Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Shape of Things To Come (409)

First Lieutenant

Default Re: The Shape of Things To Come (409)

It has been said by you guys that you think Ben may control the 'Monster'. I don't believe this to be the case, at least, not as such. I think he can 'summon' it, but not control it.

If he can control the Monster, why would he have had everyone run for the woods (and away from the Monster) - If he could control it, he would have simply told it not to harm his new 'friends'. My second point on this, is that fence which the soilders got Alex to power down. That fence protects the villiage (from the Monster). Why would they need a fence if the Monster could be controlled?

I think it is also good that we now know how Sayid came to be working for Ben. Though if I saw correctly, there was a smile from Ben as he walked away, giving the indication that things have happened how he had hoped.

Also, in regards to Charles Whitmore: He said to Ben, that he can't kill him. Ironic that this was also said by Tom, when Micheal put a Gun to his head. Could it be that Charles was on the island at some point, and found his way off, and is now stuck in the same loop (so to speak), thus can't die?

Will also be interesting to find out if Desmond and Penelope are together yet, and whether Desmond will have anything to do with Ben going after Penelope, such as trying to stop him, or talking him around etc.

Quote Originally Posted by YodaMate View Post
    Is the man Sayid killed even responsible for Nadia's death ? Could Ben have actually been behind it ?
    1st thing that came to mind before I even saw that smirk on Ben's face as he walked off

Sayid himself said it himself : why would those mercs pick on his g/f ?

Second Lieutenant unluckynumber11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jenks View Post
    The Shape Of Things To Come? I seriously ****ing hope not. At what point did the producers think it would be a good idea to turn Lost into a cheeseball show like 24? All those retarded action sequences canceled out almost all enjoyment I might otherwise have had from this episode. I mean, Sawyer flipping a bench to protect himself from guys with machine guns about 100 meters away, and then running along a white picket fence while a trail of bullet impacts followed him? Deary me, I'm really disappointed in the producers right now.
    You know jenks this is one of my favorite episodes of Lost so I am absolutly thrilled that you can't stand it

Probie

Wow !!! it's a Great Episode and Great Show.
    I Really Like This Episode.