This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wraith feeding

i know this would ruin atlantis, and the writers would never do it, and i dont think ive ever seen it denied, but

can wraith feed off animals, such as pigs, cows, or even monkeys/apes ??

if so, i think humankind would allow wraith to feed on them (just as we eat them) so that the wraith would stop feeding on us, humans

sorry if its a stupid post, but i only have access to internet every so often, so i wanted 2 get a few questions in while i can.

animal life force isn't compatible with the wraith's system. either beckett or sheppard hint to that in "poisoning the well".
    Last edited by naamiaiset; 22 April 2008, 08:43 AM.

Comment

That's speculation. He refused to feed on animals, it doesn't mean he can't. I'm pretty sure Joe Mallozzi said that they can in fact, but I'd have to find the quote...

Comment

just, seems to me, wraith considor us as animals, compared to themselves

so, why should anything we considor as inferior, or animal, be considored the same way by the wraith

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          That's speculation. He refused to feed on animals, it doesn't mean he can't. I'm pretty sure Joe Mallozzi said that they can in fact, but I'd have to find the quote...
          you're right, it's speculation, that's why I said "hinted to".

Comment

obviously the writers will never allow the wraith to be able to feed on animals

it would basically ruin the wraith as a whole

Comment

Just a quick question as i cant remember. How many women have been fed on on screen on Stargate Atlantis? I get the impression watching Atlantis that Wraith prefer feeding on men

Comment

obviously, the wraith dont care, they consider us as animals, as food, so they will feed on men, woman, child, they dont have any human rights

as far as woman killed on screen, i have no idea, im sorry, but im sure theres been a few, perhaps offscreen teams

Comment

Originally posted by ykickamoocow View Post
                  Just a quick question as i cant remember. How many women have been fed on on screen on Stargate Atlantis? I get the impression watching Atlantis that Wraith prefer feeding on men
                  I can only think of two, larrin and the village leader's daughter in "sateda".

Comment

It would be very unwise for Wraith to feed on women still within the age to have children.

But we never see what happens to women who accidentally get culled. Like Teyla and the team got captured in Rising. They never took her, I think?

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Also, what do most of your questions have to do specifically with season 5? Maybe the threads are better off under general discussion?

Comment

Maybe the wraith can feed off animals but just prefer not to, like we prefer one food more than another. Also maybe we give more life energy than other creatures.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SGASG! View Post
                          Maybe the wraith can feed off animals but just prefer not to, like we prefer one food more than another. Also maybe we give more life energy than other creatures.
                          Yes, I thought of this too. If the average life expectancy for a human would be 80, and they capture and drain someone who is 30, they get 50 years of life force, right?

No way a cow will give you the same thing... Not that we've seen animals in the PG, at least not a lot, if any.

Comment

Several times Wraith have commented on the quality of the life force within various characters. I believe that was said about Col. Sumner in Rising I, and it has been said of Sheppard at least a couple of times. Ronon apparently had a life force stong enough to entice the Wraith into using him as a runner instead of as an afternoon snack. It is doubtful that the life force of a "lesser" animal species would be appealing to the Wraith, assuming that they have a choice in the matter.
                            Last edited by SpaceCowboy; 23 April 2008, 05:45 PM.
                            sigpic The Outlaw Josey Wales
                            Josey Wales: Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is.

----------------

Comment

Here's one big problem with the whole 'Wraith can feed on big animals, they just refuse to' argument...

When Todd was starving, you can't tell me Sheppard wouldn't have gone to him first to persuade him to feed on an animal in order to live. I can hear Shep's whiny voice now, "Come on, buddy. So, you don't like the taste...too bad. Either suck on a cow, or die. You really don't have much choice, now, do you?"

But that option didn't even come up. Instead, Sheppard went to Wallace, a human, and convinced him to sacrifice himself as Todd's meal. No way would Sheppard do that if he knew a Wraith could be sustained by feeding on an animal, but were just too spoiled to do so.

So, I think that - as it stands now - the Wraith cannot be sustained by an animal, or - at the very least - they have convinced humans that they cannot be sustained by feeding on an animal. Now, we might find out that they can feed on animals, and they've been faking all along...which is gonna make Sheppard REALLY pissed at Todd!

das
                              Last edited by dasNdanger; 24 April 2008, 08:10 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X