, ahead to 2007) and space shifted by what he did in the hidden room behind it.

I suspect that Jin is really and truly dead, as is Michael. Christian didn't magically whisk Claire away -- he appeared to her in the jungle and got her to follow him. An island apparition does not have the power of teleporting others, so far as we know.

What is Sun doing with Widmore? If she thinks they have common interests, I suspect it's the joy of hating Benjamin Linus. If she too was visited by Jeremy Bentham / Locke, she could have found out that Ben indirectly (and without any regret) caused Jin's death by killing Keamy. She may want revenge on Ben (and, perhaps, Widmore too for that matter) -- and will be in for a surprise when she finds Ben teamed up with Sayid, Jack, and Hurley next season.

How did Widmore find out about what happened on the island and the circumstances surrounding Alex's death ("The Shape of Things To Come")? When he spoke to Ben about who was to blame for her death, it implied that some of the strike team actually made it back to him.

Ben said he can never return to the island, but clearly he has "a few ideas" about how he and the Oceanic Six (and Locke) might make it back. I suspect he is using them to get back to the island ... after he takes care of a little personal business with Penelope.

GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - RSS
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

(Moderator)

Quote Originally Posted by Amalthea View Post
    I think the popular consensus was that the Panda was a flashback designed to throw us off. This is the problem, I think, when people get too much information from sources that are not the actual show- they start to expect things based on what the producers say and then have issues when other things come to fruition. This has happened in other shows that will not be mentioned but are relevant to this forum...
    jin was a flashback. I remember him giving hte panda as a gift to one of sun's father's compatriots, at the behest of sun's father.

in other words, it took place when he was sun's father's patsy, not in the future with sun having her child.

(Moderator)

Quote Originally Posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
    that is possible and would better explain the presence of a single wheel for moving the island (clockwise/counterclockwise depending on whether u want to travel in the future or the past)
    whereas space travel would logically require 2 wheels (for the x & y coordinates) depending on destination longitude & latitude

thing is, would time travel cause the water to move & ripple where the island previously was ?
    yeah. because let's say in 2007 it exists at 20 degrees north latitude (i'm just pulling numbers out of my head here), but ben jumps it back to 1807, and it's at 18 degrees north latitude, it no longer exists at 20 degrees, thus the water rushes in to fill the emptiness, while at 18 degrees, the water is pushed away

In the middle of an empty ocean, no one would notice and it's possible that anything picked up by the seismometers is just written off as a minor earth quake

Jin isn't dead because they need a hook to get sun back to the island

Quote Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
    Jin isn't dead because they need a hook to get sun back to the island
    She cant be sure hes dead at all neither can we thats the hook. Regardless of wether he actually is or not. Personally i think he could still be alive because if he managed to get off the freighter in time dan was in the dingy with some of the other losties, michael on the otherhand is a goner, the island let him go.
    Last edited by marty2006; June 1st, 2008 at 02:16 PM.

Best, Finale, Ever!

For once there is no indication of what is going to happen next which is brilliant because it makes me want to watch it even more! If only Stargate Atlantis took a cue from Lost in how to do an ending because the last finale of Atlantis made me angry.

(Also my first post in several months after being away at university! yey!)

Quote Originally Posted by cyberash View Post
    Oh My God!!!

I am still not convinced that Micheal and Jin are actually dead either. Yes, I know the boat blew up, but Micheal was talking to Christian just before (Christian may have saved him) and Jin could have jumped into the water or something... Maybe Christian saved him too? I don't know. But I wouldn't rule out the possability of them to be still alive

In regards to SaywerI wouldn't mind knowing what he said to Kate. Obviously we'll find this out at some point, but still, would be nice to know now.
    I think Michael is dead because if you remember that the island wouln't let him die until he fulfilled his role (he even put a gun to his head and nothing happened). When the bomb was about to blow up Christian told him "you can go now", which means that his job is done and he can finally die.

Also in regards to what sawyer said there is a video here which makes sense of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5W2-...eature=related