• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Shape of Things To Come (409)

Visit the Episode GuideLOST SEASON FOUR
    THE SHAPE OF THINGS TO COME
    EPISODE NUMBER - 409

Ben must go to great lengths when Locke's camp comes under attack by soldiers from the freighter. A body washes ashore at the beach camp, and in the future Ben makes contact with someone from the island.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 24 April 2008, 07:01 PM.

um.
    yeah.

HOLY SHI..........

Comment

i can't even think right now.

-we know how sayid comes to work for ben
      -alex is dead (NOOO she was hot)
      -jack is teh sick
      -Ben has a Batcave in his house
      -Ben [can] control the smoke monster
      -THE SMOKE MONSTER FTW!!!!
      -Keamy is still alive somehow? (preview)
      -Ben going after Penny ->
      -Ben vs Desmond will be epic
      -Ben waking up in the desert in 2005 - somehow.
      -Ben & Widmore convo was crazy good. how WAS it Widmore's island?

good golly miss molly

Comment

My goodness me. What an episode! How is it they manage to answer questions with questions all the time? I loved it! I thought Claire was done for, but, not yet, according to Miles. Crazy good!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
          i can't even think right now.

-Ben [can] control the smoke monster
          -Keamy is still alive somehow? (preview)
          I'm not sure he controls it since he told everyone they needed to stay away from the soldiers, but he can definitely release it.

Unfortunately from a preview clip:
          Spoiler:
          Most of the soldiers survived, if not all of them. It kinda makes sense, though, because if the only commandos from the boat died in one episode there wouldn't really be a threat the rest of the season. Still... kinda disappointed in the smoke monster's productivity, even though it looked more badass then ever.

Comment

-THE SMOKE MONSTER

-Ben waking up in the desert in 2005 - somehow.

he was "beamed" there

Comment

The Shape Of Things To Come? I seriously ****ing hope not. At what point did the producers think it would be a good idea to turn Lost into a cheeseball show like 24? All those retarded action sequences canceled out almost all enjoyment I might otherwise have had from this episode. I mean, Sawyer flipping a bench to protect himself from guys with machine guns about 100 meters away, and then running along a white picket fence while a trail of bullet impacts followed him? Deary me, I'm really disappointed in the producers right now.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                The Shape Of Things To Come? I seriously ****ing hope not. At what point did the producers think it would be a good idea to turn Lost into a cheeseball show like 24? All those retarded action sequences canceled out almost all enjoyment I might otherwise have had from this episode. I mean, Sawyer flipping a bench to protect himself from guys with machine guns about 100 meters away, and then running along a white picket fence while a trail of bullet impacts followed him? Deary me, I'm really disappointed in the producers right now.
                Dear Jenks,

Check me out. I appear in TV shows all the time.

Sincerely,
                Suspension of Disbelief

Comment

Suspension of disbelief appears in shows all the time? You didn't think that through, did you? My complaints have nothing to do with suspension of disbelief, people get attacked by a giant black smoke monster for **** sake, what annoys me is Lost being randomly turn into a cheesy action show for no good reason. If they think it's 'cool', it's not. And even if it were, shame on them for trying to turn Lost into something it's not.

Comment

i don't think they were going for cheesy action show.

it was a part of the story. there are people there to kill other people. no mercy.

guns on full auto are pretty inaccurate, especially when you're trying to hit a moving target. flipping the table? you'd do it too. sawyer not getting hit once - ok, probably won't always happen, but it's part of the story. just roll with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo
                      i don't think they were going for cheesy action show.

it was a part of the story. there are people there to kill other people. no mercy.

guns on full auto are pretty inaccurate, especially when you're trying to hit a moving target. flipping the table? you'd do it too. sawyer not getting hit once - ok, probably won't always happen, but it's part of the story. just roll with it.
                      action in such a show is simply out of place & unacceptable. especially in a survival story
                      they're supposed to be lost, disoriented. at most I expect them to err about like zombies - I mean lost souls - light the occasional campfire & maybe talk from time to time (moaning & wailing about how lost they are). instead they act (they even run at times !). this is Lost for frak's sake, even the sight of them running is just too much (not to mention bad guys - worse, bad guys with guns (loaded guns !!))

Comment

woohoo cool ep the smoke monster's back, Claire almost dies and Ben's daughter...well she does die. what about Rousseau and Karl, are they also dead? so how many people did the smoke monster kill? six? because that would leave only 4 or 5 people on the boat. I liked how Jack used Bernard to decode the message, good thinking. hopefully we'll see more of those guys in the next eps. so this is how Sayid's come to work for Ben. I wonder if he's the one that'll kill Penelope. Desmond won't like this. wow can't wait to see the next ep
                        sigpic
                        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

It was only a month-long hiatus, but it still felt like forever. Episodes like this are the reason why. This one had me from the teaser and didn't let go until the very last second. I have the feeling the rest of the season is going to be like this, and if so, I'm very, very glad the second half of the season was salvageable after the writers' strike!

Lost 4.9: The Shape of Things to Come

Overall, this episode started off the second half of the season on a massive high-note, setting the stage for the grueling conflict to come and shedding light on ongoing mysteries. There are some criticisms to be made along the way, but the story itself does much to make up for it. This was meant to be the season that changes everything, and it is living up to its name.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                            woohoo cool ep the smoke monster's back, Claire almost dies and Ben's daughter...well she does die. what about Rousseau and Karl, are they also dead? so how many people did the smoke monster kill? six? because that would leave only 4 or 5 people on the boat. I liked how Jack used Bernard to decode the message, good thinking. hopefully we'll see more of those guys in the next eps. so this is how Sayid's come to work for Ben. I wonder if he's the one that'll kill Penelope. Desmond won't like this. wow can't wait to see the next ep
                            Nah. I don't see Sayid ever agreeing to go after her unless you mean it will be Ben. He I can totally see wanting to pull the trigger himself. I don't see it ever happening though.

And yeah, I gotta kind of agree with jenks, the shooting at Sawyer was just laughable. When he was hiding behind that picket fence. lol! Eh whatever. I can live with it as I'm not too fussed about it but it sure was funny.
                            IMO always implied.

Comment

I think you'll find it was sarcasm

Great ep! COuld that be the most things to ever happen in 1 episode?? Loads of stuff going on, but never felt rushed... all the threads were fascinating... amazing...

Oh... and anyone notice steam coming off Ben when he woke in the desert?

Comment

Working...
                              X