Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There's No Place Like Home, Part 1 (412)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morbo
    i'm going to be pretty upset if desmond doesn't get to see penny again.
    also, since he's my favorite character, i'm going to be pretty pissed if he gets died.
    yeah me too (depending on the colour, though)

Comment

Nice set up ep. I enjoyed it.

Sucks having to wait 2 weeks to see the payoff.

I'm wondering who the other two are that supposedly died on the island in the little cover story are. Jack says eight of them made it to the island and two later died. I wonder who. Not really an important detail, but I'm curious as to who they named as part of the cover story.
      IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post

I'm wondering who the other two are that supposedly died on the island in the little cover story are. Jack says eight of them made it to the island and two later died. I wonder who. Not really an important detail, but I'm curious as to who they named as part of the cover story.
        My money is they claim Bernard and his wife died... they're old, it makes sense. They could use the logic that that is why they survived, since they're all younger to deflect attention away from the fact that they all look so good given the ordeal they claim to have gone through.
        sigpic

Comment

They've mentioned in interviews that the two that died on the island aren't important...it just made a better story than saying that everyone survived.

As for the whole will Jin live or die debate, I find it very convenient that a few episodes before Sun leaves the island they reveal that someone else on the island speaks Korean.

Comment

Originally posted by JayShadow View Post
            They've mentioned in interviews that the two that died on the island aren't important...it just made a better story than saying that everyone survived.
            So they are just red shirts then? Just wondered if they would eventually have names put to them in the cover story. Names that would be familiar.

Maybe they were Steve and Scott.
            IMO always implied.

Comment

I dnt get tho why they sed tht only 8 of them survived....ive missed quite a bit of it...

Comment

Originally posted by xXValaXx View Post
                I dnt get tho why they sed tht only 8 of them survived....ive missed quite a bit of it...
                My guess is because either something really bad goes down with the boat people and a lot of them, although not all of them, do get killed, or somehow, the island doesn't let them leave or they don't want to leave. So, short answer is we don't know why they're lying, but they are lying about how many survived.
                sigpic

Comment

first off - great typing...for a 3 year old.

secondly - it's a cover story. it's a lie. they can't and won't mention the island at all. having more people survive, then eventually die during their ordeal is simply a more interesting - if not believable, story.

i could be wrong, but i'd wager that's basically all there is to it.

Comment

First off im 21 not 3....

And yeh i no its a lie i just didnt get why they were lying but i guess we'll find out soon enough!

Comment

There lying to protect the people left on the island. It's pretty obvious from the past few eps that outside forces ( widmore ) want all island inhabitants dead.

Comment

First off im 21 not 3....

And yeh i no its a lie i just didnt
                        are you sure? because I'm just about 27, and I know I didn't type like a 4 year old when I was 21.

Originally posted by Boo Boo View Post
                        There lying to protect the people left on the island. It's pretty obvious from the past few eps that outside forces ( widmore ) want all island inhabitants dead.
                        exactly.

Comment

Its the way i type im sorry if its an inconvenince to u, wasnt intentional or anything..no need to be snappy tho....

Thanks boo boo....ive caught up now and i understand it all now cant wait for the season finale

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post

Either I'm crazy or I totally missed the bit where Jack tells who the other three were that survived when this ep originally aired.

I caught the 3 names in last night's repeat. Was it an "extended" cut of the ep? Because I swear I didn't hear them the first time this aired....

Anyway....at least my question was answered. Boone, Libby, and Charlie were named.
                            IMO always implied.

Comment

Its the way i type im sorry if its an inconvenince to u, wasnt intentional or anything..no need to be snappy tho....

Thanks boo boo....ive caught up now and i understand it all now cant wait for the season finale
                              This was the season finale

Comment

I havent seen it yet....see it tomorrow...

Comment

Working...
                                X